Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Garfield Heights Forum

Comments (Page 796)

Showing posts 15,901 - 15,920 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Modern Liberals & conservatives in both the Republican & Democratic parties have had their foot on the pedal to the metal on the highway to hell but just have a different direction the want to go and they are both heading to hell and the so called Modern Liberals & Conservatives that came to age in the 1960's have the thinking or work ethic like the Generation before them.
I meant to say that the Modern Liberals & Conservatives that came to age in the 1960's dont have the thinking or work ethic like the Generation before them.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
Indy, the modern liberals have their foot on the pedal to the metal on the highway to hell and the conservatives, so called, are trying to do their best to slow it down to a slow glide death spiral. Why are you throwing in with the feet on the pedal to the metal?
Is that what they were doing when they borrowed money to pay for two wars?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
House rejected Obammy's deal
The cliff is the solution....tax hikes; and massive spending cuts.
posted at 4:35 by AP.
This Thursday a new Congress is seated; and will send only plan B for the Presidents signature.
Obammy already refused it.
so the cliff it is.
Hey. What is going on at FoxNews? They are reporting that the House passed that bill last night. But that can't be right, can it?
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
let me do this slow, so even your mentally handicapped mind can grasp it.
the ball was put into play months ago being proactive.
5 years ago I was an Employee; and also 10 years ago.
2010 I walked away from a 6 figure sales management position to form my own gig.
Since 2010 my income has more than doubled.
2013 my income will almost double 2012 because of a new negotiated commission rate.
so as you are checking spelling mistakes, or attempting to invalidate anything someone says that is not a dirtbag liberal like yourself.....I will be building a home on a Caribbean Island that I will live in whenever I want to; and pay cash for it. A 1750 square foot vacation home where it is 80 degrees every single day.
PS: I already have a boat there. My new boat here in the USA is worth more than an entire block of Exchange Street in Akron. Paid cash at a foreclosure sale for it.
what is impossible to keep straight...is your reading comprehension.
is it a genetic problem for you, or are you just plum dumb.
so my ignorance that has provided 5 college educations with no debt, 3 homes; 6 cars, 2 boats; and a retirement savings that already pays in interest double the national average workers income. Selling the 2 USA homes will add 800K to the savings account.
how stupid am I.....I should have listened to you....I could be on govt assistance like you.
such a fool I am to go at it all by myself.
Yet you still haven't earned enough to convince anyone on here that you are anything more than a stammering clown, dancing like a scarecrow for the amusement of the forum. Now go ask your parents for another success story you can share with us. One would think you would have alot of things better to do than to brag about your over compensations to a bunch of people who you will never meet and who have read enough of your tinfoil hat boy posts to never be impressed. Considering how much of your great "wealth" was aquired during the Obama administration, according to you, and you voted directly against the Obama administration, I'd have to say you are as dumb as they get.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Barack Obama made Bubba a rich man. That's funny.

woof
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
All of that for telling you that black people use tanning beds. Wow.
Thanx for proving my point about how much you wander off of posts. You sre often illogical.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I would ask whether he's feeling charitable.
woof
Pretty funny. I'll see if I can find a shrink that sells gift cards!:>P
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Thanx for proving my point about how much you wander off of posts. You sre often illogical.
Ok,Pops. I guess I am a glutton for punishment. But here goes. You posted that the tax on tanning beds was racist. I provided you with information that I hoped would educate you that tanning bed use has nothing to do with race. You then lecture me about not staying on point.

Please explain how that was off point or illogical.

Since: Aug 12

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

– Facebook. The social networking giant’s founder, Mark Zuckerberg, told Obama in 2011 at a town hall forum that he was “cool” with paying higher taxes. But neither Zuckerberg nor his many Facebook execs are actually down with following through. Co-founder Eduardo Saverin renounced his American citizenship in a blindingly obvious bid to evade nearly $70 million in taxes. In addition, Zuckerberg and a half-dozen Facebook insiders are all skirting hefty estate and gift taxes on their family Facebook shares held in annuity trusts. According to Bloomberg News, the legal maneuver is called a “grantor-retained annuity trust, or GRAT,” and the total Facebook tax avoidance sum adds up to at least $200 million. A “cool”$200 million, that is.
– George Lucas. The billionaire Star Wars director called Obama a “hero” and parroted his candidate’s capitalism-bashing rhetoric in a January 2012 interview with PBS dinosaur Charlie Rose.“I do not believe that the rich should be able to buy the government,” Lucas lectured. He does, however, believe in shirking higher taxes the one-percenter way. In October, Lucas sold his film company to Disney for a whopping $4 billion in cash and stock to evade anticipated capital gains tax increases and Obamacare Medicare surtaxes on investment income.
– Andre “Dr. Dre” Young. Forbes magazine named this California gangsta rapper-turned-music industry mogul the highest-paid musician in the world in 2012. He raked in an estimated $100 million, mostly from sales of his Beats headphone company, along with concert revenue. Dre’s music electronics company was co-founded with Jimmy Iovine, who also founded Dre’s parent record label, Interscope Records. Interscope was funded by “progressive” billionaire Ted Field, heir to the Marshall Field retail empire and one of the nation’s biggest Democratic Party donors.
Dre boosted the careers of prominent Obama hip-hop cheerleaders Eminem and 50 Cent. But overseas, he’s rolling like a Romney supporter. The rap mogul is now using a County Cork, Ireland, tax haven to protect his global headphones empire subsidiaries and avoid high U.S. corporate tax rates. The Irish Examiner newspaper explained that the elaborate structuring “allows for money to be (channeled) between the separate companies in the form of royalty payments or (license) fees to artificially but legitimately reduce profits as a means of reducing tax liabilities.”
To paraphrase Dre and his Obama-endorsing rap partner Snoop Dogg: Ain’t nuthin’ but an E thang. ELITISM - EXEMPTIONS - EVASION......
http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/02/malkin-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Al Jazeera Buys Al Gore’s Current TV

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-03/al-j...
Gallia County Treasurer

Gallipolis, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Gallia county Ohio has the best treasurer he is so sly
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
– Facebook. The social networking giant’s founder, Mark Zuckerberg, told Obama in 2011 at a town hall forum that he was “cool” with paying higher taxes. But neither Zuckerberg nor his many Facebook execs are actually down with following through. Co-founder Eduardo Saverin renounced his American citizenship in a blindingly obvious bid to evade nearly $70 million in taxes. In addition, Zuckerberg and a half-dozen Facebook insiders are all skirting hefty estate and gift taxes on their family Facebook shares held in annuity trusts. According to Bloomberg News, the legal maneuver is called a “grantor-retained annuity trust, or GRAT,” and the total Facebook tax avoidance sum adds up to at least $200 million. A “cool”$200 million, that is.
– George Lucas. The billionaire Star Wars director called Obama a “hero” and parroted his candidate’s capitalism-bashing rhetoric in a January 2012 interview with PBS dinosaur Charlie Rose.“I do not believe that the rich should be able to buy the government,” Lucas lectured. He does, however, believe in shirking higher taxes the one-percenter way. In October, Lucas sold his film company to Disney for a whopping $4 billion in cash and stock to evade anticipated capital gains tax increases and Obamacare Medicare surtaxes on investment income.
– Andre “Dr. Dre” Young. Forbes magazine named this California gangsta rapper-turned-music industry mogul the highest-paid musician in the world in 2012. He raked in an estimated $100 million, mostly from sales of his Beats headphone company, along with concert revenue. Dre’s music electronics company was co-founded with Jimmy Iovine, who also founded Dre’s parent record label, Interscope Records. Interscope was funded by “progressive” billionaire Ted Field, heir to the Marshall Field retail empire and one of the nation’s biggest Democratic Party donors.
Dre boosted the careers of prominent Obama hip-hop cheerleaders Eminem and 50 Cent. But overseas, he’s rolling like a Romney supporter. The rap mogul is now using a County Cork, Ireland, tax haven to protect his global headphones empire subsidiaries and avoid high U.S. corporate tax rates. The Irish Examiner newspaper explained that the elaborate structuring “allows for money to be (channeled) between the separate companies in the form of royalty payments or (license) fees to artificially but legitimately reduce profits as a means of reducing tax liabilities.”
To paraphrase Dre and his Obama-endorsing rap partner Snoop Dogg: Ain’t nuthin’ but an E thang. ELITISM - EXEMPTIONS - EVASION......
http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/02/malkin-...
You're right. This is exactly why taxing the rich will NOT improve revenue. The very wealthy have many many ways to protect their wealth. History & currently France where the rich are running away are living examples.
Then there's the false belief raising taxes on large corps is a 'tax break' for the working stiff, when ANY expense that a company has is passed on to their end consumer or they would be out of business.
GE jet engine cost go up, air fares go up. Tax oil companies more, plastics, fuel & ALL shipping cost go up, duh!A lot of voters & Obama seem to choose to ignore those facts.
Tax revenue is needed of course but it needs to be tempered with logic. Spending cuts/control & improved employment are the only good ways to create revenue for government programs.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You're right. This is exactly why taxing the rich will NOT improve revenue. The very wealthy have many many ways to protect their wealth. History & currently France where the rich are running away are living examples.
Then there's the false belief raising taxes on large corps is a 'tax break' for the working stiff, when ANY expense that a company has is passed on to their end consumer or they would be out of business.
GE jet engine cost go up, air fares go up. Tax oil companies more, plastics, fuel & ALL shipping cost go up, duh!A lot of voters & Obama seem to choose to ignore those facts.
Tax revenue is needed of course but it needs to be tempered with logic. Spending cuts/control & improved employment are the only good ways to create revenue for government programs.
You can never explain that to a Democrat. They hold the palms of their hands to their ears and sing aloud.

Liberals don't believe in trickle-down. I don't mean trickle-down economics, I mean trickle down taxation. The big guy never pays. He passes the buck to all us little guys, but it's the little guys who support more taxation on the big guys. Economic ignorance. When the big guy can no longer pass the buck, he moves taking his corporation with him and everybody loses.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/business-cli...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You can never explain that to a Democrat. They hold the palms of their hands to their ears and sing aloud.
Liberals don't believe in trickle-down. I don't mean trickle-down economics, I mean trickle down taxation. The big guy never pays. He passes the buck to all us little guys, but it's the little guys who support more taxation on the big guys. Economic ignorance. When the big guy can no longer pass the buck, he moves taking his corporation with him and everybody loses.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/business-cli...
Bruce Bartlett on Where the Right Went Wrong

February 10, 2012

In this Moyers & Company segment, Bill Moyers talks with conservative economist Bruce Bartlett, who wrote “the bible” for the Reagan Revolution, worked on domestic policy for the Reagan White House, and served as a top treasury official under the first President Bush. Now he’s a heretic in the conservative circles where he once was a star.

Bartlett argues that right-wing tax policies — pushed in part by Grover Norquist and Tea Party activists — are destroying the country’s economic foundation. When he called George W. Bush out as “a pretend conservative” in his book Impostor: Why George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy, Bartlett was fired from his position as a senior fellow at a conservative think tank. His new book is The Benefit and the Burden: Tax Reform — Why We Need It and What It Will Take.

http://billmoyers.com/segment/bruce-bartlett-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

The New American Economy

The Failure of Reaganomics and a New Way Forward

Bruce Bartlett

As a domestic policy advisor to Ronald Reagan, Bruce Bartlett was one of the originators of Reaganomics, the supply-side economic theory that conservatives have clung to for decades. InThe New American Economy, Bartlett goes back to the economic roots that made Impostor a bestseller and abandons the conservative dogma in favor of a policy strongly based on what’s worked in the past. Marshalling compelling history and economics, he explains how economic theories that may be perfectly valid at one moment in time under one set of circumstances tend to lose validity over time because they are misapplied under different circumstances. Bartlett makes a compelling, historically-based case for large tax increases, once anathema to him and his economic allies. In The New American Economy, Bartlett seeks to clarify a compelling and way forward for the American economy.

http://us.macmillan.com/thenewamericaneconomy...

Supply-side economics

Today, supply-side economics is likened by agreeable critics to "trickle-down economics". Supply-side economics is often used and referred to as overall term for "trickle-down economics" as it is not targeting specific tax cuts but is instead targeting general tax cuts and encouraging deregulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply-side_econ...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok,Pops. I guess I am a glutton for punishment. But here goes. You posted that the tax on tanning beds was racist. I provided you with information that I hoped would educate you that tanning bed use has nothing to do with race. You then lecture me about not staying on point.
Please explain how that was off point or illogical.
Can't explain that, can you Pops?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

EXCELLENT link. Explains a lot very simply. So why do WE NOT hear more about this from more voices, louder voices?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't explain that, can you Pops?
Not that you would ever understand or accept which is one of the points that I posted.
WHY do I say that? Because I have already posted the answer to your question a number of times but it clearly still escapes you. Others have said so too in the last many pages. The diff between them & I is that the others often insult & berate & I try not to do that...although sometimes I reach my limit too. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Bruce Bartlett on Where the Right Went Wrong

Bill Moyers talks with conservative economist Bruce Bartlett, who wrote "the bible" for the Reagan Revolution, worked on domestic policy for the Reagan White House, and served as a top treasury official under the first President Bush. Now he's a heretic in the conservative circles where he once was a star. Bartlett argues that right-wing tax policies -- pushed in part by Grover Norquist and Tea Party activists -- are destroying the country's economic foundation.

http://vimeo.com/36529531
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Not that you would ever understand or accept which is one of the points that I posted.
WHY do I say that? Because I have already posted the answer to your question a number of times but it clearly still escapes you. Others have said so too in the last many pages. The diff between them & I is that the others often insult & berate & I try not to do that...although sometimes I reach my limit too. lol
What?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,901 - 15,920 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Garfield Heights Discussions

Search the Garfield Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Down Town Thuglets 2 hr Sterkfontein Swartkrans 3
Another Gas Station Murder in Maple Hts Wed Maple Resident 31
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Tue worm 168
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Tue squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 14 Repub 187
If I'd only known..... Apr 13 Abe Lincoln 2
Former Bedford Law Director collected more than... Apr 9 Yes 6
•••
•••