Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#1 Sep 11, 2013
The events 12 years ago still burn a hole in my heart but I still have heart enough to give out to the people who died in the tragic Twin Tower, Pennsylvania and Pentagon attacks.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#2 Sep 11, 2013
And no better way to do that than support a President who wants to give military aid to the people responsible for those deaths?

I simply don't recognize my country anymore.:-(
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#3 Sep 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
And no better way to do that than support a President who wants to give military aid to the people responsible for those deaths?
I simply don't recognize my country anymore.:-(
Yeah, go figure this guy. When he makes a decision like sell arms to our enemies, where is his thinking? Does he think this will make it a better world or is his agenda to hurt the American people? It seems like everything he's for will screw us over, like that Obama Care. If someone has a low income, how can the person afford medical then? And then, to be forced into getting it, isn't that a little like communism? "Do what we say or pay fine! Still no pay? Then go to jail!" And are all the knuckle-heads he has working for him feel the same about his policies? And what about all these muslims moving here? Am I the only one in the country that sees that if they keep multiplying, then this country will then be ruled buy them? It's like you say about the sour milk, xxx,'you have some good milk and then pour a little sour milk in it, then you have a whole glass of sour milk! And the head of the sour milk is Obama.
mapleman

Singapore, Singapore

#4 Sep 13, 2013
I remember all of the idiots saying "why do they hate us?" Pick up a book and you'll find out why. Oil. Obama or Bush....Bush or Obama...still the same foreign policy. The same foreign policy that has been in place since oil was discovered in the middle east. Imagine if someone carved up your lands and told you how to live.

That said, screw the Arabs, Persians, and everyone else in our way of easy living. I don't care if they are bombed to the stone age. But we shouldn't act as if those people don't have a legit beef. They do. They have had one since the League of Nations.

New laws weren't needed after 9/11. The Patriot Act wasn't needed. But idiot Americans fell for it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#5 Sep 13, 2013
mapleman wrote:
I remember all of the idiots saying "why do they hate us?" Pick up a book and you'll find out why. Oil. Obama or Bush....Bush or Obama...still the same foreign policy. The same foreign policy that has been in place since oil was discovered in the middle east. Imagine if someone carved up your lands and told you how to live.
That said, screw the Arabs, Persians, and everyone else in our way of easy living. I don't care if they are bombed to the stone age. But we shouldn't act as if those people don't have a legit beef. They do. They have had one since the League of Nations.
New laws weren't needed after 9/11. The Patriot Act wasn't needed. But idiot Americans fell for it.
For one, the entire country is dependent on oil including you. Even if you took a bicycle everywhere you went, the tires on that bicycle are made of oil and so is the asphalt road you peddle down. Same holds true if you took a bus or cab. Let's say you went nowhere and just stayed home. How do you think you stay dry? With those shingles on your roof that are made of oil.

The thing is, when Republicans are in charge and we have more access to our own oil, the environmentalists complain. When their people get into power (the Democrats) and restrict oil, we have to get it from somewhere else. If we restrict our own oil and don't get it from somewhere else, the price hits the roof and then everybody is complaining plus the devastation of our economy.

The US makes deals with those desert dwellers. We don't invade countries and take their oil. They freely sell it to oil companies that benefit us. Their leaders get rich, and we get oil. That's how deals are made.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#6 Sep 13, 2013
Maple Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, go figure this guy. When he makes a decision like sell arms to our enemies, where is his thinking? Does he think this will make it a better world or is his agenda to hurt the American people? It seems like everything he's for will screw us over, like that Obama Care. If someone has a low income, how can the person afford medical then? And then, to be forced into getting it, isn't that a little like communism? "Do what we say or pay fine! Still no pay? Then go to jail!" And are all the knuckle-heads he has working for him feel the same about his policies? And what about all these muslims moving here? Am I the only one in the country that sees that if they keep multiplying, then this country will then be ruled buy them? It's like you say about the sour milk, xxx,'you have some good milk and then pour a little sour milk in it, then you have a whole glass of sour milk! And the head of the sour milk is Obama.
I believe DumBama is a Communist as I do many Democrat politicians.

The US Communist party supported DumBama during both of his elections, and more recently, praised him in their Communist newsletter about his attempted gun grab.

Years ago a guy like that would have been ran out of town on a rail. Today, people are so ignorant of policies and politics that they even reelect the guy in spite of his miserably failed first term.

Communists are consumed with controlling people. It's what they do. One of DumBama's first objectives after invading the White House was to increase the price of cigarettes. Why? He smokes himself! Because he wanted to control people to cut down or stop smoking. Then he attacked the American Indians and stopped them from selling cigarettes by mail. Then he closed down all those roll-you-own cigarette shops all across the country. This is what Communists do.

So when we take a real good look at Commie Care, it has nothing to do with how many people do or don't have healthcare. It's not about giving everybody access to anything. It's about control.

Our healthcare industry is one-sixth of our entire economy, and with one swipe of an ink pen, the private sector lost that one-sixth. It now belongs to government because the way this plot is designed, eventually, everybody will have to rely on government for their healthcare. When that happens, the government can dictate what you eat, how much exercise you get, how much weight you are allowed to be, what or if you smoke anything, what kind of medications you will be allowed to take.

Nearly everything you do in life can be related to your healthcare. When government finally has total control over your healthcare, they will have total control over all of us because insurance companies will be forced to fold up just like those cigarette shops.
mapleman

Singapore, Singapore

#7 Sep 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
For one, the entire country is dependent on oil including you. Even if you took a bicycle everywhere you went, the tires on that bicycle are made of oil and so is the asphalt road you peddle down. Same holds true if you took a bus or cab. Let's say you went nowhere and just stayed home. How do you think you stay dry? With those shingles on your roof that are made of oil.
The thing is, when Republicans are in charge and we have more access to our own oil, the environmentalists complain. When their people get into power (the Democrats) and restrict oil, we have to get it from somewhere else. If we restrict our own oil and don't get it from somewhere else, the price hits the roof and then everybody is complaining plus the devastation of our economy.
The US makes deals with those desert dwellers. We don't invade countries and take their oil. They freely sell it to oil companies that benefit us. Their leaders get rich, and we get oil. That's how deals are made.
Did you skip the part where I talked about our easy living??

Those countries don't freely do a d@mn thing and haven't since start of the 20th century. Why can't some of you people admit it? I admit it. I admit we screw them over. I also admit I don't care. Why do some of you act like they have a choice? They only choose which outside power they side with to prevent invasion from another outside power.

And stop with the party politics. The elite aren't going to give up mid-east oil with emerging markets on deck. The elite run the politicians. You could open up all U.S. drilling and the shot callers aren't giving up mid-east oil. They want it all. Prices wouldn't go down either. They would just hold back to maintain profits.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#8 Sep 13, 2013
Yeah, those countries all hate us alright. But they love our money. Funny how they feel the way we live is wrong but yet their oil barons live the same way, in mansions and drive expensive, chauffeur driven cars, swimming pools, a bevy of women, and their own private jets. And that's all paid for by us Americans buying their fuel oil. It would be pretty funny if we'd just dig up our own oil here and then tell them to shove their oil. But Obama doesn't seem to want to put people here to work drilling and tap our own resources.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#9 Sep 13, 2013
mapleman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you skip the part where I talked about our easy living??
Those countries don't freely do a d@mn thing and haven't since start of the 20th century. Why can't some of you people admit it? I admit it. I admit we screw them over. I also admit I don't care. Why do some of you act like they have a choice? They only choose which outside power they side with to prevent invasion from another outside power.
And stop with the party politics. The elite aren't going to give up mid-east oil with emerging markets on deck. The elite run the politicians. You could open up all U.S. drilling and the shot callers aren't giving up mid-east oil. They want it all. Prices wouldn't go down either. They would just hold back to maintain profits.
The Top 10 countries that provide oil to US by the Energy Information Administration are:

1.) Canada 1.840 million barrels per day

2.) Saudi 1.579 million barrels per day

3.) Mexico 1.116 million barrels per day

4.) Venezuela 1.030 million barrels per day

5.) Nigeria .0851 million barrels per day
6.) Iraq 0.583 million barrels per day
7.) Angola 0.464million barrels per day
8.) Algeria 0.440million barrels per day
9.) Brazil 0.318million barrels per day
10.) Kuwait 0.263 million barrels per day

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_countries_exp...

Now, with the exception of Iraq, how many other oil countries have we been at war with?

Where is that Egyptian oil?
Where is that Syrian oil?
Where is that Libyan oil?
Where is that Afghanistan oil?
Where is that Iranian oil?

For many years while in Iraq, the left made claims we were only there for oil. And yet, even today, Iraq is only number 6 in oil imports in the US. The same claim under GHB. And we see that Kuwait is only our 10th supplier of oil.

Is Mexico, Canada and Saudi threatened from some other outside power other than the US?
mapleman

Singapore, Singapore

#10 Sep 14, 2013
The middle east is all about oil. The outside world wouldn't care about the area if it weren't for the oil. The U.S. wants to keep a presence there to protect that Saudi oil flow. Western corporations also make a fortune when wars happen.

Operation Iraqi Freedom. What naive fools believe that? The U.S. is an empire.

People who don't know the history of the area shouldn't argue about why the west is in the middle east. It's been about oil for 100 years. Furthermore, emerging markets are going to need the oil. The west doesn't want middle-east countries being able to defend themselves.

If the middle east could defend itself from the west, how much would Americans be paying for gas? If gas goes up, so does everything else.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#11 Sep 14, 2013
mapleman wrote:
The middle east is all about oil. The outside world wouldn't care about the area if it weren't for the oil. The U.S. wants to keep a presence there to protect that Saudi oil flow. Western corporations also make a fortune when wars happen.
Operation Iraqi Freedom. What naive fools believe that? The U.S. is an empire.
People who don't know the history of the area shouldn't argue about why the west is in the middle east. It's been about oil for 100 years. Furthermore, emerging markets are going to need the oil. The west doesn't want middle-east countries being able to defend themselves.
If the middle east could defend itself from the west, how much would Americans be paying for gas? If gas goes up, so does everything else.
As the chart shows, with the exception of Saudi Arabia, where is this middle-east oil? We have plenty of people to buy oil from that are less of a hassle. In fact, it wasn't that long ago where our second imported oil came from Mexico.

Without a doubt, oil plays a part. But we cannot point the finger at anybody but ourselves. Fracking has greatly reduced our oil consumption not to mention much better for the environment. And who is complaining about fracking? The environmentalists. See what I mean?

Until we find a way to be either not reliant on energy or have a replacement that makes economical sense, we will always be in the middle-east. You can't blame the oil companies or the politicians either. Much like Wal-Mart, oil companies only give the consumer what they demand. The politicians have to cater to the environmentalist kooks.
mapleman

Singapore, Singapore

#12 Sep 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As the chart shows, with the exception of Saudi Arabia, where is this middle-east oil? We have plenty of people to buy oil from that are less of a hassle. In fact, it wasn't that long ago where our second imported oil came from Mexico.
Without a doubt, oil plays a part. But we cannot point the finger at anybody but ourselves. Fracking has greatly reduced our oil consumption not to mention much better for the environment. And who is complaining about fracking? The environmentalists. See what I mean?
Until we find a way to be either not reliant on energy or have a replacement that makes economical sense, we will always be in the middle-east. You can't blame the oil companies or the politicians either. Much like Wal-Mart, oil companies only give the consumer what they demand. The politicians have to cater to the environmentalist kooks.
Oil and money are the only reasons the west is in the middle east. The politicians try to sell us altruistic reasons such as freedom, but it's all about oil and money.

I admit we need oil. You admit it. The middle east has oil. We aren't on different sides of this issue. I'm not willing to give up cheap oil. What I hate is the "why do they hate us" types who won't admit they hate us for good reason. The west has been hassling these people ever since oil was discovered over there. And guess what? I'm all for it.

As you said, we have only ourselves to blame. Who here is willing to give up a cheap cost of living?

And those corporations aren't giving up the middle east oil. It isn't happening. Even if you allow them to drill in the U.S., they will still want to have the middle east oil. It's always more, more, more with corporations.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#13 Sep 15, 2013
And the middle easterners sure live good off of American money. They really built up some nice castles for themselves over there with oil money.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14 Sep 15, 2013
Maple Resident wrote:
And the middle easterners sure live good off of American money. They really built up some nice castles for themselves over there with oil money.
Exactly. Nobody is forcing any middle-east nation to sell oil to the US or anybody else. They are more than happy to sell it and we are more than happy to buy it. Now if the citizens of those countries have a problem, it's between them and their government--not between them and the United States.
mapleman

Singapore, Singapore

#15 Sep 15, 2013
Maple Resident wrote:
LOL You guys are unbelievable. The royal family gets the money in Saudi Arabia. The citizens are poor. They get nothing. Remember how the citizens of Iraq lived under a U.S.-backed Saddam? If citizens cause trouble, they are struck down by weapons that have "made in the USA" on them.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/07/17/2513...

A whopping 60 percent live below the poverty line while a few have all the oil wealth. If Saudi citizens rose up to overthrow the royals, what would the U.S. do? Would the U.S. just stand by? Heck no, the U.S. would get involved. See why they hate us?

Why be in denial? Just admit you are part of empire. I have no problem admitting it. People are screwed over so you can live well. When it comes to the middle east, think native Americans. Why do you think the west doesn't want any country in the middle east to have the ability to defend itself? Once a oil-producing country can defend itself against imperialism, then the game is over for your nice and cushy life. You'll be riding a bike everywhere you go. You don't want to know how much food will cost. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Noise Ordinance #2 (May '09) 1 hr Armene Ciha 43
W8GC Ebay, Testicle Support 5 hr WT8O 2
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Jun 30 Ecossais 121
News Feds Claim Biggest Heroin Bust in Ohio (Sep '10) Jun 27 Autumn 31
WB8N, PLEASE leave C.A.R.S. Radio Club Jun 26 CARS Member 2
W8GC Ebay, Ecstasy Pills. Jun 23 WB8N 2
WB8N, released from jail. Jun 22 Bob 2
More from around the web

Garfield Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Garfield Heights Mortgages