Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#1 Mar 13, 2013
So I heard on a radio talk show that Michelle Obama is planning for her 50th birthday party. They said that the White House has already spent $2.1 million just planning it! So add this expense to those million dollar parties they have and figure out how many people all that money would help that are losing their homes to foreclosure because they lost their jobs because of bad planning by the government. Maybe we should out-source the Obama's jobs to India or Taiwan like most of our jobs have been. And to all you people that voted for Obama, I hope you're happy with that birthday party coming up. Too bad you're not invited but don't feel too bad because your tax dollars are paying for it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#2 Mar 13, 2013
Bill O had some spending facts last night. The US federal government just awarded some science team 1.5 million dollars to study why there is such a high percentage of fat lesbians, and gay men stay in much better shape.

I don't know who pays for Mrs. Dictators birthday, but I doubt the taxpayer is footing the bill. I could be wrong of course, but I'm just assuming.
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#3 Mar 13, 2013
And water is wet. Death is inevitable. Any other obvious news to report? Party politics is funny. They want to point out Michelle, but will not point out all the fat cat republicans who do the same. Finding the politicians who don't abuse spending allowances is newsworthy. Finding those who do isn't.

They have been funding ridiculous studies since before any one of us were born. It's how departments justify their budgets. How much of that money is pocketed? A lot. LOL

Heck, I abuse my spending allowance. That's the whole point of having one in the first place. Don't get mad; find a way in the game. That's what I decided to do. If you can't beat them, join them.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#4 Mar 13, 2013
Yeah, easy if you can stick your hand in the tax till, that is if there IS a till you can take from. I'm retired and on a fixed income. My till's always empty so I can't really do what the Obamas do, like have million dollar parties.

The money that these dingbats rip off of the tax payers could be going towards paving our roads. Any body taken a ride through Garfield in the last few years? Rockside between South Lee Rd and Turney is like the craters on the moon. I do see they have some orange barrels on the tree lawns there so maybe they're going to pave it finally. Maybe the Obamas skipped ONE party and donated the tax money to get Rockside paved! hahaha! Fat chance!

Hey! I just come up with an idea! How about the government donate money to me so I can see how many garages I can have built and how many muscle cars from the 60s' & 70s' I could by? lolhahahalol!
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#5 Mar 13, 2013
Speaking of Garfield, did they ever complete that road? That cityview project is an example of government corruption. Isn't the former mayor now enjoying golf in Arizona?

Look at Iraq and Haliburton. Republicans and Democrats got rich off tricking the American people into the Iraq war.

Why do you think people get into politics? The perks are great. Tax dollars are prime for misuse. Both Republicans and Democrats do it. If you don't think Bush, Clinton, or Reagan were screwing you over, you're living in the land of Oz. LOL They're all crooks.

They don't care about your fixed income. They(republicans and democrats) want to stop you from getting cheap prescription drugs from Canada. Meanwhile, they have the best healthcare in the solar system. Who pays for it? You did.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#6 Mar 14, 2013
mapleman wrote:
Speaking of Garfield, did they ever complete that road? That cityview project is an example of government corruption. Isn't the former mayor now enjoying golf in Arizona?
Look at Iraq and Haliburton. Republicans and Democrats got rich off tricking the American people into the Iraq war.
Why do you think people get into politics? The perks are great. Tax dollars are prime for misuse. Both Republicans and Democrats do it. If you don't think Bush, Clinton, or Reagan were screwing you over, you're living in the land of Oz. LOL They're all crooks.
They don't care about your fixed income. They(republicans and democrats) want to stop you from getting cheap prescription drugs from Canada. Meanwhile, they have the best healthcare in the solar system. Who pays for it? You did.
You mean that road that was supposed to continue Transportation Blvd to Rockside? Naw. Probably never happen. Someone is clearing all the trees down from the other side of where that road was supposed to come out though so maybe it's in the stages of being built. It would take a lot of traffic off of Turney if it was built. And then they can build a bunch of strip malls along that road and then close them down after a year or so like they did that City View project. WOW! What a waste of money that place turned out to be. They built those stores on a garbage land fill so then they closed it down because they said there was deadly gasses seeping into the stores. So, maybe they can build that road and build stores along it because I heard that there's a large Indian burial ground there! lol!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#7 Mar 14, 2013
City View is another story. When they build malls like that one, they have an anchor store and surrounding stores that feed off the main store. In the contract, if the anchor store closes up or leaves, that means all contracts of the other businesses are null and void.

In other words, all those smaller stores got business from people who shopped at Wal-Mart. When Wal-Mart left, so did the other stores because their business dried up as well.

Stories that came out afterwards showed that there was no danger in the supposed gasses that entered the store. They set the alarms to sensitive and needed an excuse to close up because of the Super Wal-Mart in Bedford. Garfield didn't have the money to challenge the dream team of lawyers that a multi-billion dollar organization like Wal-Mart had.

I think that mall is one of the best malls around. It's setup so conveniently that it's a short walk to any store in there. I love going there, it's just that there's not much there anymore. But I have faith.

I have an apple computer, so if I need do-dads like keyboards, a mouse or some minor repair or update for my computer, I have to go to Legacy Village to the Apple store. You want to talk about a ridiculous and uncomfortable mall. You can't even find WTF you're looking for, and even if you do, try to find your way out of the place. Parking is horrible. You can't park anywhere near the store you're going to shop at. You actually need a map of the place to locate the place you're looking for.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#8 Mar 14, 2013
mapleman wrote:
And water is wet. Death is inevitable. Any other obvious news to report? Party politics is funny. They want to point out Michelle, but will not point out all the fat cat republicans who do the same. Finding the politicians who don't abuse spending allowances is newsworthy. Finding those who do isn't.
They have been funding ridiculous studies since before any one of us were born. It's how departments justify their budgets. How much of that money is pocketed? A lot. LOL
Heck, I abuse my spending allowance. That's the whole point of having one in the first place. Don't get mad; find a way in the game. That's what I decided to do. If you can't beat them, join them.
No, you find a way to beat them.

The problem is that most people don't pay attention to what their politicians are doing. They don't know how they vote or what they agreed to spend money on. If it's a Democrat, then it doesn't matter because the voters in Democrat areas love when Washington spends money. If it's a Republican area, voters don't follow the votes of their politicians.

Sure, it's always happened, but now our country is near financial collapse. It has to stop. DumBama runs around playing golf, and every time he does, he has to have an entourage that costs tens of thousands of dollars. Then when asked or when he speaks, he tells us how much more sacrifice is needed from the people--particularly the wealthy.
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#9 Mar 14, 2013
I agree with you about Legacy Village. It was a mess out there whenever I went. Your best bet is to go to Crocker Park.

Shopping at the Giant Eagle at City View was like night and day compared to the one at Southgate. I remember when I boycotted Garfield because of that speeding van hustle they had(The one they deployed all over the city). I still refused to go to the Southgate Giant Eagle.

I'm not wasting my life fighting when it's easier to join them. You have been alive over 50 years. Have you witnessed people getting smarter? Of course not. They fall for the same tricks they did 20 years ago. The same tricks they fell for 40 years ago. The same tricks they fell for in 1913 work in 2013.

The general population is just too dumb. Think about the average voter in both parties. They can't even run their own lives. How can they hope to take part the political process? If people were smart enough for democracy to work, everyone would be an engineer, scientist, lawyer, doctor, accountant and so forth.

The reason why things seemed to work better years ago is the dumb masses had less to occupy themselves with. Video games didn't exist. There were only three channels(that's if you had a tv). No Internet. No cell phones. With all the distractions of today's world, any hope is lost.

True, the Internet and social media have been used in other parts of the world for coups and political movements. But outside of the movement against SOPA, the people of the U.S. just don't seem to use social medial for positive purposes -- at least on a large scale.
Queen Michelle

Beachwood, OH

#10 Jun 16, 2013
don' foegets dat mah huzbaynd be outta' a geob soun sow pay dose tayxeses so's we's kin keeps up's hour laiff stillez. Gimmy day moohlahz!
Chuchu

Twinsburg, OH

#11 Jun 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Bill O had some spending facts last night. The US federal government just awarded some science team 1.5 million dollars to study why there is such a high percentage of fat lesbians, and gay men stay in much better shape.
I don't know who pays for Mrs. Dictators birthday, but I doubt the taxpayer is footing the bill. I could be wrong of course, but I'm just assuming.
1.5 million to study that,I will give you the answer for free,just like me they are eating to much and not the healthy foods.Are goverment is a Fu@@ing joke.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#12 Jun 27, 2013
I hear a lot on the news or talk show radio that when the King & Queen of the USA go to other countries, it's paid for by tax money. They fly several planes loaded with limos, personal belongings, secret service, they even bring bullet proof windows to put into the hotels they stay at. Seems odd that the windows would have to be replaced with bullet proof windows though because last time I heard, bullets can go through walls. But anyway, all this costs the tax payers.

A place I worked at, this one guy ran for chief union steward and won. Later on he told me the reason he ran was because he now has seniority over
everyone. So, if layoffs came, since he's top union official, he stays working and guys with higher seniority gets the boot. So, he just went for the position for himself, not to help the workers. Sounds a lot like our president and his queen to me. Same bull-crap. Just got elected for the money, power and prestige.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Rioters Coming To Cleveland 12/20/2014... 1 hr CndySux 3
Lets All Feel Sorry For The Obamas..... 6 hr xxxrayted 6
Cuyahoga Amateur Radio Society Thu Massimo da Milano 1
K8ME, Walks out of his bedroom,weight, 500 pounds. Thu CARS member 8
WB8N Legally declared BRAIN DEAD Dec 16 Jeannie 11
cuyahoga amateur radio society sucks Dec 14 Jeannie 16
Maybe it's time for whites to start protesting Dec 13 Maple Resident 11
More from around the web

Garfield Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE