Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

How come we don't hear Sharpton and Jackson don't say anything on this?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/07/florida-...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Because if DumBama had any sons, they would look like the ones who were beating up that white kid.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

I like the part where the news people are sitting around and the black newsman asked the question,'where was Sharpton and Jackson when this white boy was getting beat up?' At least some blacks can see what's going on.

I think I'll post more black on white crimes on this post and see if any politicians or government people react to it. Yeah, they'll probably tell me to cut it out. LOL!
Maple Residents

Danville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

How about us as parents teach our children better and keep an better handle on them . Blacks get killed , robbed and that does not always seem to make the news. Some kids in this neighborhood are very disrespectful blacks and whites. So instead of asking where someone else is the question should be what can we do as a community to keep this from happening . Color should not be an issue a child was or could have been hurt and that's a bigger problem for me than color. For those using the race card its an excuse to hind behind your real issues with color . Everyone is equal we all need the same basic to serve in this world . It's up to the people to make a change and stop waiting on a politician to do it for us.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Thought I'd pass these stories along to the Topix readers to keep updated on what's going on, I mean since the Treyvon Martin story has fizzled out. Enjoy:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rnr/3996066830...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rnr/3991986856...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rnr/3996077660...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rnr/3990645131...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rnr/3990423533...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rnr/3994239922...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rnr/3994237754...

That last one is the one of those three animals on the bus beating the white kid because he wouldn't buy drugs off of them. The animal's pictures are shown in this one.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Maple Residents wrote:
How about us as parents teach our children better and keep an better handle on them . Blacks get killed , robbed and that does not always seem to make the news. Some kids in this neighborhood are very disrespectful blacks and whites. So instead of asking where someone else is the question should be what can we do as a community to keep this from happening . Color should not be an issue a child was or could have been hurt and that's a bigger problem for me than color. For those using the race card its an excuse to hind behind your real issues with color . Everyone is equal we all need the same basic to serve in this world . It's up to the people to make a change and stop waiting on a politician to do it for us.
It's not about respect or disrespect, it's about crime and criminal activity.

And it is about race. As anybody who's lived in this neighborhood 20 or 30 years ago will tell you, it was never anything like this back then. I can put up with disrespect, what I can't put up with is trash being tossed all over my lawn, stray dogs that could at times be violent, my local store getting robbed at gun point, my neighbors getting robbed right on the street at gun point, gang fights that require the entire police force to respond and sometimes police from surrounding suburbs. That's something I can't tolerate.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Someone from Columbus is using my name but with an 's' on the end. LOL!

Like xxx said Columbus Maple Residents, you have to live here in Maple Hts to understand what's going on. We have mostly blacks here and lots of crimes, crimes that we never had before they infiltrated the city like the cockroaches they are.

As for their parents taking charge of their kids, in Maple Hts I'm talking, why would they want to do that? They're kids go out and steal money for the family's drug habits. The kids steal jewelry for their mothers. The parents of these delinquents are to racist anyway to tell the kids to stop robbing people. Like the white people. They still hold a grudge on us for having their ancestors as slave 300 years ago. Even though most all of us had ancestors living either in Europe at the time or up here in the north. They never talk about the whites that worked for the under ground railroad that helped them get over the Mason/Dixon line, just the slave owners. Yeah, the slave owners who bought their slaves off of the slave ships that bought the slaves from African tribes so that tribe didn't have to be at war with them anymore. So, you see MHR's', it all goes back to slavery. The blacks here now hate the whites for it and that's called racism! The only way to fix this problem is to get the black parents to get off crack when they're pregnant and have harsher laws. You steal and get caught, the third time you get your hands cut off. You rape once, there goes your pecker. Gee, it almost sounds like I and a lot of other people are fed up with your crap, no? And for some good reading, read my #5 post.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Maple Resident wrote:
Someone from Columbus is using my name but with an 's' on the end. LOL!
Like xxx said Columbus Maple Residents, you have to live here in Maple Hts to understand what's going on. We have mostly blacks here and lots of crimes, crimes that we never had before they infiltrated the city like the cockroaches they are.
As for their parents taking charge of their kids, in Maple Hts I'm talking, why would they want to do that? They're kids go out and steal money for the family's drug habits. The kids steal jewelry for their mothers. The parents of these delinquents are to racist anyway to tell the kids to stop robbing people. Like the white people. They still hold a grudge on us for having their ancestors as slave 300 years ago. Even though most all of us had ancestors living either in Europe at the time or up here in the north.
Pretty much what I said to a black poster in another forum. He keeps bringing up lynchings, torture and slavery to excuse the evils of black people today.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TDVKDN...
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

So, if the blacks think it's ok to kill white people because of how their ancestors were treated 300 years ago, then I should be able to go to Germany and Japan and kill Germans and Japanese because they were shooting at my dad and uncle and some other relatives in World War II! A couple relatives were killed there too, just as I had a couple relatives killed in the Civil War as they were fighting on the North side as Union Soldiers so they could free the ancestors of the gas station robbers we now have. But, I've met a lot of Japanese and German people through the years and they were all very, very kind hearted and and very well mannered. I never really heard of a German or a Japanese robbing a gas station and killing people. I only hear that of the blacks.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Maple Resident wrote:
So, if the blacks think it's ok to kill white people because of how their ancestors were treated 300 years ago, then I should be able to go to Germany and Japan and kill Germans and Japanese because they were shooting at my dad and uncle and some other relatives in World War II! A couple relatives were killed there too, just as I had a couple relatives killed in the Civil War as they were fighting on the North side as Union Soldiers so they could free the ancestors of the gas station robbers we now have. But, I've met a lot of Japanese and German people through the years and they were all very, very kind hearted and and very well mannered. I never really heard of a German or a Japanese robbing a gas station and killing people. I only hear that of the blacks.
Excuses are like azzholes; everybody has one.

When they start to talk about being disadvantaged because of poverty, I tell them of how my father and his six siblings grew up. They lived in a house smaller than my three car garage. Their mother died early on, so the elderly children helped support the younger ones.

They grew up with no electricity or gas in Garfield Heights. They had an outhouse in the back yard. If you had to go in the middle of a winter night, you must have really had to go. The outhouse didn't even have a roof on it.

Yes, they were on welfare, but welfare back then was the kids taking their red wagon to the fire station where the firemen would fill it up with fruits and vegetables.

In spite of that, my father nor his siblings were ever in jail. Most all of them learned a trade and became successful husbands, fathers and wives. All the men of the family severed in the military just because there was food which they didn't have at times growing up.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Back in the early 80s' I had a house in Streetsboro and I lost my job because the shop had no work. There was a recession going on and no jobs were available, not even at McDonald's sweeping floors. And to do things like cut people's grass, paint fences, work on their cars, no one wanted to pay anything so I eventually lost my house. But while I was there, I went through many a day with no food at all. I didn't apply for welfare or food stamps because I was too proud. And one thing I surely didn't do was break into houses or rob gas stations. That thought never crossed my mind. But then again I didn't have ancestors 300 years ago that were slaves.
Smith

Hudson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about respect or disrespect, it's about crime and criminal activity.
And it is about race. As anybody who's lived in this neighborhood 20 or 30 years ago will tell you, it was never anything like this back then. I can put up with disrespect, what I can't put up with is trash being tossed all over my lawn, stray dogs that could at times be violent, my local store getting robbed at gun point, my neighbors getting robbed right on the street at gun point, gang fights that require the entire police force to respond and sometimes police from surrounding suburbs. That's something I can't tolerate.
I second that.1970-2002 Maple was great place to live in 1970s and the 1980s you black people ducked it up.And thats the a FACT..
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Maple Resident wrote:
Back in the early 80s' I had a house in Streetsboro and I lost my job because the shop had no work. There was a recession going on and no jobs were available, not even at McDonald's sweeping floors. And to do things like cut people's grass, paint fences, work on their cars, no one wanted to pay anything so I eventually lost my house. But while I was there, I went through many a day with no food at all. I didn't apply for welfare or food stamps because I was too proud. And one thing I surely didn't do was break into houses or rob gas stations. That thought never crossed my mind. But then again I didn't have ancestors 300 years ago that were slaves.
Agreed. People call this past recession the worst of modern times. WTF were these people in the early 80's?

I too was out of work and couldn't collect unemployment because I got pzzed off at my employer and quit. You are correct, there weren't even any McDonald's jobs around.

I applied for welfare, but after talking with the welfare worker downtown, I walked out of the place and told her to stick her welfare. They bugged me for a year to come back and finish applying. They wouldn't leave me alone.

I was a frequent customer of Tommy's Pizza, so I asked him if he had any work, and he let me deliver pizzas under the table. I worked for mostly tips and gas allowance during the evenings.

I had to think real hard, but I thought to myself "somebody must need a person like me to do some work." That's when it hit me to apply at every temporary agency in town.

Manpower finally called me. It payed minimum wage, but something was better than nothing. When they sent me to a job site, I worked like I was getting paid $20.00 per hour while the other manpower workers were walking off the job or barely moving if at all.

Manpower started to get great feedback on my work, so I was moved to the top of the list of workers to call. I was working every day at different places around the city. They even wanted me to work night shift too, but I was still working for Tommy's at night.

That was the worst recession of recent times if you ask me.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

They didn't talk much of the recession of the 80s' when it was happening. I was working at the time at a factory where it was mandatory we work 6 days a week. So when I got laid off, I had no idea there were no jobs out there.

And back in, I believe, 1946, the Government passed a ruling that they would make sure there are jobs for any people who wanted to work. I can't remember what that ruling was called, I'll have to keep trying to find it on line. But, it didn't seem to work out too well in the 1980s' and in the last 10 years either. It worked out great for China, Mexico and other foreign countries though.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

At the time, I was delivering medical equipment to homes, nursing homes and hospitals. The medical industry has no idea of the outside world. People don't quit getting sick just because the economy is bad, so I was working 6 days a week, 10 hour days at times.

Had I known how bad it was beyond the medical industry, I probably wouldn't have quit my job. But like many 20 year olds, I thought I knew it all. But I learned some lessons back then that I use until this day.

I learned never to quit a job unless you have a replacement. Don't get all hot headed and have the "I'll teach you" attitude. Suck it up and teach your employer when you have a replacement job.

I also learned that no matter how much you like what you're doing, you need time off of work. I believe one of the reasons I flew off the handle is because I never took a vacation. I never became sick back then so I never took time off for anything. I always cashed in my vacation pay.

No matter how pizzed off I get at work, I remember what I learned back then. I also never cash in my vacation pay. I take all two weeks off whether I need the money or not.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Employers really know when it's hard to get another job out there so they like to stick it to the workers and treat them like crap. The last place I worked at treated us like we were some kind of POW's'.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

I know that feeling.

My employer unfortunately hired his brother. Now he hired his son. I'm sure both are overpaid and not being as productive as non-family employees.

Once I approached my employer with a complaint about his brother being in charge. Yelling at me, he responded that it's none of my business and I don't know WTF I'm talking about since I'm not inside seeing what's going on. He said "just do the job I'm paying you to do!"

Little does he know that I understand more what's going on more than he does. I hear the complaints of our customers. I see that we are doing work we aren't making any money on. I know of the F-offs in our company that screw around all day looking to get out of work or dragging the job they have for as long as they can get away with it.

What choice do I have other than to keep my mouth shut as he instructed? But the only reason he said that to me is because of the economy. Not to brag, but he knows my work is superior.

Our company continues to go downhill. In recent months, my employer found out that his brother can't handle the job on his own, so promoted another driver to help his brother out. Now he once again increased his prices and lost customers in the process. Somebody has to pay for two people doing the job of one and other employees doing half of the job other employees do.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

I've seen things like that first hand too, xxx. I saw people get hired too, because of their skin color, that wasn't qualified for the job. And then people wonder why they get a lousy product.

It used to be that if someone's hired for a job, it's because they're qualified to do the job, not because they're someones relative or black. I've worked a couple places where I was teamed up with a slacker and I was expected to make up the difference. They'd get the same pay as me but do 60% or less work. I'm glad I'm retired and don't have to put up with that and 'Nazi Prison Guard' type supervisors!
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

If I ever do look for another job, one of the things I will definitely ask about is nepotism in the company. I don't like that business model.

Having my own side business, I would never involve family and business. It's just a bad combination.

When I purchased my rental properties, I had relatives ask if they could live here. One even asked if I would store his junk in my garage or basement. I just politely made up some excuse why I wouldn't make my property available to them.

Because of that, I don't have to worry about making enemies in the family by evicting or throwing their stuff out because they were not paying me. I don't have to take the losses because I don't want to pzz off members of my family. My family is my family and my business is my business.

Deep down inside, my employer knows I'm right. I'm not the only employee that told him about his brother. One guy even quit the company because of it, and he was there for along time.

Now what is he supposed to do? Fire his own brother? He backed himself into a corner that he can't really get out of. That's a position I would never want to be in which is why I have a separate family and business policy.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Your employer could give his brother menial jobs or do what companies do when someone screws up all the time. Promote him. Kick him upstairs and give him a paper job. Or, if your employer knows his brother's screwing things up, he should sit down and discuss it with him. Brother or not, the employer has a business to run and he doesn't need anyone, friend of family, ruining what he built up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Garfield Heights Discussions

Search the Garfield Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 26 min Duke for Mayor 25,364
Police Blotter: Jehovah's Witnesses Told They a... (Oct '11) 16 hr Idiot Watch 732
Another Gas Station Murder in Maple Hts 21 hr Maple Resident 36
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Apr 19 mjjcpa 170
Daycare Worker Sentenced For Throwing Child (Dec '09) Apr 18 You dont know nothing 59
Down Town Thuglets Apr 17 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 3
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr 15 squid 118
•••
•••
•••
•••

Garfield Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Garfield Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance