Suspects On Loose After Home Invasion | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS 27
Garfield Heights Police were searching for two suspects on Saturday that entered a home and shot a male inside. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#22 Apr 16, 2011
Just a weird scenario that I was wondering about. I remember that drug dealer got away with self-defense even though he was selling drugs and had an illegal pistol. I just think if the felon wasn't breaking the law and sought a weapon to defend their lives it wouldn't be pursued.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23 Apr 16, 2011
I don't know, it might not be depending on who the prosecutor is. Remember that all these public servants are in the eye of the public. It seems that every news station has their own investigative team out there today. But rule number one is you never let anybody use your gun, especially a felon. So even if the claim was it was his wife's gun, she should be the only one to have access to that weapon; just a little something I learned in the CCW class.
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#24 Apr 16, 2011
Yeah, but if somebody panics, they panic. You even hear about soldiers freezing when they hit the battlefield. They have months of training and some freeze.

Wife panics and the man grabs the gun to defend the house. Nobody that wants to keep their job prosecutes that in this "facebook/twitter" world.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#25 Apr 16, 2011
We don't live in that world. Some do, but the authorities don't.
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#26 Apr 17, 2011
Depends if it is election time. Funny how bad publicity and a call for action gets answered when the election is near.

One things Americans hate is injustice. Guy defends his wife and child and ends up in the slammer. LOL Somebody higher up is straightening that mess up after the public voices their displeasure. I bet it would be done within the week.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27 Apr 17, 2011
Part of the punishment for being a felon is not having the liberty to own or use a gun for any reason. The other of course is to lose voting rights. If you are so worried about protecting yourself of your family, you should have thought of that before you broke the law and ended up in prison. It goes right back to our discussion about traffic violations. If you don't want a ticket, don't break the law. It can't be any simpler than that.
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#28 Apr 17, 2011
Remember, I am not talking about the guy owning the gun. His wife is free to own a weapon. She panics, he gets it and defends the home. Nobody is going to see jail for that.

Now if she buys a gun and he is carrying it around in the street, he is going to jail. But in the heat of the moment during a home invasion? With a gun legally owned by his wife?

This also means you would have to charge the wife with a crime. LOL I don't think anybody would be charged. That would be like charging a person with jaywalking on xmas day when they walked across the street to their neighbors to bring them a pie. Technically you could, but common sense rules the day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 29 min xxxrayted 31,507
cls service incorporated 1 hr CARS Member 2
Eboli in Texas 5 hr Maple Resident 4
Cuyahoga Amateur Radio Society F U C K Y O U 5 hr CARS Member 9
W8GC, I shit my pants 6 hr Bob Check 1
Cleveland Police Chases 19 hr Mapleman 3
Maple Heights Traffic Camera Tickets 19 hr Mapleman 42

Garfield Heights Jobs

Garfield Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Garfield Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Garfield Heights

Personal Finance