Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Because no American thinks of England when powdered wigs are mentioned. They think of the founders.
<quoted text>
Waaahhh, little Canton got caught lying, so he's gonna throw a temper tantrum and go home.
So now you claim to know what EVERY American thinks. Your lonely little world sure is delusional.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

George Z wrote:
I'm an older guy and I have been both a registered democrat and republican. I also remember when you could have a debate with others that you disagreed with in a gentlemanly fashion face to face.
I've also been both a registered Republican and Democrat at different times. And, I too remember having intelligent conversations about policy differences with members of both parties.
George Z wrote:
Not so much anymore. Thanks to the internet and these vicious keyboard warriors it has spawned!
I trace it back to the rise of Rush Limbaugh. He pioneered the idea of demonizing the "liberals" and blaming all our problems on them. He also offered simple-minded, often juvenile arguments and insults, which appealed to his less-educated audience. It makes me long for the days of politicians like Bob Dole: smart, wickedly funny, conservative to the bone, and yet able to work across the aisle.
George Z wrote:
You have about have to enter any conversation with equal viciousness.
I think that's a terrible mistake. I don't hate these people, I pity them, and feel like they are being exploited. I try to educate them when I can.
George Z wrote:
Watching any diet of only one view will do this to you. Look at those that follow Ed or Chris blindly on a daily basis!
I completely agree. They are all pretty bad. I remember when CNN first arrived, thinking that a 24 hour news channel would be able to go into depth on complicated issues, and that they might eventually rival print media for telling the whole story. Instead, they went down the opinion and personality road (because it was cheaper than real reporting.)
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

I'm guessing that George Z stands for George Zimmerman, so the guy who is crying about people being civil, bases his screen name off of what is really just a jab at Liberals. It would be the same as if I named myself TeaBaggersSuck and then cried about how we all can't just get along.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

half-breed wrote:
I've had some experiences with that. I used to post on forums under my real name...
xxxrayted wrote:
That would be the worst thing you can do on the internet.
I'm in total agreement with you, xxxrayted. I see a lot of craziness and anger on these forums. Maybe it's all an act, but I would bet my life on it. And what's the value of using your real name?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an entire folder of stories just like that, but no amount of stories will ever convince anybody on the left Voter-ID is needed in this country. They've been brainwashed to believe it's some sort of racial conspiracy.
The problem was that this voter ID effort seemed to be a very partisan act from the beginning. And comments like this didn't help to reassure us:

"House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R-Allegheny) suggested that the House’s end game in passing the Voter ID law was to benefit the GOP politically.

“We are focused on making sure that we meet our obligations that we’ve talked about for years,” said Turzai in a speech to committee members Saturday. He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature.

“Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation – abortion facility regulations – in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.”

http://www.politicspa.com/turzai-voter-id-law...
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
your answer....they earn more than minimum wage and are rich.
Rich was defined by Obama as earning more than 250K.
Someone earning 80K is rich to the flock of discontent sheep.
Problem is the sheep are the sheep's problem. The sheep think they are all CEO's and being screwed by the Koch brothers.
PS: Koch brothers like 6 figure salaried employees because they are making him money or would not have the job. And that makes them evil productive rich employees to the matted hair flock of sheep.
Did Lyin' Limbaugh tell you to say that, or was some other corpse f**king corporate lapdog?
Either way, tell them they're VOID. LOL
ha ha

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

b_town_bob wrote:
I'm a Democrat
And you're PROUD?! What has this family. Invite him to the holy roller church. You just he YOU. Although you do have a pont, I wanna have my husbands, I can't deal with this .
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
But when the laws are that all people be treated the same, somehow that's unfair to Democrats???
The laws were the same for everyone before the push for voter ID. Somehow that was unfair to Republicans?
xxxrayted wrote:
Only liberals could fine inequity in everybody living by the same rules.

The liberals weren't the ones changing the rules.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
That would be the worst thing you can do on the internet. The world is loaded with too many kooks to do that. I often question the sanity of people that ride around with political bumper stickers on their vehicles. I think to myself "WTF are they doing, looking to get their vehicle damaged?"
I understand that thinking; but I don't like to live in intimidation. I put bumper stickers on my car, and political signs in my yard. I realize that ever time I do that, I'm opening myself up to vandalism, but the alternative is to remain silent while the bullies go around loudly proclaiming their horseshit. I can't do that.

Although the context of the following quote was different than how I'm applying it here, I believe the meaning is universal: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
Only liberals could fine inequity in everybody living by the same rules.
haha, inequality to democrats means exactly that: everyone has to live by the same rules.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that a jab at liberals? George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat.
Sure, I'll play your "let's pretend we are dumb game", although Half Breed about wore the game out on the whole Tea Bagger/Powdered Wig episodes. If George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat, then why do you suppose the Conservatives celebrate him? Something about a gun and an unarmed black kid. Just can't quite put my finger on it. And that is how we both play "Let's pretend we are dumb".
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're PROUD?! What has this family. Invite him to the holy roller church. You just he YOU. Although you do have a pont, I wanna have my husbands, I can't deal with this .
A collection of words forms a sentence. The number eleven never wanted. Who has time for popcorn? JEFF doesn't he was were the YOU!!!
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
I'm in total agreement with you, xxxrayted. I see a lot of craziness and anger on these forums. Maybe it's all an act, but I would bet my life on it. And what's the value of using your real name?
I prefer to live my life in a straight-forward manner -- not hiding behind a pseudonym. But, people can't just have a rambunctious debate anymore, then call it a day. It becomes personal, and they're out for revenge. Crazy.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, inequality to democrats means exactly that: everyone has to live by the same rules.
...he cried as he attempted to force his religious beliefs into the public school system. Then he stood up on a box and exclaimed to all that he was smarter than climate science experts with multiple degrees. He was smarter than every person on the Supreme Court. He was smarter than evolutionary science experts. He then shouted that he had the answers to the origin of existence and the knowledge of what happens to everyone after they die. It was then, he revealed that he was made in the image of a god! You know...equality.

Followed by him returning to posting lies on a forum, agreeing with his own posts to make him self seem "right", and having to have common terms explained to him as if he were a retarded chimp.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Sure, I'll play your "let's pretend we are dumb game", although Half Breed about wore the game out on the whole Tea Bagger/Powdered Wig episodes. If George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat, then why do you suppose the Conservatives celebrate him? Something about a gun and an unarmed black kid. Just can't quite put my finger on it. And that is how we both play "Let's pretend we are dumb".
Conservatives don't celebrate Zimmerman. They just recognized what was going on. The liberal race baiters -- and that includes Obama -- exploit every opportunity they can to pit one race of people against the other. Martin was a delinquent ... not the cute, little, 12-year-old boy that the media kept trying to portray him as.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to live my life in a straight-forward manner -- not hiding behind a pseudonym. But, people can't just have a rambunctious debate anymore, then call it a day. It becomes personal, and they're out for revenge. Crazy.
No, crazy would be someone stupid enough to use their real name on an online forum. Hey Grandma, you just won a free Ipad. Click HERE to receive your prize!!!
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Grand Wizard Pops, just to refresh your memory, here's a good example of a "patriotic, totally NOT racist" post.
I guess you batshitcrazy rightwingers only notice racism when it fits into your obstructionist agenda...
"justsaying" is not showing them self as a racist...just an hostile idiot.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives don't celebrate Zimmerman. They just recognized what was going on. The liberal race baiters -- and that includes Obama -- exploit every opportunity they can to pit one race of people against the other. Martin was a delinquent ... not the cute, little, 12-year-old boy that the media kept trying to portray him as.
You never responded on the FauxBox reported dead voter scandal in Detroit. You know,where they forgot some facts.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Canton wrote:
No, crazy would be someone stupid enough to use their real name on an online forum. Hey Grandma, you just won a free Ipad. Click HERE to receive your prize!!!
It was in the early years of the internet, and the group was small ... a lot of people knew each other on the site. Everything was good for a long time, but as the internet became more popular, the group started to change.

Nothing is the same anymore ... I grew up in a time and place where we never locked our doors. Now I lock my doors as soon as I shut them, whether I'm in or out.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

woo-boy wrote:
You never responded on the FauxBox reported dead voter scandal in Detroit. You know,where they forgot some facts.
What, specifically, are you referring to? The Fox News article said that the authorities are trying to get dental records to positively identify the body. It sounds like it's just a formality, though. Everyone is assuming it was Pia Farrenkopf.

If it's not her, then there's still the mystery of where she is. And also, why is there a dead body in her car, on her property. And how did she vote in 2010?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Garfield Heights Discussions

Search the Garfield Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 12 hr Ant 2,222
cuyahoga amateur radio society sucks 20 hr WB8N 7
What happened today (07/24) Mon xxxrayted 9
The Missing Link? Jul 27 Researcher 1
Missing Man: Maple Heights Man Missing After Ba... (Jul '10) Jul 25 Tee23 37
You Feel Safe Hiring A Black Now? Jul 24 xxxrayted 26
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
•••
•••
•••
•••

Garfield Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Garfield Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••