Comments
16,341 - 16,360 of 30,506 Comments Last updated 56 min ago
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17859 Mar 14, 2013
Poops wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I was trying to contribute? I just stopped in to remind you all that Obama is your president and America is thriving because of it. Also watching how much it steams your tea bags when I change my name is a bonus. No wonder you guys lost. Did I happen to mention that you guys lost? Aaaahhh ha ha ha ha!
Well, we have 30 states with Republican governorships and many of them with Republican house and senates. Plus we remained leaders in Congress which is the only thing stopping this country from going totally over.

I think you misspelled in your second sentence. I'm sure you meant to say "America is throbbing because of it." I know you don't mean thriving because nobody is thriving in this country today.
ArtFilmRay

Canton, OH

#17860 Mar 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we have 30 states with Republican governorships and many of them with Republican house and senates. Plus we remained leaders in Congress which is the only thing stopping this country from going totally over.
I think you misspelled in your second sentence. I'm sure you meant to say "America is throbbing because of it." I know you don't mean thriving because nobody is thriving in this country today.
"Waaaaaaah waaaaaah waaaaaah" -xxxrayted aka Outvoted
ArtFilmRay

Canton, OH

#17861 Mar 14, 2013
In a democracy, I might add.
who cares

United States

#17862 Mar 14, 2013
It's Ohio

Since: Aug 12

United States

#17866 Mar 14, 2013
ArtFilmRay wrote:
In a democracy, I might add.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule. We live in a republic... retard.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17867 Mar 14, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Republic is a very broad term, retard. What kind of republic do we live in?
kathy

United States

#17868 Mar 14, 2013
Does it matter
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17869 Mar 14, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Republic is a very broad term, retard. What kind of republic do we live in?
A Federal Republic.
And IF schools taught that & explained it, more people would be voting responsibly. More politicians would quit bending or breaking The Constitution or violating the Bill of Rights because the educated voters would be 'calling' them on it.
We wouldn't now have warrantless searches, eavesdropping, surveillance, WE would not have Nobama Care pending, there may even have been a couple of impeachment proceedings that would have influenced other 'representatives' of any & ALL parties to stay inside of the Constitutional law or the Bill of Rights.
I am not as quick on the keypad or as long of word as Loren so I'll finish with those limitations even tho I have additional thoughts.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17870 Mar 14, 2013
It is often said that we have a Constitutional Republic. which is also correct.
Like you said...broad terms.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17871 Mar 14, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>A Federal Republic.
And IF schools taught that & explained it, more people would be voting responsibly. More politicians would quit bending or breaking The Constitution or violating the Bill of Rights because the educated voters would be 'calling' them on it.
We wouldn't now have warrantless searches, eavesdropping, surveillance, WE would not have Nobama Care pending, there may even have been a couple of impeachment proceedings that would have influenced other 'representatives' of any & ALL parties to stay inside of the Constitutional law or the Bill of Rights.
I am not as quick on the keypad or as long of word as Loren so I'll finish with those limitations even tho I have additional thoughts.
All of that from just teaching children that we live in a Federal Republic. Wow. It's like magic.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17873 Mar 14, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
your right

http://americanbuilt.us/governments/democracy...
f___ Obama

Columbus, OH

#17874 Mar 14, 2013
f*** Obama
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17875 Mar 14, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
All of that from just teaching children that we live in a Federal Republic. Wow. It's like magic.
Hey Che! Haven't seen you for awhile, are you doing OK?
My point is not about a Federal Republic, it is about education & information. Filling & Opening minds with objective facts, NOT subjective opinions. Of NOT omitting anything as important as U.S. history, U.S. government & the Constitution & Bill of Rights. After all, WE live in the U.S. of A. so it's founding & goals should be taught & explained.
Of course there is also economics, sciences, personal responsibility etc.
Then yes,'magic' as you put it, could happen.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17876 Mar 15, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Che! Haven't seen you for awhile, are you doing OK?
My point is not about a Federal Republic, it is about education & information. Filling & Opening minds with objective facts, NOT subjective opinions. Of NOT omitting anything as important as U.S. history, U.S. government & the Constitution & Bill of Rights. After all, WE live in the U.S. of A. so it's founding & goals should be taught & explained.
All those things are taught in school.
PopsTheRepublica n

Canton, OH

#17877 Mar 15, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Che! Haven't seen you for awhile, are you doing OK?
Right. Don't teach "subjective opinions" in public schools. You know...like Creationism.
peebee enjay

Hillsborough, NJ

#17878 Mar 15, 2013
kijune wrote:
An urban legend maintains that Nabors married Rock Hudson in the 1970s. In fact, the two were never more than friends. According to Hudson, the legend originated with a group of "middle-aged homosexuals who live in Huntington Beach" who sent out joke invitations for their annual get-together. One year, the group invited its members to witness "the marriage of Rock Hudson and Jim Nabors," at which Hudson would take the surname of Nabors' most famous character, Gomer Pyle, becoming "Rock Pyle." Those who failed to get the joke spread the rumor. Mike Holzheimer is NOT gay. William Dudley Stewart Boiled Horse Urine Pale Ale. At the time Nabors was dating his boyfriend, Stan, whom he eventually married; Hudson was also gay but closeted, and because of the fear that one or both of them might be outed, Nabors and Hudson never spoke to each other again.[52]
not Kucinich

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#17885 Mar 15, 2013
I googled a portion of this, interested to see where it came from. While I didn't find that out, I did find that the person who posted it here seems to be posting the same content nonstop over nearly every Ohio town topix!

Dedication.
vote for me

Parrish, FL

#17886 Mar 15, 2013
vote for me i'm the devil i will cahnge everything
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17887 Mar 15, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Global Warming or after learning how to put the condom on the banana?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17888 Mar 15, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the school district.
I am told by nieces & nephews that is is not so much any longer. And they say that when the history topics are covered that it is quickly/superficially.
Maybe a couple of them could be 'sleeping' in class, but they are my source of info.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Reason For The Racial Divide In The U.S. 2 hr xxxrayted 6
Protect And Serve... 4 hr Mapleman 14
cuyahoga amateur radio society sucks 6 hr Mike 10
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) 6 hr PRIVATE 1,006
Ferguson Topix Posts 7 hr Maple Resident 42
I don't get this one... 7 hr Mapleman 9
The question of changing term limits for Indepe... 9 hr pooper 1
•••
•••
•••