Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2013
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#1 Feb 19, 2012
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO)-
Cleveland Police are investigating after a fight in a bar on Rockwell turns deadly.

Police say they were called to Tavo Bar around 2:20 a.m. for a male shot. Once on scene the located the victim in a restroom with a gunshot wound to his stomach.

EMS transported the victim, identified as 28-year-old Antwon Shannon of Garfield Heights to MetroHealth Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Police say there was a fight involving multiple people inside the bar and after it was broken up, Shannon was found in the restroom bleeding.

http://www.woio.com/story/16969357/bar-fights...
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#2 Feb 19, 2012
Not much as changed with clubs since I stopped going. After midnight, people are drunk and full of liquid courage. Your chances of being in a fight or a shooting skyrocket.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3 Feb 19, 2012
Well, it only goes to prove my earlier point where blacks from the suburb run back to the city when they want to mingle. They don't want to burn their bridges or be considered an Uncle Tom of any sorts.
mapleman

Bedford, OH

#4 Feb 19, 2012
XXX, the bar is in the Flats. Whites run there as well as colored people. lol
get you facts straight

Cleveland, OH

#5 Feb 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
Well, it only goes to prove my earlier point where blacks from the suburb run back to the city when they want to mingle. They don't want to burn their bridges or be considered an Uncle Tom of any sorts.
you should
get you facts straight

Cleveland, OH

#6 Feb 20, 2012
xxxrated you should get your facts straight and shut the f...!!!!!up this man was working at that club so dont talk about how blacks from the burbs run to the night clubs to mingle you are ignorant and dont know what the hell your talking about.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#7 Feb 20, 2012
I'm only going by what the story said. It made no mention of him working. And Mapleman and I were having a discussion a few weeks ago about blacks who move to the burbs and don't break of their connection with inner-city family and friends. That's what I meant by the comment. So if you don't understand the conversation, you shut the F up.
John

United States

#8 Feb 21, 2012
You blacks fu## everything up..........
James

Mooresville, NC

#9 Mar 1, 2012
mapleman wrote:
XXX, the bar is in the Flats. Whites run there as well as colored people. lol
White they are not,they are white wiggers.
Boogy Knights

Beachwood, OH

#10 Apr 3, 2012
The thing is, read the papers and watch the tv news and see what's happening. All I mostly see are stories on blacks killing people. If a black kills a white or any other race, it's no big deal. But if a black is killed by a white cop because the black was shooting at people, everyone from that black's whole family,(except the father who no one knows who it is), to Al Sharpton will be on the tv news, crying about how their boy was trying so hard to turn his life around. Well, he did good! He turned his life from a criminal to something more useful, fertilizer.
need to know bases

Cleveland, OH

#11 Aug 20, 2012
if that was true blacks are doing all the killings than why does histery and jail records state whites are the largest inmates and death charts
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#12 Aug 20, 2012
need to know bases wrote:
if that was true blacks are doing all the killings than why does histery and jail records state whites are the largest inmates and death charts
Because whites are the majority of people in this country. Blacks are only 13%, yet have a larger percentage of murders and deaths.

http://beinglatino.files.wordpress.com/2010/0...
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#13 Aug 21, 2012
need to know bases wrote:
Historically, there isn't a race that can compare to the violence whites have perpetrated. No other race on the planet has wiped out whole ethnic groups of people. When is the last time you've witnessed a Native American family out and about? lol

That said, there currently is an abnormal amount of violence in the black community. While some of it is due to the racist ways of the U.S., a large part of it could be done away with if the black community would take more personal responsibility.

msa1walkingangel

Cleveland, OH

#14 Dec 6, 2012
This here article has nothing to do with people coming from the suburbs and coming to the inner city to mingle....This here man that got killed was a father to two and he was out trying to enjoy himself...People are so naive to the fact...He lost his life due to ignorance and that is very sad....I just got done watching the first 48hrs and seen the video going back to that tragedy...It is very sad to see...that he lost his life over nothing...Also he wanted to make a difference in this cruel world....This man wanted to be a police officer to change the ways of the street...I mean this article was about him but when I read some of these comments some people got way off of subject....Let's stick to the topic...a father of two...a son...and friend/best friend.../relative to someone was killed for no reason...THIS HERE SHOULD BE A WAKE UP CALL TO SOME PEOPLE....BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE OUT THERE...YOUR INTENTIONS MAY BE GOOD BUT SOMEONE ELSE'S MAYN'T BE....I WANT YO SEND MY CONDOLENCES TO THE SHANNON FAMILY....MAY THE GOOD LORD HEAL YOUR PAIN...AND I WILL BE PRAYING FOR THIS FAMILY....TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS!!!
Vasco

United States

#15 Jan 14, 2013
I grew up with antwon on E93rd, he did some shady shit to me, I new karma would get him but neva did I thnk it would b like this, he didnt deserve death.
Josie Wales

Beachwood, OH

#16 Jan 30, 2013
Now Garfield has to go out and get another black to replace the one they lost.
Serenity

Willoughby, OH

#17 Dec 25, 2013
Some of u ppl with ur ignorant comments that's racial need to stfu and grow up no race is better than the other and there maybe a lot of blacks killing ppl but there are a lot of whites killing to it doesn't matter the color u are if u are a murderer ur a murderer h can be any color from the burbs the city or a different state I wish everyone would just get along is that so hard grow up
Sigmund Froid

Cleveland, OH

#18 Dec 26, 2013
Serenity wrote:
Some of u ppl with ur ignorant comments that's racial need to stfu and grow up no race is better than the other and there maybe a lot of blacks killing ppl but there are a lot of whites killing to it doesn't matter the color u are if u are a murderer ur a murderer h can be any color from the burbs the city or a different state I wish everyone would just get along is that so hard grow up
We been trained by you black people to be racists because that's what you are. For instance, my neighbor's kids ransack my yard on a daily basis. They play that rap shxt loud all day long and at night. Their friends and relatives visit them at all hours of the day and night, throwing cigarette butts into my yard and food wrappers. They drive onto my lawn when they miss their driveway and let their pit bull crap in my yard without cleaning it up. And then they wonder why 'I don't get along with them'!

Have you watched the tv news lately? Every day some black is killing someone. A couple months ago, two guys that were brothers were shooting at each other and hit a little girl. Blacks don't care where the bullets go. If they hit some one innocent, oh well, shouldn't have been standing there. Your fault. And when they get caught by the PO-lice, and they're crying, it's not because they killed someone, it's because they got caught!

And you ever notice how when one kills someone and there's 900 witnesses, the killer still says, "Ah didnts doo NUTTIN!" They never take responsibility for their actions. And neither do the parents. It's always 'Not MAH keedz!"

Yeah, blacks and whites don't get along because when you move into an all white neighborhood, crime goes up but you think that's normal. We're not used to having our homes broken into or robbed as we walk down the street or sucker punched by blacks playing that knock out game.(And by the way, when ever a black hits a white person, and the white person pulls out a gun and shoots the black, that's not fair to you blacks now, is it?)

So maybe one day 200 years from now when you blacks learn to act like humans instead of some wild animals from the jungle that your ancestors came from, you'll fit in better. So don't blame the whites for your problems. Act human and it'll get you farther.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

#19 Dec 27, 2013
I agree with you, Sig. I have goofy neighbors like you have too. They do the strangest things. Mine always wash their cars in the same spot in their drive and then the water washes all their top soil out of the side of their house and down their drive. Then they walk through it and get mud all over the rest of their drive and probably in their house too. The one day after washing two cars, they stood there staring at the mud in their drive, just staring at it for a while, as if they were trying to figure out where it came from. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 40 min Slumlord Weather ... 30,591
Is John J. Montello Up To No Good? 3 hr Mapleman 1
W8GC, Yes, he really is that "UGLY" 4 hr CLS SERVICE INCOR... 2
Petition Gets Enough Signatures: Law Director S... 4 hr Mapleman 5
cuyahoga amateur radio society sucks 6 hr Richard 11
The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) 21 hr Nimrod 33 1,011
Watch this video on Obama Sun Mapleman 2
•••
•••
•••

Garfield Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000