Corruption at Local City Halls Discov...

Corruption at Local City Halls Discovered by State Auditor's Invest...

There are 13 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jul 21, 2010, titled Corruption at Local City Halls Discovered by State Auditor's Invest.... In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

An investigation by State Auditor Mary Taylor has uncovered a new layer of corruption at two local city halls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

Kayla Burnette

Pillager, MN

#1 Jul 21, 2010
Council hires auditor
Posted 7/01/10 (Thu)
Council hires auditor
Burnette named auditor, Berg retiring
By MARVIN BAKER
EDITOR
During a special New Town City Council meeting held Monday, Kayla Burnette was named city auditor.
Review of applicants for auditor was one of four items on the agenda that included a review of the Three Affiliated Tribes Game and Fish animal control contract, a review of New Town’s liquor licenses and a water plant operator vacancy.
Burnette, who was hired several months ago as assistant city auditor, had been acting as city auditor since early May. On Monday night, the council approved of the work she has done and voted to hire her as the full-time auditor.
LuD

Wickliffe, OH

#2 Jul 21, 2010
Are we surprised by this???
B James

Vermilion, OH

#3 Jul 21, 2010
Get real, "corruption in government" why that's all they seem to be there for, surely not for us! We be given them the blank checks too.
Rob Stauber

United States

#4 Jul 21, 2010
Solon Home Days will begin on Thursday and anybody can see how the "new" Solon looks like these days since it will be safe to say that the majority of folk attending this circus will be from the nearby hamlets of Bedford, Bedford Heights, Maple Heights, Oakwood and Warrensville Heights to only name a few of the fine law abiding towns that border the "new and improved" city of Solon.
Dawn Burke

Newton Falls, OH

#5 Jul 22, 2010
Glad you are presenting the facts!!
Brenda

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jul 22, 2010
LuD wrote:
Are we surprised by this???
Not at all.
Harold Jackson

Brook Park, OH

#7 Jul 22, 2010
???
majickkitty

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2010
They should check into Parma also. Was in the Sun Post last week that its going to cost over $300,000 for cement work around Parma City Hall! Wonder who's relative got this contract!
Paulette

West Portsmouth, OH

#9 Jul 22, 2010
I don't know why I came here tonight. I don't know how this all got started. I'm sad and disappointed.
hobb

Cleveland, OH

#10 Jul 22, 2010
This is why taxes need to be abolished all together. Abolish all taxes and abolish all local government...we have too many layers of government in this country: Fed, State, County, Local...don't need all this government and all these people working for it.
Guess

Cleveland, OH

#11 Jul 22, 2010
Thats-a because of the spice meatballs
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#12 Jul 22, 2010
Funny how many of the people involved in this massive taxpayer rip off have last names that end in a vowel. LOL!!!

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Jul 22, 2010
I am shocked !!!!!(I hope y'all see the sarcasm there).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southgate has to be done. (Jun '09) Sun Modernguy 49
Cuyahoga Amateur Radio Society (WB8N) (Aug '14) Sep 7 Zamwell III 5
WB8N, Thomas Wayne, VIOLENT ham radio operator. (Apr '15) Sep 7 Zamwell III 8
Poll Best bar in Northfield/Macedonia/Sagamore (Oct '07) Aug '17 louy 40
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... (Jan '17) Aug '17 WestVee 7
News Kidnapping of teenager was a hoax (Apr '06) Jul '17 Ghost Atmore 14
News GOP bill would let churches endorse political c... Jul '17 Retribution 54

Garfield Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garfield Heights Mortgages