Garfield Heights Officers Kill Man At...

Garfield Heights Officers Kill Man At Gas Station | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 30 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Feb 26, 2011, titled Garfield Heights Officers Kill Man At Gas Station | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Garfield Heights Police said a man was fatally shot by officers after lunging at them with a billy club at a gas station Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#26 Mar 5, 2011
Maybe that might be the reason, but knowing Garfield and Maple Heights they probably don't have them because they can't afford them.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#27 Mar 5, 2011
Tasers have been around how long now, over ten years?

I believe it's a liability issue. People have died after being hit by a taser you know.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#28 Mar 6, 2011
Yeah, I did a quick search on tasers and to my surprise some police were misusing them. There are a$$holes in every profession, but when they wear a badge it can really be trouble.

There is no doubt people are idiots, but there is no need to taser old ladies. Police take 3-6 months of self-defense if that. I have been training for years and still learn things. How are they putting police out on the street that can barely defend themselves and resort to using tasers so quickly on people that can be easily restrained?

That's why I always laugh when they act like they are so highly trained over civilians.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#29 Mar 6, 2011
There was a Maple Heights cop a couple years ago that was working at a store in Maple Heights. He nabbed a shoplifter and held him down until he got more help. The guy died, and the cop was sent to prison. He was a big guy, and the shoplifter was a weasely skinny dope head. That's why you use a taser if possible.

But you know something.... when I carry my gun around, I wonder what would happen if I got into a fight where I could not legally use my gun? After all, if this guy gets me down, he has access to my firearm. I'm sure I'm not alone with that thought about getting into a physical altercation while having a loaded firearm on me.
Mapleman

Bedford, OH

#30 Mar 7, 2011
That guy was a big 6'4". He got sent to prison for a good reason. If you ever met the bastard he was a complete a$$hole. Not that I care about the crackhead either, but this is a case where karma bent everybody over, and they all deserved it. lol

As for the gun situation, honestly that has never crossed my mind. I have never thought about my gun being turned on my. I have always wondered if all that anti-gun self defense training I went through would actually work, but never if my gun would be taken from me to be used against me.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#31 Mar 7, 2011
There is no self-defense against a gun. Sure, you can learn a few moves, but those moves are only good if you're within striking range. Most people who will use a gun on you will do so at a reasonable distance. They won't go nose to nose with you and pull out a gun.

I disagree with you about that cop. I don't care what his attitude was, he apprehended a shoplifter which was his job. The guy died because he was on dope. However, if that officer had a taser. he would still be a cop in Maple Heights today. And that goes back to the original discussion of why police officers don't get into physical brawls with suspects when they can simply shoot the SOB. It's not worth getting your ass thrown in jail over it.

Reading the Neighborhood News, they report that each officer shot twice which is what they are trained to do. We can't keep making excuses for criminals.
sad but true

Hudson, OH

#32 Mar 13, 2011
Good job you did everything right except re-load your gun and shoot him 5 more times,and I dont care if he is white or black.
WPWP

Hudson, OH

#33 Mar 14, 2011
4 all you people white or black walk the straight line in life and you will be alright,if not 2 bad what ever happens 2 you.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34 Mar 15, 2011
It's what I've been saying all along. You want to stop these so-called racial police shootings? Want to stop this so-called police brutality? All you have to do is listen to everything the cop tells you to do, and you would put a stop to both of these situations.

All these police shootings and deaths have one thing in common: the suspect didn't listen to the police, but instead, challenged them.
WPWP

Hudson, OH

#35 Mar 15, 2011
xxxrayted Thank You,Iam glad someone feels that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) May 20 Travelinman 1,139
GARFIELD HEIGHTS: 15-year-old shot in church pa... (Mar '14) May 17 The Future 15
Cleveland Hts. Curfew (Jul '11) May 17 Diaryfoxx 76
hey ineed to ask a question (Aug '15) May 16 Ginger23 2
Is John J. Montello Up To No Good? (Sep '14) May 13 mapleman 22
First murder of the year already? (Jan '15) May 13 mapleman 17
Why does maple hts suck (Jan '15) May 13 mapleman 43
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garfield Heights Mortgages