First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#1 Aug 13, 2014
So I heard that there's been another white cop that shot a black suspect that supposedly didn't have a gun and the black community is in an uproar....again! I didn't hear what city it was in though. Doesn't matter though, the cities are all the same.

What I'm trying to figure out is how blacks think. Joe A., whom I don't know and never met or heard of, shoots Jahkeel Smith dead, also I never met him either. So, to retaliate, a mop of blacks comes to my grocery store that's taken me years to build up and employs a few black people, and the mob burns it down. What the hell did I do to have to get involved it the shooting? Very strange beliefs they have. Very strange. And now those same people from that mob that used to shop and shoplift at my store now has to go way out of town to do their grocery shopping and shoplifting! Bwaaaahahahaha! Intelligence at work at its best! lol!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#2 Aug 13, 2014
Wait for the riot when they find the cop did nothing wrong. That's the big one coming up.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#3 Aug 13, 2014
Yeah. And then when thet riot, even more blacks will be killed.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#4 Aug 13, 2014
Most black people are not bad. Not all the cases of cops shooting unarmed black men are justifiable.

The sad thing is any idiot can become a cop. The training is only six months. It's easy for police to abuse power. It's important that the abuse of power be checked.

Police are like customer service. They are supposed to be trained professionals and are not supposed to lash out. Period. Do that to a customer at McDonald's and you are fired. But police have guns to lash out with.

As for the mobs, when there is peaceful protesting, nothing gets done. People then think they have to use violence. Still, nothing gets done.

Due to more crime being committed by black men, we are profiled as easy targets by police. I can tell you it get old after a while. You get sick of being harassed for simply walking around or driving your car.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#5 Aug 13, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
Most black people are not bad. Not all the cases of cops shooting unarmed black men are justifiable.
The sad thing is any idiot can become a cop. The training is only six months. It's easy for police to abuse power. It's important that the abuse of power be checked.
Police are like customer service. They are supposed to be trained professionals and are not supposed to lash out. Period. Do that to a customer at McDonald's and you are fired. But police have guns to lash out with.
As for the mobs, when there is peaceful protesting, nothing gets done. People then think they have to use violence. Still, nothing gets done.
Due to more crime being committed by black men, we are profiled as easy targets by police. I can tell you it get old after a while. You get sick of being harassed for simply walking around or driving your car.
So is that the fault of police or the fault of black people?

100% of all these types of incidents can be solved with this easy to follow step: do whatever a police officer asks you to do.

That's it. And if blacks would follow that simple rule, you would have no more of these problems.

And.... any idiot cannot become a cop. You can't even apply for a police officer in Middleburg Heights unless you have at least four years of college, and even then, it's a lot of good luck to get in. This is catching on in many cities.

The son of a friend of mine had a hell of a time getting a police officers job. He had two years of college in law enforcement and nobody would hire him. He finally got a job with the Sheriff's department but had to move to the other side of the state for the job. Then much of his work was considered volunteer where you didn't receive any pay. The parts of the job where you were paid was part-time.

He finally secured a police officers job in Findley, but he would rather be back in his hometown of Garfield Heights. To get that job, he paid for the police academy himself just to have an edge on other applicants.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#6 Aug 13, 2014
First off, a degree in criminal justice is like a sociology degree. It's made for dumb/average people who can't deal with the STEM fields or other higher-earning fields. Unless you taking the shat for an easy pass to a law degree, it's a joke.

Much like high school, any person of average or below-average intelligence can graduate college if easy courses are taken and the hard ones avoided.

College these days is mostly about financing.

Second, it's not on people to take having their rights violated. Police are civil servants. They are paid to be professional. Why do police constantly escalate situations that aren't even life threatening?

I've been harassed by them on multiple occasions. Fortunately, I've swallowed my pride as a man and as a human being and dealt with them with a smile.

But I shouldn't have to do that. It's on them to respect me and not harass me. Don't lean on me hoping to find drugs or an easy bust. It's insulting. And don't try to be a big man because you have a gun and a badge. The same person would barely make eye contact with me otherwise.

Being a muscular 6'4" 270 pound black man, I know how 'regular' white people act around me. It's not confrontational. Only time white people give me shat is when they have a badge and a gun. Otherwise, it's smile or eyes to the ground.

It's like going to Burger King and the cashier says 'hurry the frack up' and the customer is supposed to just take it and smile. Police need to be professional at all times. That takes dealing with 'mouthy' customers and not provoking incidents.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#7 Aug 14, 2014
Police do one thing: enforce the law.

Like Burger King or any other worker, you are going to find nicer people than others. But because somebody may not be nice is no reason to disrespect the law.

The law is the law and we all agree to abide to those laws. In this case, we have no idea what happened as of yet, but that didn't stop these lowlifes from rioting. They obviously don't care about what was involved. All they know is a cop shot this guy and thats enough for them to do hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages and theft.

Police should be allowed to shoot any looters or violent people in cases like this. Next day, they started all over and once again, bringing their police out into a dangerous situation. If police would have gunned down a few the night before, those clowns would have thought twice before starting any more trouble.

I've had my problems with authority too--especially being a truck driver. I would get pulled over at a weigh station and before I even say Hello, a DOT officer is out there yelling at me like a drill sergeant; down right accosting me as he approaches my vehicle.

But I don't get out of my truck and start beating on the guy. I just do as he says. When I get home, I contact my State Representative, call the PUCO to file a complaint, and in one case, even wrote a letter to the Governor. I told them that I will have video surveillance installed in my vehicle and next time, it will to viral on You Tube.

You'd be surprised how nice those guys are today.

The point is, you don't make your own rules with authority. If somebody does something wrong, there are ways to deal with it. You never win by challenging authority out in the street. They don't play by your rules--you play by theirs. And if something is amiss, you settle the score later and legally. That's the way a civilized society works.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#8 Aug 14, 2014
That shooting took place in St Louis.

http://news.yahoo.com/scrutiny-police-respons...

You got that right, Mapleman, where you said because of the actions of some blacks, you all get profiled.

And as I said a few times already, I watch the news and hear all about how a gang of blacks beat up a white guy or kid. It's all the time. Or blacks walking down the street shooting people. Watch the news on tv and read the paper. Not a day goes by that we don't hear of some black going nuts and killing someone.

So then, I'm walking down a street in Maple Hts and see 5 or 6 blacks walking towards me and they're all looking at me. I ask you, what am I thinking?

A) Oh look! There's a bunch of hard working fellas.
B) These guys are out walking for exercise.
C) Well I'll bet all these nice young fellows are going
to all say hello to me and to have a nice day.
D) So, let's see. 5 of them and one of me. I can't
out run them so I'll have to go for the first one that
takes a swing at me. Take him out by the knees.
Then the next closest one, shove his nose cartledge
up into his pea brain. Then just do the best to defend
myself of the others.

So, which one am I supposed to be thinking? And
if you pick number 'D', why would that be?
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#9 Aug 14, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
Police do one thing: enforce the law.
Like Burger King or any other worker, you are going to find nicer people than others. But because somebody may not be nice is no reason to disrespect the law.
The law is the law and we all agree to abide to those laws. In this case, we have no idea what happened as of yet, but that didn't stop these lowlifes from rioting. They obviously don't care about what was involved. All they know is a cop shot this guy and thats enough for them to do hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages and theft.
Police should be allowed to shoot any looters or violent people in cases like this. Next day, they started all over and once again, bringing their police out into a dangerous situation. If police would have gunned down a few the night before, those clowns would have thought twice before starting any more trouble.
I've had my problems with authority too--especially being a truck driver. I would get pulled over at a weigh station and before I even say Hello, a DOT officer is out there yelling at me like a drill sergeant; down right accosting me as he approaches my vehicle.
But I don't get out of my truck and start beating on the guy. I just do as he says. When I get home, I contact my State Representative, call the PUCO to file a complaint, and in one case, even wrote a letter to the Governor. I told them that I will have video surveillance installed in my vehicle and next time, it will to viral on You Tube.
You'd be surprised how nice those guys are today.
The point is, you don't make your own rules with authority. If somebody does something wrong, there are ways to deal with it. You never win by challenging authority out in the street. They don't play by your rules--you play by theirs. And if something is amiss, you settle the score later and legally. That's the way a civilized society works.
Let's face it. Some police officers are full of themselves and abuse their power. These are the ones usually involved in 'questionable' shootings. They need to be weeded out, but instead they are protected by that blue shield crap.

Much the same as some in the black community protect thugs, the police do the same thing with thugs in the force. The only way to address the issue on both sides is to be honest about it. Acting as if all police shootings are justifiable is just as bad as acting as if all police shootings are unjustifiable.

And let's not forget, the police in black communities are allowed to get away with things that would get them fired in white communities.

I know some white people -- yes white people -- who say all interactions with police should be recorded. These are people I see posting in gun forums and other places that deal with the rights of citizens. They know how crooked some police officers can be. Citizens are under no obligation to take harassment from civil servants. Our tax dollars pay for their services and they better fracking act like it.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#10 Aug 14, 2014
Maple Resident wrote:
That shooting took place in St Louis.
http://news.yahoo.com/scrutiny-police-respons...
You got that right, Mapleman, where you said because of the actions of some blacks, you all get profiled.
And as I said a few times already, I watch the news and hear all about how a gang of blacks beat up a white guy or kid. It's all the time. Or blacks walking down the street shooting people. Watch the news on tv and read the paper. Not a day goes by that we don't hear of some black going nuts and killing someone.
So then, I'm walking down a street in Maple Hts and see 5 or 6 blacks walking towards me and they're all looking at me. I ask you, what am I thinking?
A) Oh look! There's a bunch of hard working fellas.
B) These guys are out walking for exercise.
C) Well I'll bet all these nice young fellows are going
to all say hello to me and to have a nice day.
D) So, let's see. 5 of them and one of me. I can't
out run them so I'll have to go for the first one that
takes a swing at me. Take him out by the knees.
Then the next closest one, shove his nose cartledge
up into his pea brain. Then just do the best to defend
myself of the others.
So, which one am I supposed to be thinking? And
if you pick number 'D', why would that be?
You are being honest when you say that, but how many police will admit the same? You won't get police to publicly admit what you are admitting, but you know that's how they think.

So from the beginning, their interactions with us start off more hostile than their interactions with you. And since most black people aren't criminals(even though the majority of violent criminals are black), you can see how that can lead to problems.

If police would openly admit what you admit, the problem could be addressed in an honest manner. They see us and think differently from the start. That leads to problems that don't arise when dealing with whites. Some of these problems result in unjustifiable shootings of unarmed black men.

Think about it. If you really think those five black men mean to do you harm, you are more likely to shoot first and ask questions later. If the scenario is played out enough, it will eventually lead to someone innocent being killed.

Police confront black people every single day. As such, you are going to end up with police brutality. You will also end up justified actions by the police. But we have to work to control the unjustified actions. The harassment. The bullying.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#11 Aug 14, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's face it. Some police officers are full of themselves and abuse their power. These are the ones usually involved in 'questionable' shootings. They need to be weeded out, but instead they are protected by that blue shield crap.
Much the same as some in the black community protect thugs, the police do the same thing with thugs in the force. The only way to address the issue on both sides is to be honest about it. Acting as if all police shootings are justifiable is just as bad as acting as if all police shootings are unjustifiable.
And let's not forget, the police in black communities are allowed to get away with things that would get them fired in white communities.
I know some white people -- yes white people -- who say all interactions with police should be recorded. These are people I see posting in gun forums and other places that deal with the rights of citizens. They know how crooked some police officers can be. Citizens are under no obligation to take harassment from civil servants. Our tax dollars pay for their services and they better fracking act like it.
People ARE under obligation to take whatever those civil servants dish out because we taxpayers gave them the badge to do their job. And again, if anything is amiss, you take that up with his superiors afterwards.

Challenging officers in the street only gets you one thing: in trouble or dead. That's it. Nobody ever won a battle with police doing it their way.

And in most of these shooting cases, they find the officer did as he was trained and nothing illegal about it. I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet this case is no different.

It reminds me of the Trayvon Martin case in a way. The kid attacked a guy with a gun. Then people were outraged that he used his weapon to defend himself. Some people didn't lay the blame on Martin, they laid the blame on Zimmerman for protecting himself.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#12 Aug 14, 2014
Harassment is not part of their job description.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/dwbstudy....

The problem is nothing happens when it taken up with superiors. There are officers with numerous complaints on their jackets without anything ever happening.

The reason why police brutality is so rampant is because the system knows black people can't do a [email protected] thing about it. Go through proper channels, and you are ignored. Voice you displeasure at the scene, and you might end up injured or dead.

Sadly, most of us have just learned that police harassment comes with being black in America. The best we can do is record our interactions with the police and make sure they are instantly uploaded to remote servers. Lord knows the police will confiscate any evidence that can be used against them.

The fact that people get more time for assaulting a police dog than an officer gets for being guilty of assault shows just how unfair things are.

If Zimmerman were in Ohio, he'd be locked up for murder one. Our state doesn't allow for you to be armed and escalate a situation(Zimmerman following Martin). But he was in Florida and the verdict was the correct one.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#13 Aug 14, 2014
Mapleman wrote:
Harassment is not part of their job description.
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/dwbstudy....
The problem is nothing happens when it taken up with superiors. There are officers with numerous complaints on their jackets without anything ever happening.
The reason why police brutality is so rampant is because the system knows black people can't do a [email protected] thing about it. Go through proper channels, and you are ignored. Voice you displeasure at the scene, and you might end up injured or dead.
Sadly, most of us have just learned that police harassment comes with being black in America. The best we can do is record our interactions with the police and make sure they are instantly uploaded to remote servers. Lord knows the police will confiscate any evidence that can be used against them.
The fact that people get more time for assaulting a police dog than an officer gets for being guilty of assault shows just how unfair things are.
If Zimmerman were in Ohio, he'd be locked up for murder one. Our state doesn't allow for you to be armed and escalate a situation(Zimmerman following Martin). But he was in Florida and the verdict was the correct one.
That's questionable.

Our law says that you cannot escalate a situation and then use your firearm. However, there were two separate incidents in the Zimmerman case.

Zimmerman took off after Martin when he ran. Martin easily outran Zimmerman which ended that situation. Then Martin hid in the dark, waited for Zimmerman, and attacked him when Zimmerman was walking back to his car.

Whether in Florida or Ohio, if Martin attacked Zimmerman while the chase was going on and then Zimmerman shot Martin, it would pretty much lean against Zimmerman because he started the fight (in a way) even though there is really no law about following people. On the other hand, Zimmerman stated that the reason he shot Martin is because during the attack, his shirt lifted where Martin discovered his firearm and tried to disarm him. Martin clearly had overpowered Zimmerman and by not shooting him, would risk his attacker getting a hold of his firearm.

That's pretty dicey. I don't know if Zimmerman could have been prosecuted nor do I know how a jury would have seen the case. But I digress.

Politicians fear any retaliation from citizens when it comes to race or police misconduct. If police didn't want to take any action on a complaint, the politicians will; not only because they want to keep your vote, but because the last thing they want is a citizen calling the local media.

I've complained to my landlord about garbage all over my tree lawn. I suggested increasing our fines for littering to $500.00 like other cities. When he didn't go along with that, I suggested that they pass an ordnance that prohibits stores from selling food stuffs to pedestrian minors not accompanied by an adult. He wouldn't do either. Why? Both have racial overtones to it.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#14 Aug 14, 2014
The way it looks to me here in Maple Hts., the blacks have the advantage over the cops. You call a cop about loud music, when the cops get here, they tell the caller 'it's not that loud'. Or call on some kids throwing stones at your house and the cops say,'Well, sir, all 12 kids say that they didn't throw any stones at your house and the one mother said,'not MAH keedz! Dey dont do dat!' So, the cops tell the caller the best thing to do is sell your house and move. I never hear anyone telling those blacks that riot,'If you feel like you're being harassed by the cops, then move.'
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#15 Aug 14, 2014
Maple Resident wrote:
The way it looks to me here in Maple Hts., the blacks have the advantage over the cops. You call a cop about loud music, when the cops get here, they tell the caller 'it's not that loud'. Or call on some kids throwing stones at your house and the cops say,'Well, sir, all 12 kids say that they didn't throw any stones at your house and the one mother said,'not MAH keedz! Dey dont do dat!' So, the cops tell the caller the best thing to do is sell your house and move. I never hear anyone telling those blacks that riot,'If you feel like you're being harassed by the cops, then move.'
I had different experiences with our police because of the house next door. I've had to call the cops twice because of all the noise they were making with that stupid basketball.

I gave them a chance to knock it off by telling them that 10:00 in the evening is unacceptable to be making all that noise. After all, they have all day to play basketball in the summer. But black kids with a basketball is like a bottle to an alcoholic. They just can't put it down.

The kids got smart with me so I said "Okay, deal with the cops!"

In both cases, the cops were out here in less than five minutes--two units too. The noise stopped immediately in one case, in the other, the little bastard decided he was going to do what he wanted and bounced it some more. The cop screamed at him and that was the end of the problem so far.

It's been slowly getting louder later and later, but the last time I told them to knock it off, they stopped immediately because they didn't want the cops here again. But if I call the cops, I'm assured they will take care of the problem as they did the last couple of times.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#16 Aug 14, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

I've complained to my landlord about garbage all over my tree lawn.
Also a correction here. I meant to say I called my Councilman--not my landlord because I'm the landlord. LOL!
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#17 Aug 14, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's questionable.
Our law says that you cannot escalate a situation and then use your firearm. However, there were two separate incidents in the Zimmerman case.
Zimmerman took off after Martin when he ran. Martin easily outran Zimmerman which ended that situation. Then Martin hid in the dark, waited for Zimmerman, and attacked him when Zimmerman was walking back to his car.
Whether in Florida or Ohio, if Martin attacked Zimmerman while the chase was going on and then Zimmerman shot Martin, it would pretty much lean against Zimmerman because he started the fight (in a way) even though there is really no law about following people. On the other hand, Zimmerman stated that the reason he shot Martin is because during the attack, his shirt lifted where Martin discovered his firearm and tried to disarm him. Martin clearly had overpowered Zimmerman and by not shooting him, would risk his attacker getting a hold of his firearm.
That's pretty dicey. I don't know if Zimmerman could have been prosecuted nor do I know how a jury would have seen the case. But I digress.
Politicians fear any retaliation from citizens when it comes to race or police misconduct. If police didn't want to take any action on a complaint, the politicians will; not only because they want to keep your vote, but because the last thing they want is a citizen calling the local media.
I've complained to my landlord about garbage all over my tree lawn. I suggested increasing our fines for littering to $500.00 like other cities. When he didn't go along with that, I suggested that they pass an ordnance that prohibits stores from selling food stuffs to pedestrian minors not accompanied by an adult. He wouldn't do either. Why? Both have racial overtones to it.
In either jurisdiction, Zimmerman held the advantage because the other person who was there was dead. It's hard to win a case when the only other person who could tell you what happened is dead.

Black people don't show up for local elections. Also, too many of us simply don't follow politics. It's the same problem white America has, but it's worse in the black community.

Look how they forced the cameras in Maple Heights and East Cleveland. Garfield -- a mostly white community -- stopped it twice. Politicians -- even black ones -- know they can screw over black people without anything being done about it.

We will see if this issue makes it on the ballot. I see they have a petition drive. Let's see how strong black political clout is locally.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#18 Aug 15, 2014
Hey xxxrayted. You seem to know a lot about gun laws, can you clarify what the term 'possessing a gun under disability?' Does that mean the person is 'loony tunes' in the head and not allowed to own a gun or the person is by law, supposed to be disabled of his gun because he has a criminal record?
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#19 Aug 15, 2014
Here's a thought I been pondering around for a while. It seems like there's just a whole crap load of blacks that still piss moan about their ancestors being slaves down south 300 years ago. How come they never mention the white people that worked for the underground railroad and risked their lived sneaking the blacks to the northern states and Canada? Or the many whites that enlisted or were drafted to fight the rebels and lost life and limb doing so? I had an ancestor that died in battle.

And as for da white man hold me back, that's just an excuse, especially now a days. What's holding them back is their low hanging pants, their smug look on their face, the way they talk and their attitude. How come other blacks fit right in? LeBron has a talent with basketball but Jamel doesn't so, that's whitey's fault for holding Jamel back. Right? Yeah, sure. We also held Oprah back too.

And as for slavery, how many blacks know the real story? Probably not many. See, in Africa, tribes would fight each other all the time. Just like they do here today. But 300 years ago, what they did was, the one tribe would capture a whole village that were their enemy. So, to get rid of that tribe, they'd march them to the coast, and of all places, Kenya, where our Prez is from, and then the black conquerors would sell the captured tribe to English sea captains. They'd pile them below decks and ship them not only to America to be slaves but to England and other countries too. America was a growing country and needed more people to grow and harvest food and do other things. That's why there was slavery.

I'll tell you though, if I had to make a choice of being a black slave in America 300 years ago or a Jewish person in Europe in the 1930s' and 40s', I think I'd rather have been a slave. At least there was a chance of getting freed through the underground railroad or after so many years of slavery, be given a piece of land and freed as a slave to work the fields of my own land. Only thing to look forward to in Europe for the Jews was to be gassed and put out of their misery. So you see, black people, you're not the only ones that had it rough.

(not talking about you though Mapleman because you sound like you have it all together, pal)
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#20 Aug 15, 2014
Maple Resident wrote:
Hey xxxrayted. You seem to know a lot about gun laws, can you clarify what the term 'possessing a gun under disability?' Does that mean the person is 'loony tunes' in the head and not allowed to own a gun or the person is by law, supposed to be disabled of his gun because he has a criminal record?
It can actually be related to all the things you mentioned. A person could be crazy and not supposed to have a gun. A restraining order and being a felon would also get a person such a charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10-Year-Old Girl Dies After Falling in Tinkers ... (Mar '10) Jul 12 Teddy 6
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Jul 9 jimgrnt1 1,140
News U.S. cop on recent shootings: 'How dare you sta... Jul 8 Donald Trump is a... 2
News French Art Colony doles out numerous art honors - Jul 3 Big Johnson 1
GARFIELD HEIGHTS: 15-year-old shot in church pa... (Mar '14) Jun 28 I Am Papoose 16
Noise ordinance (Jul '15) Jun 28 The Man With 3 Balls 7
writing a book,need help on this"forgotten" par... (Mar '12) Jun '16 Joe bananas 14

Garfield Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garfield Heights Mortgages