First Prev
of 2
Next Last
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#1 Mar 5, 2013
Homicide: Body found in Maple Heights apartment complex

MAPLE HEIGHTS, OH (WOIO)-
Maple Heights Police are investigating a death at an apartment complex in the city.

According to police a friend of the victim called and asked they do a welfare check.

When they arrived at 2008 Clare Avenue Tuesday afternoon, they found the 53-year old woman dead.

The property manager and friend of the victim can't believe she's dead.

"It's really sad. I've known her so long. She never bothered nobody. She was a nice, polite person. All of us are going to miss her. We saw her on a daily basis," said a friend of the victim.

Investigators are not yet releasing the name of the victim. They are trying to notify her family.

They will not say how she died but are calling it a homicide.

Sources close to the investigation tell 19 Action News the victim was stabbed over 50 times.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/21525349/po...
Dini

Northfield, OH

#2 Mar 5, 2013
SAD SAD SAD but not shocked in that city it sure has gone to hell not like in the 70s and 80s.
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#3 Mar 6, 2013
Someone she knew probably. Took a lot of fury to stab her 50 times.
MrJohnson

Hudson, OH

#4 Mar 6, 2013
Sure hope that it is Black on Black crime. lol lol
MapleWoman

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 6, 2013
Dini wrote:
SAD SAD SAD but not shocked in that city it sure has gone to hell not like in the 70s and 80s.
^^S0 TRUE..!!^^
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#6 Mar 7, 2013
mapleman wrote:
Someone she knew probably. Took a lot of fury to stab her 50 times.
Not too much detail right now. Didn't say if the door was opened, closed or broken into. They always tell you to go back to the web site for updates, but it seems they always forget about the story and move to something else.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#7 Mar 10, 2013
Probably had something to do with drugs. Usually does. That or money.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#8 Mar 10, 2013
If she let the murderer in, no doubt.
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#10 Mar 10, 2013
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013...

They have a suspect. Probably a boyfriend.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#11 Mar 12, 2013
According to what I see on the news on tv about murders, it's very rare that someone kills someone and gets away with it. There's always evidence, DNA, a witness or the killer blabs to his friends about who he killed. I guess these killers now either don't watch the news or they're so stupid, they just can't think logically.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#12 Mar 13, 2013
Do you really think these types actually watch murder mysteries or detective shows?

Much like when the police tell them to stop and because they don't, they end up getting shot or killed, they always think they know better. It's like a friend of mine that works in the justice center told me: 98% of all bank robbers get caught. It's just that the news hardly mentions it.

Yet, sometime this week or next, some dope is going to rob a bank thinking they can get away with it.
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#13 Mar 13, 2013
Maple Resident wrote:
According to what I see on the news on tv about murders, it's very rare that someone kills someone and gets away with it. There's always evidence, DNA, a witness or the killer blabs to his friends about who he killed. I guess these killers now either don't watch the news or they're so stupid, they just can't think logically.
You're wrong. Now, 35 percent of murders are unsolved. That is a huge. You have a good chance of getting away with murder in the U.S. Of the 65 percent that are solved, some of those people tell on themselves by talking to the police and not requesting an attorney.

Local police aren't that bright. They rely on confidential informants to solve cases. If they actually have to solve a case themselves, it's a joke. The feds are the smart ones when it comes to law enforcement.

Remember, in years past it was easier to pin a murder on someone and get away with it. DNA testing hurts LE more than it helps them(as far as clearance goes). The more sophisticated the forensics, the less likely you can pin a murder on someone who didn't do it. This is why they want databases on people.

----------
Despite dramatic improvements in DNA analysis and forensic science, police fail to make an arrest in more than one-third of all homicides. National clearance rates for murder and manslaughter have fallen from about 90 percent in the 1960s to below 65 percent in recent years.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/crime/unsolv...
----------
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14 Mar 26, 2013
Man sought in Maple Heights homicide

MAPLE HEIGHTS, OH (WOIO)-
Shortly after midnight on Wednesday, March 6, the Maple Heights Police Department received a call of a fight in the parking lot of a bar at 19807 Libby Road, Wrap City. There were further reports of shots fired and vehicles leaving the area.

Upon police arrival, 23-year-old Emanuel Lawrence was found lying in the lot. He had been shot.

Two vehicles had been identified as leaving the area. One of the vehicles, a 1996 Black Chevy Tahoe, fled eastbound on Libby Road to Warrensville Center Road. Maple Heights Police stopped this vehicle and arrested the driver, Gregory Carter. Carter had been shot in the arm.

The passenger in the vehicle that Gregory Carter was driving fled the stop on foot and eluded capture.

Carter was taken into custody and taken to the hospital where he was treated and released. After further investigation, Carter was charged with murder.

The passenger who fled the scene of the stop has not been identified. The unidentified man is described as a dark complexioned black man, possibly in his early twenties, approximately six feet tall, medium build, and having chin length dreadlock-style hair.

The victim, Emanuel Lawrence, was transported to Metro Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

The man who fled the traffic stop has not been identified or charged. Information is sought as to the identity of the unknown man that fled from Carter's Chevy Tahoe.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/21797731/ma...
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#15 Mar 26, 2013
I see Maple Heights still hasn't leaned on those clubs as I suggested. It was just 20 years ago you couldn't get hood people to club in Maple Heights. The police were known for not putting up with it. They would sit in the parking lot. LOL People didn't want that. Now the police don't care(they don't live in the city...why should they).

One important piece of making Maple Heights safe is eliminating night life. Well, nightlife that attracts hood elements.

I remember hearing jokes back in the day that the place in question was a gay bar. That was when it was a white bar. Now it's another hood spot.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16 Mar 26, 2013
Maple Heights has closed down a few bars that were known problems. But they can't close them all down. I believe this one on Libby had problems in the past with a murder, and they shut that one down. Obviously, it's under new management with the same problems.

Maple Heights also canceled fireworks on the fourth because of the problems they had with kids there. We don't have fireworks any longer.

But you know....... shutting down bars, restaurants, stores all because of crime isn't a solution. Before you know it, everything is shut down. That's how it becomes a ghetto.
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#17 Mar 27, 2013
I never said to shut them down. I'm saying to make it known that Maple Heights isn't a city to club in. That's how it was in the 90s. Eliminate the nightlife that attracts people from Cleveland. Make it unfriendly for thugs. There are plenty of people who would enjoy a night out without the thugs. Instead of parking at the fire station, park at the bar. LOL I've seen police do it before. Linndale was able to stop a hood bar that was forming out there by leaning on it.

But if you were getting a paycheck regardless of how well you performed, you'd probably choose to sit at the fire station or bank too. I know I would. Why risk your life when you don't have to?

It's the same attitude that was responsible for telling residents to move if they don't like the noise(every poster who graced this forum can verify that). But those same police appear out of thin air if your taillight goes out.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18 Mar 27, 2013
So if our busy police sit around bars and other establishments trying to make a presence causing customers to avoid the place, how is that different from just shutting them down? After all, if regulars don't want to patron a business because of police oversight, they will leave and the business has no customers. No customers--no money.

Where are these people that just want to enjoy a night out willing to tolerate surveillance from police? After all, if you are going to a bar, you are drinking. If you are drinking, you don't need police following you around when you leave. I've lived here most of my adult life, and even if I'm walking home, I don't want to go to such a bar only to be harassed by the cops.

Clevelanders don't come here because we have reasonable drink prices. They come here because their friends moved here and they know people in the bar. With that, they bring their guns and problems from the ghetto.

These are ramifications caused from fair housing laws and the inability of homeowners and landlords to discriminate against those who are potential problem makers. The problems are not caused by the police, nor the owners of these bars. They are caused by an open invitation to lowlifes to live in our city (by these laws) and bring their lowlife family and friends with them.

Police are only good after a crime is committed. A business (like landlords and homeowners) are not allowed to discriminate against problem makers until they actually cause a problem. Our police don't have the ability to monitor all businesses either. Trust me, I listen to my police scanner constantly.

Citizens have the ability to improve their neighborhood and prevent crime--if they are legally allowed to do so. If they can't (as current law prohibits) then the only result is a suburb turning ghetto because the people can't be trusted to police their own community.
mapleman

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#19 Mar 28, 2013
I think you're confused. The key is to get people from Cleveland not wanting to hang out in Maple. You won't shut down the bars(at least all of them). You will just make them less attractive to thugs. Once word is out, people won't hang in Maple. Any thugs here will go elsewhere. That's how it was in the 90s. Garfield and Maple had reputations as being places to avoid.

It's the same thing I said about police employing tactics used by Cleveland police. When boys are hanging out on the corner, they can be put up against a wall and frisked by Cleveland police. That doesn't happen in Maple.

It's not hard to make a city unattractive to hang out in. I've witnessed whole sections of Cleveland cleaned up when the police want to clean the streets up(think stop and frisk in New York). They make it impossible for thugs to exist.

Maple is small and can easily be dealt with. But the police have to have incentive. Why would I want to work harder when I don't have to? If I were a Maple Heights policeman, I'd operate the same way. I'd just make the occasional traffic stop and sit in the bank parking lot. I wouldn't actively be policing. I'm getting paid either way. Why not surf the net on my smartphone while I'm sitting in a parking lot? LOL

If New York didn't have police actively policing, would it only have 400 murders? If the police just sat around making occasional traffic stops, the murder rate would probably be double or triple. Instead, the police actively police and have low crime rates.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20 Mar 28, 2013
Oh, I can see Maple police getting accused of racism because they are stopping groups of black people, putting them against the wall and searching them. I'm sure the Mayor would be quite pleased with that while trying to explain this to his black constituents.

I know for a fact our police work very hard. On Sunday's when things simmer down a bit, they are out doing traffic stops trying to sift through drivers looking for lowlifes driving in our city. When they are not doing that, they form a small team and go to homes and serve warrants to those that screwed the court by not showing up. During most evenings, they patrol targeted areas which they call Special Attention and do that several times a night.

Suburbs are not like big cities where they have big city lawyers and capable of handling a racial lawsuit. Let me give you an example:

A few years ago, the Cleveland Heights Mayor created a new law of a 6:00 pm curfew. The blacks in the suburb were outraged claiming that the curfew was designed for black kids. Of course it was, but there was no wording saying that in the law, it's just that black and white people both know who the law was designed for.

After a while, the Mayor had to rescind the law. It was either that or face the likelihood of not getting reelected again. That's what goes on in small cities and suburbs.
Maple Resident

Beachwood, OH

#21 Apr 30, 2013
How many murders we up to now? Anyone know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
W8GC, I shit my pants (Oct '14) 23 hr Sherrie Kolman 6
WB8N, Thomas Wayne, VIOLENT ham radio operator. Apr 22 Larry Robison 2
Captain for over 25 Years for Newburgh hts Pol... (Jun '10) Apr 20 Observer 15
Homeless & lonely. Apr 17 Monica Schneck 4
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) Apr 16 truejustice54 1,072
Tina Check's DEBT Apr 16 SENILE K8VJG 2
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Apr 13 swedenforever 112
More from around the web

Garfield Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]