Suspects On Loose After Home Invasion | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS 27
Garfield Heights Police were searching for two suspects on Saturday that entered a home and shot a male inside. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HappensNot

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 10, 2011
Home invasions happen to people who sell drugs and keep the drugs and the cash in their homes. They don't happen to normal people. Keep your nose clean and your money in the bank and you can sleep easy at night.
Veteran

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 10, 2011
You are seriously uninformed and living under a rock because my oun Pastor and his wife and two little girls had a home invasion while they were sleeping and can assuradly state they do NOT sell drugs, nor even have much money even in their vocation in first place and a relatively small church and very old school 'sulfur and brimstone', Bible-based teachings, not one of these mega-churches! So, in your feeble reasoning, anyone that is perhaps a bit unsure of the banks and Federal Reserve in these uncertain financially dire times that chooses to have a hidden safe with some cash is a drug dealer? IF you went to college, you would have learned what's clled 'critical thinking', of which your comment lacks thereof!
Jake Stidd

Bridgeport, OH

#4 Apr 11, 2011
Both of you above posters are correct but, it probably happens in the former case much more often then the latter.
TheUsual

Columbus, OH

#5 Apr 11, 2011
Home invaders need a REASON to target a home. Specifically, they must believe that there is cash or drugs hidden, and that it is worth the trouble to barge in and force the homeowner to reveal their secret location.

If somebody keeps cash at home, word gets around. A safe doesn't matter - you can just make them open it up by pointing a gun at their wife or child.

Storing valuables where you live is foolish.
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#6 Apr 11, 2011
Wait. 49-year-old man with a 22-year-old fiance and a 4-year-old daughter? Paul was hanging out at the high school.

Why the hell would Paul go outside to investigate?

I would have grabbed my gun and called the police, not go outside. Dumb a$$ is lucky to still be breathing. I thought people only did that dumb shjt in horror movies.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#7 Apr 11, 2011
Why can't somebody invade my home??? I feel so left out.:-(

Never fails. When you have some old ammo you would like to use up, they go and rob somebody who has no ammo.
JesusThusSpake

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 11, 2011
xxxrayted wrote:
Why can't somebody invade my home??? I feel so left out.:-(
Never fails. When you have some old ammo you would like to use up, they go and rob somebody who has no ammo.
If you sell drugs out of your home, the invaders will show up soon as word gets around.
aaaaaaa

Cleveland, OH

#9 Apr 11, 2011
first off maple man paul never went out side he was in the house the whole time fighting for his life and family...u people are so ignorant and wit the comment u made u must be in high school...
aaaaaaa

Cleveland, OH

#10 Apr 11, 2011
u dont have to sell drugs for something like this to happen because he clearly dont.....he was very smart and brave for what he did...so go to hell...lock ur doors cause it can happen to u and ur famiy
Veteran

Columbus, OH

#11 Apr 11, 2011
Thuglets have been known to just sit like an alligator in the swamp but in this example, a parking lot of any BIG BOX store as in Best Buy and actually watch who's taking a large screen TV or expensive electronics, i.e. laptops, XBOX, etc., then follow these people and note where they live...this happened to a friend of my mom from her church in RURAL FARM COUNTRY Indiana!!! A week later, they were sleeping-in on a Saturday and awoke to thugs busting front door-jam in (no windows on closed garage)--luckily nobody was hurt but they were going after a new 42" LG TV home entertainment system, got greedy and were there a bit long enough for the sheriff to arive because their neighbor across the road heard the bam of door being smashed and when they searched thug's residences, they found all this stuff they had like a mini warehouse with tags with craigslist listing numbers and print out and all they had to do was trace back to registered warranties and they ALL were from purchases from that Best Buy so Best Buy and police perused digital video surv. of store's parking lot as there had been a rash of comprehensive replacement warranty claims from customers from that store and sure enough, spotted on digital files the very same Astro Van taking off, following peope out of lot, presumably to where people lived and robbed later in braisen daytime home invasions, with reports with same descripts but unfortunately there WERE some injuries but no fatalities. These were white trash OXYcontin-heads because they would ALSO raid medicine cabinets and some of same victim's RX bottles were stupidly sitting around their dump of a hoarding episode apartment as well. They are now serving with bubba. THIS shows how desperate these POS are these days! Might add they also tried a "plea-deal" with Public Defender, telling their mode of operation, following customers. THIS is a very good example of why if you buy some new expensive item, it's not smart at all to put those very boxes out on curb for possible thugs that might be watching to see that way as well. Sad, sad state of things these days! Sure, I bet a drug dealer is prone to this as well but craigslist has a LOT of stolen items posted--even CPD has a small task force assigned to watch craigslist alone because of some pretty easily identifiable ways things are posted and communication via cell listed or to meet...sometimes thugs will even list a vacant forclosed home and rob the would-be buyer when they arrive. Cannot be as naive as orig. poster here!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#12 Apr 12, 2011
Anybody have any boxes of new expensive electronic equipment I can borrow for trash day? LOL!

That reminds me of the good old days when the Souteast Sun covered Maple Heights. In the Police Beat section, they arrested a guy who was at Home Depot trying to return merchandise. He never really purchased anything. What he did was scan the parking lot for receipts that people threw away. He picked up the receipts, went into the store, and picked up the exact same items on the receipts so he could return them for a cash refund.

They are clever enough to think of a scam like that, but not clever enough to get a job and work like everybody else. That's why when you go to the Home Depot in Maple Heights, the security guard is very near the return counter.
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#13 Apr 14, 2011
aaaaaaa wrote:
first off maple man paul never went out side he was in the house the whole time fighting for his life and family...u people are so ignorant and wit the comment u made u must be in high school...
Ignorant? That is what the article said when I read it. It may be edited now, but that was what it said. How was he fighting? What is a grown man doing without a gun? This isn't 542 bc, he has a family and not a way to protect said family? They should still be scrubbing the brains and blood of the home invaders out of their walls and carpet.

I'm a grown man. I'm not being warned by my lady there are creeps outside and ending up jumping out my own window. LOL I'll have the Saiga in my hands and it will be criminal parts all over by the time cops show up.

These criminals would be better off breaking in the house from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Jumping out my own window? LMAO That is how men defend the family nowadays? Pathetic.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14 Apr 14, 2011
If he was a felon and couldn't own a gun, that could be a good reason why he didn't have one.
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#15 Apr 14, 2011
Not when the wife can own one. We are just going to tell the police she panicked and I grabbed the firearm and protected my family.

What ghoul of a prosecutor is going to charge me on that?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16 Apr 15, 2011
Any prosecutor. You go right back to jail if you are caught with a firearm...... especially using one for any reason. Your only chance is to ask for a jury trial and hope they see it your way, but I don't know if you can get a jury trial for something like that. Plus, the jury is instructed not to use personal feelings in their decision, only that they vote on whether the law was broke or not.
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#17 Apr 15, 2011
No discretion, huh? They would expect you to sit there and let your wife and child get killed? I think if the prosecutor found out that the home invasion wasn't criminally related he wouldn't prosecute.

Not to make fun of women, but it is highly likely they would panic and the man might have to take control of the firearm.
aaaaaaaaaaa

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#18 Apr 15, 2011
so easy to say what u would have done when it didnt happen to u....and wtf if ur wife was the one who saw them first hopefully she would tell u dummy....u wasnt there so u dont know what happened or how it happened...if he would had the gun it would have been three guns against one...and prolly an 4 year old child hurt or dead
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19 Apr 15, 2011
mapleman wrote:
No discretion, huh? They would expect you to sit there and let your wife and child get killed? I think if the prosecutor found out that the home invasion wasn't criminally related he wouldn't prosecute.
Not to make fun of women, but it is highly likely they would panic and the man might have to take control of the firearm.
A prosecutors job is to prosecute lawbreakers. That's it. He or she can't be selective when doing that job. You either broke the law, or you didn't. You may have an excuse for breaking the law, but you still broke the law as far as authorities are concerned. Why you broke the law and what considerations are to take place is not up to the prosecutor, it's up to the judge.
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#20 Apr 15, 2011
Okay. A convicted felon is in the gas station in Maple Heights. A robber enters shoots the clerk and turns the gun on the felon. The felon manages to disarm the robber. Does he give him the gun back? LOL

Is he seriously supposed to put it down and let the robber get access to it again?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21 Apr 16, 2011
I would think that is different since the felon was not in possession of the firearm. He had no intention of arming himself nor using the weapon. If he disarmed an attacker, that's a whole different scenario. But even if it was prosecutable, it would be up to a judge to make the decision whether the action was warranted or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al & Jessie 16 min Maple Resident 13
Micheal Moore-The Big Mouthed Coward! 24 min Maple Resident 27
W8GC, I shit my pants 7 hr KB8PQM 4
Toby Kolman WT8O 20 hr Ruby 4
Toby Kolman's teeth... 21 hr Ruby 18
16 year old thug dies by CCW victim 23 hr Maple Resident 18
Lansky vs Brownlee Wed xxxrayted 11

Winter Storm Watch for Cuyahoga County was issued at January 30 at 2:23PM EST

More from around the web

Garfield Heights People Search