Westlake man stabbed his parents

Westlake man stabbed his parents

Posted in the Garfield Heights Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cantgiveup

Cleveland, OH

#1 Aug 19, 2014
People kill me thinking that suburban white folks do nothing wrong!!
"That wouldn't happen in my neighborhood" Well, think again!!

http://fox8.com/2014/08/19/westlake-man-accus...
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#2 Aug 19, 2014
I like how you try to defend black crime with one white crime. Watch the news and read the newspapers and you'll see that 90% of crimes are from blacks. I looked up molesters and rapists living in Maple Hts., there was around 30 of them and two were white. Yeah, white people create a lot of crimes too, don't they? If whites didn't do any crime at all why crime would be down at least 10%!
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#3 Aug 19, 2014
And..probably why he stabbed his parents was because they wouldn't let him play his x-box in his room in the basement after 10pm! hahaha!
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#4 Aug 19, 2014
Cantgiveup, you can't even compare white crime levels to black crime levels. I don't think anyone says white people don't do anything wrong. People just say the black community has a lot more crime in it. Our thugs are worse than white thugs and we have more of them.

And what do we do? We make excuses for crime(education, poverty, racism, and so forth) and/or get all excited when some white guy shoots up a movie theater or school because we can then point fingers. Meanwhile, we have shootings day in and day out in our communities.

And if it wasn't for black schools having the same level of security as courthouses, we'd lead in school shootings too.
Cantgiveup

Cleveland, OH

#5 Aug 19, 2014
I haven't defended anything!! I also think it's a shame what some people do. I can't do anything about that just like you can't. I just don't think that you realize that ALL people are capable of criminal activity.I get sick and tired of you guys always talking about how bad blacks are and never take into account that people in general have changed. It's mostly the younger generation that has these hate issues. Bad things go on everywhere and it's ridiculous that you are portraying me as your enemy when I'm not. My son is not a part of that crowd. As a matter of fact, he moved away to a different state when he went to college and didn't come back here to get killed in this foolery. I raised him to be respectable and that's what he is. He could live next door to you without incident just like me.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#6 Aug 19, 2014
Listen, as a parent of a black child you have to be concerned with the high level of criminality in the black community. I know I am. Even when we raise our children good, they still have a chance of being preyed on by scum.

White kid gets into a fight. It usually ends there. One of our kids gets into a fight, we have to worry about a gun being involved. In some cases, retaliation may happen days later.

Our kids can barely go to the club and dance without some thugs ruining the scene. White kids don't have that problem.

Bad things go on everywhere, but are more common in our community. Denying this doesn't help us. We must work for ways to solve the issue.

Instead, we seem to have a 'crime happens everywhere' mentality.
Cantgiveup

Cleveland, OH

#7 Aug 19, 2014
I'm concerned also, that's why I removed my black child from the inner city to get him away from danger. But you're wrong if you think that white kids don't fight the same way. I have a nephew that went to a prominent college with mostly whites. He was beat up by a gang of white college kids because he was smart. They taunted him on a regular basis and he tried to walk away from them. They beat him so bad that his parents removed him from the school. He didn't retaliate with guns or anything else because all black people don't act that way. There are many incidences of white kids doing the same, maybe not on a daily basis, but still the same. I'm not here to make comparisons either. My stance is only that I don't appreciate being grouped together with those that are one way because there are so many that are not that way. There's a lot of factors that contribute the way these kids are behaving today. It has started with parents not being allowed to discipline in the ways they used to. It has ended in a lack of respect for authority (parents, teachers, and the law). The education system has declined in a major way. I got an excellent education in the Cleveland Public Schools and was even an Honor student. We actually wanted to go to school back then, but now is different. Everything has changed....for the worst. Parents seem to be so busy working or whatever, that they are not available to raise their kids properly. I don't know what to do about somebody else' kids if the parents don't see a problem.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#8 Aug 19, 2014
You are speaking of isolated incidents. White kids rarely attack black kids these days. They never know if the kid has relatives that will come shoot the scene up and/or jump them.

And that's the problem. We -- as black people -- also never know when another black person will call some thugs up after an incident. That's how a lot of people end up shot. We are killing each other over verbal conflicts. Over stares.

You can also think about it this way. You can get a group of five black teens and place them in any white area in Ohio -- poor, rich, or otherwise -- at any time of day and they aren't likely to be physically attacked by the white citizens.(Sadly, the police are a different story.)

Now, take five white teens and place them on the east side of Maple Heights. Place them on Kinsman, Superior, or Harvard. Heck, place them in the wrong area of Cleveland Heights. You are likely to get some problems.

I'd say there is at least a 10 percent chance of the white teens being assaulted in broad daylight. At night, at least an 80 percent chance.(Sadly, a black teen walking in the wrong black neighborhood at night probably has at least a 50 percent chance of being attacked.)

Think I liked being grouped together with these animals that would attack people? Heck no. I hate the looks. I hate police busting u-turns on me when I go on a late-night shopping run or hit up the 24/hr gym. But until we control our dregs, we will be grouped in with them.

And guess what? It's up to us to control them, not make excuses for them. They are preying on us, ruining our image, and destroying our communities. Yet we always defend them.

Time for that to stop.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#9 Aug 19, 2014
Cantgiveup wrote:
I'm concerned also, that's why I removed my black child from the inner city to get him away from danger. But you're wrong if you think that white kids don't fight the same way. I have a nephew that went to a prominent college with mostly whites. He was beat up by a gang of white college kids because he was smart. They taunted him on a regular basis and he tried to walk away from them. They beat him so bad that his parents removed him from the school. He didn't retaliate with guns or anything else because all black people don't act that way. There are many incidences of white kids doing the same, maybe not on a daily basis, but still the same. I'm not here to make comparisons either. My stance is only that I don't appreciate being grouped together with those that are one way because there are so many that are not that way. There's a lot of factors that contribute the way these kids are behaving today. It has started with parents not being allowed to discipline in the ways they used to. It has ended in a lack of respect for authority (parents, teachers, and the law). The education system has declined in a major way. I got an excellent education in the Cleveland Public Schools and was even an Honor student. We actually wanted to go to school back then, but now is different. Everything has changed....for the worst. Parents seem to be so busy working or whatever, that they are not available to raise their kids properly. I don't know what to do about somebody else' kids if the parents don't see a problem.
So, you're saying that whites are just as violent as blacks? Do whites match the numbers of blacks when it comes to major crimes?
Cantgiveup

Cleveland, OH

#10 Aug 19, 2014
Sirs....with all due respect, what I KEEP SAYING IS:
IT IS NOT ALL BLACKS THAT ACT THIS WAY!!!
You keep speaking as if we all are bad.... THAT'S THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IN THIS MATTER!!
Of course I don't have any control over any of them or you either, but I would never say that ALL THE WHITES are a particular way, the way you guys speak all the time. I'm not going to argue with any of you about what people do that I don't know or have any control over, just leave the ones that are not a part of it...out of it. There are plenty of black kids that don't fit your stereotype, they just never get any attention because you're too busy focusing on the bad one. People in general can be bad. Any Race!!
Pay attention!
Cantgiveup

Cleveland, OH

#11 Aug 19, 2014
Hoping not to offend anybody by bringing this up and I won't elaborate or even discuss this further but, these are signs of the times as was written in Revelations. My fear is that it won't get any better, but rather worse. Hopefully we won't be here to see or experience the worst.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#12 Aug 20, 2014
And all I'm saying is, when a black is killed by a white cop, blacks riot and tear down a city. When a white is killed by a black, white people don't riot.

When a city is predominantly white, crime is low. As soon as blacks move in, the crime rate goes way up.

You walk past a group of white kids and some have baseball bats, the kids are going to play baseball in the park. You walk past a group of black kid and some have bats, you better call 911 before they beat the hell out of you.

Yeah, whites do crime too but one out of ten whites might shoot someone. With blacks, 4 out of 10 will.

There's less black people in the country than whites but yet the ratio of blacks and whites in prisons is 6 blacks to one white.

You still don't get it, right cantgiveup?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#13 Aug 20, 2014
Cantgiveup wrote:
Sirs....with all due respect, what I KEEP SAYING IS:
IT IS NOT ALL BLACKS THAT ACT THIS WAY!!!
You keep speaking as if we all are bad.... THAT'S THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IN THIS MATTER!!
Of course I don't have any control over any of them or you either, but I would never say that ALL THE WHITES are a particular way, the way you guys speak all the time. I'm not going to argue with any of you about what people do that I don't know or have any control over, just leave the ones that are not a part of it...out of it. There are plenty of black kids that don't fit your stereotype, they just never get any attention because you're too busy focusing on the bad one. People in general can be bad. Any Race!!
Pay attention!
Riddle me this: how many people do you think are going to move out of Westlake because of this isolated problem? What do you think this stabbing will do to the property values in Westlake? How many stores and businesses will close down because of this crime? How many cell phone stores, dollar stores and daycare centers will replace once good businesses because of this incident? How many vacant stores do you think we will see in Westlake now that they had a stabbing? How many people will be cautious or fearful of taking a nice summer walk in Westlake because of this crime? How man people will be fearful of sending their kids to Westlake schools?

I hope you get it now. And if you don't, then I invite you to South Gate--a once national famous mall. Or Randall Mall...... at least what's left of it. Or take a ride by the mall at Northfield and Rockside roads. Tell me this is what you expect to happen in Westlake because of this stabbing.
Cantgiveup

Cleveland, OH

#14 Aug 20, 2014
The protests are about the people demanding equal treatment by the JUSTICE SYSTEM and the problem with police brutality. All the riots seem to be due to the injustice of the SYSTEM and the inequality in how the crimes or treatment of black people are handled within the JUSTICE SYSTEM when their voices aren't heard. It causes anger and tension. I don't think you will ever understand the injustice of the system or police brutality because white people don't have that issue with the system. It has nothing to do with criminals or crime, rather how the criminals and crimes are treated differently. Nobody needs to protest the issue of the white guy that stabbed his parents, he was arrested. He will have his day in court, as with any of the other white situations. The problem is that they let the boy's body lay in the street for nearly 5 hours and didn't do the proper investigation into the matter. The whole thing was handled unfairly as far as they could see it. I wasn't there, so I can't comment on any of it or take any stance on it. The facts are unclear and keep changing. All the more reason to detain the officer and get answers. When the incident happened in Cleveland Hts at the IHOP last year where the 4 girls got into a fight and the guard/bailiff killed one of them (by accident), he was arrested. He was detained while they gathered the facts because the facts were unclear. He was eventually released of any charges because he acted properly and in self defense. That's how it should have been handled, everybody treated equally and fairly by the SYSTEM. Protests go back for years and only become riotous when the voices are not heard or taken seriously.

Here is some things I read on the reasons for riots.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hidden-mo...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/...

http://www.vox.com/michael-brown-shooting-fer...
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#15 Aug 20, 2014
Cantgiveup wrote:
Hoping not to offend anybody by bringing this up and I won't elaborate or even discuss this further but, these are signs of the times as was written in Revelations. My fear is that it won't get any better, but rather worse. Hopefully we won't be here to see or experience the worst.
Revelations. LOL You can't be serious. There is nothing going on now that was worse than the Slave Trade. There is nothing going on now that is worse than the Spanish Inquisition. What about the Black Plague in Europe? The eradication of entire native ethnic populations. If you think this is bad, imagine living during the original Jim Crow with the Spanish Flu and World War 1 going on. The list goes on.

And you think this is the end times? Following the religion of the European slavemasters means your mind is still enslaved. It's made up nonsense that was used to replace the religion of the enslaved Africans. Revelations....lol
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#16 Aug 20, 2014
Cantgiveup wrote:
The protests are about the people demanding equal treatment by the JUSTICE SYSTEM and the problem with police brutality. All the riots seem to be due to the injustice of the SYSTEM and the inequality in how the crimes or treatment of black people are handled within the JUSTICE SYSTEM when their voices aren't heard. It causes anger and tension. I don't think you will ever understand the injustice of the system or police brutality because white people don't have that issue with the system. It has nothing to do with criminals or crime, rather how the criminals and crimes are treated differently. Nobody needs to protest the issue of the white guy that stabbed his parents, he was arrested. He will have his day in court, as with any of the other white situations. The problem is that they let the boy's body lay in the street for nearly 5 hours and didn't do the proper investigation into the matter. The whole thing was handled unfairly as far as they could see it. I wasn't there, so I can't comment on any of it or take any stance on it. The facts are unclear and keep changing. All the more reason to detain the officer and get answers. When the incident happened in Cleveland Hts at the IHOP last year where the 4 girls got into a fight and the guard/bailiff killed one of them (by accident), he was arrested. He was detained while they gathered the facts because the facts were unclear. He was eventually released of any charges because he acted properly and in self defense. That's how it should have been handled, everybody treated equally and fairly by the SYSTEM. Protests go back for years and only become riotous when the voices are not heard or taken seriously.
Here is some things I read on the reasons for riots.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hidden-mo...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/...
http://www.vox.com/michael-brown-shooting-fer...
First off, these riots are opportunistic. 78 arrests last night and only 3 were residents of Ferguson. Some from as far away as New York and California.

There is no injustice in our country when it comes to criminals. Don't want to get arrested, then don't commit any crimes. Don't want to get shot by a cop, then obey the commands of a police officer. Simple for white people--rocket science for most blacks.

This is a simple solution to a simple problem. Don't attack police officers or anybody with a gun for that matter and you won't get shot dead.

But get ready, yet another shooting and killing by a police officer of different race than the suspect. And yes, the suspect was unarmed as well. Why didn't it make such a national splash like the Brown shooting? The officer was not white and the suspect was:

Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera
Crime » Burbank said the footage from the officer’s body camera will be released at the end of investigation.
By Harry Stevens | The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Aug 19 2014 12:51 pm • Last Updated Aug 19 2014 10:03 pm

"Burbank drew a distinction between Taylor’s shooting, in which the officer involved was not white, and the racially charged shooting of Michael Brown, the black teenager who was fatally shot by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo., two days before Taylor was killed."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58313255-78...

Now what about all that fairness you were talking about? Why is this still a local story and not national? What do you suppose the local media meant by "not white?" Why no riots and looting by white people? Heck, they didn't even report any shoplifters.
Cantgiveup

Cleveland, OH

#18 Aug 20, 2014
Another instance of inappropriate police behavior. This story in Florida is from last year. This profiling, harassment and injustice is happening all over America:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/21/v-fulls...
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#19 Aug 20, 2014
What needs to be considered about the Ferguson shooting too is, according to the report, Brown slugged the officer and broke a bone in his face near his eye, then he starts running away, turns and starts coming back. So now the cop has to think fast on what to do. He doesn't have a while to think about it, just seconds. He has to decide in those few seconds that if he doesn't shoot, this 6'4" guy that could be on drugs is going to wallop him good this time, possibly kill him. So, in the couple seconds he has to choose what to do, he shoots the guy and the guy keeps coming. Now, if he didn't shoot and kill him, the cop would have been dead and then I'd guess that all the rioters would be happy. Here's the cop doing his duty and here's the 280lb animal that roughed not only the cop up but the 5'2" oriental man that ran the convenient store, where the big thug stole the cigars from so he could make Blunts out of them. Myself, I don't expect to be shot by any cops because I don't steal things. If that thug wasn't a thief, he'd be home right now.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#20 Aug 21, 2014
Cantgiveup wrote:
Another instance of inappropriate police behavior. This story in Florida is from last year. This profiling, harassment and injustice is happening all over America:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/21/v-fulls...
You can find instances like this every single day, yet in most cases pigs are protected by the system. Just look at Chicago.

http://mic.com/articles/95320/662-chicago-cop...

It's funny. Because we are encouraged to go through 'official' channels, but those channels are corrupt and seldom take any action of any real consequence. What's scary is that most people know filing a complaint is a waste of time so the complaint numbers don't come close to representing all the misconduct.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#21 Aug 21, 2014
Cantgiveup wrote:
Another instance of inappropriate police behavior. This story in Florida is from last year. This profiling, harassment and injustice is happening all over America:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/21/v-fulls...
Your story reminds me of something many years ago when I lived in Garfield Heights where I grew up.

I was young then and started to read our local paper. One week they had an article on how blacks were complaining up on East 131st area which is a very small section of Garfield. That was the only black section in Garfield Heights at the time.

Their complaint was that this section of town was getting out of hand because of crime. Because it was a mostly black area, the police seldom patrolled up there and when residents did need police, it took them some time to arrive.

The Mayor promised swift action to address the problem and he did.

A few months later, blacks were complaining again--not because of the lack of police in the area, but because of our court on Turney Road. Blacks were about 3% of the Garfield population, yet the court was filled with mostly black people. I believe the paper said about 60% black.

Okay, so the blacks asked for help controlling crime and problems there, and when the police addressed the problems, the city was (indirectly) accused of racism because the police brought so many black troublemakers to court.

The same holds true in New York. They started a campaign called Stop-and-Frisk. They began this policy because of all the blacks that were getting shot in the New York area. The program was a huge success. Much less black people were being victimized by gun violence. So what happened? The blacks complained and the new Mayor stopped the program.

You can't win for losing with blacks. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. They complain about crime, and when police do something about the crime, they complain because blacks were stereotyped or profiled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Siko family shot in late 80s Fri Jat 1
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... Jan 12 Rochelle anthony 2
News Ohio.com - Four cases 20 years cold (Aug '07) Dec 24 INeedJustice 46
News Homeowners in Brecksville hope to sell land for... Dec '16 kwc 1
Good bye Tommy's (Aug '11) Nov '16 Kevin 49
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Jul '16 jimgrnt1 1,140
News French Art Colony doles out numerous art honors - (Jul '16) Jul '16 Big Johnson 1

Garfield Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garfield Heights Mortgages