Cloverleaf Speedway reunion set July ...

Cloverleaf Speedway reunion set July 16 in Parma

There are 7 comments on the West Side Sun story from Jul 2, 2010, titled Cloverleaf Speedway reunion set July 16 in Parma. In it, West Side Sun reports that:

Denny Hudock is encouraging Cloverleaf fans to bring their photo albums and scrapbooks to the speedway's reunion on July 16.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Side Sun.

Joe Van Domelen

Hudson, OH

#1 Jul 7, 2010
I am looking foward to stopping by,
I raced the old spectator and sports stocks back
in 1976-1980..
never ever had so much fun,,

It seems like it was not that long ago,

joe v
Rick Whitaker

Richmond, VA

#2 May 19, 2011
Long time Cloverleaf FAN. My Dad owned a car that ran in the Saturday night hardtop division. He bought from John Moore but, Jim Moore drove it for a while. Then Rich Klimzak #13 drove the car. It was an old Hudson Jet, not Hornet but Jet. I think I still have one of the trophys we won with the car. I also have a whole photo album of pictures from Cloverleaf. I would love to come to reunion one year. For years I ate, drank, slept racing at Cloverleaf. Both the hardtops and late models. Like I said my Dad either owned or work on some of Jim Moore's cars.
Maple Rich

Berea, OH

#3 Jul 1, 2011
I used to go to the speedway in the late '60s', early 1970s'. I'd go in the pits and help out. I remember the Moore bros., Mike Fontana, Lou Bacci, Ron Fike with his Mercury Cyclone with the reverse running engine and Oz Clingon. Those were the days. I can't remember if it was Jim or John Moore that drove the '62 Chevy that was called Moby Grape. There was a lot of good action on the track back then....and in the pits after a race too, if you know what I mean.
Jeannie Hagen Miscuda

Wellington, OH

#4 Oct 22, 2012
My brother was Dave Hagen, Car No.17, who won Mid-season and Season Championships during the early 1960's. Had photos of his many wins but they were stolen. Would love to get some new pictures as he is gone now. Can anyone help me out to get some pictures?
Maple Rich

Berea, OH

#5 Oct 23, 2012
I vaguely remember Dave Hagen racing at the Cloverleaf when I'd go down there. I looked all over Google though and couldn't find anything on him. There are some Dave Hagens there but I don't know if it's your brother. One had a machine shop and another a custom car shop.

Jeannie, could you tell me what kind of car(s) he ran? What city he was from?

Sorry about the pictures being stolen. That's something that's irreplaceable. It'd be nice if whoever has them if they'd give them back to you.
Jeannie Hagen Miscuda

Wellington, OH

#6 Oct 23, 2012
My brother, Dave Hagen drove a purple 1950 Ford flathead and raced against the Moore brothers, Ron Volk, and Ron Kingsmill, and many others. He originally came from Olmsted Falls and then lived in Columbia Station. I have an old newspaper article about him from the Berea News with him and his car and his trophies in 1963. Thank you for your response. If you know of anyone else that can help me, I would appreciate it very much.
roboman

Kent, OH

#8 Aug 24, 2015
Joe V
You still out there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) 8 hr mrdonut 1,146
Hands Up Dont Shoot (Aug '14) Mon South side 10
Challenge Anyone? Mar 6 Mahmoo Flaps 2
You Feel Safe Hiring A Black Now? (Jul '14) Feb '17 sandy 30
Noise ordinance (Jul '15) Jan '17 Thats Right 8
Siko family shot in late 80s Jan '17 Jat 1
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... Jan '17 Rochelle anthony 2

Garfield Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garfield Heights Mortgages