Christ of Ozarks dark after 45 years

Christ of Ozarks dark after 45 years

There are 11 comments on the NWAonline story from Dec 10, 2012, titled Christ of Ozarks dark after 45 years. In it, NWAonline reports that:

Rain clouds roll past the Christ of the Ozarks statue in this A le photo from Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NWAonline.

justsayin

Paragould, AR

#1 Dec 10, 2012
I think it's awful,and,I think that it's a real statement when a town can let something like this happen,IMO.

Since: Nov 12

United States

#2 Dec 13, 2012
I hate to say it, but the Great Passion Play had been mismanaged for many years. They allowed this to happen from within.

Christians for a long time supported the Play, but you can't continue to funnel money into a poorly operated non-for-profit and get no return. There are better ways to fund the cause of Christ. John Cross is a Christian, but also a good business man. He had no choice but to foreclose on the property.
justsayin

Paragould, AR

#3 Dec 13, 2012
Well I didn't mean the play closing.It looks like the town could pay the light bill for the statue to be lit at night,but,I guess that would eventually rouse the ACLU to come to town,and,other business owners that may be struggling would also say it is favoritism,and,the city can't do it.Probably no private citizens or groups are able to afford it or interested either.That's all I meant.In retrospect,it is probably a romanticized idea that can't work in reality,but,too bad anyway.

Since: Nov 12

Palmer, TX

#4 Dec 14, 2012
The GPP is not within the city limits. Furthermore, it is not the city government's responsibility to pay for any electricity other than their own. This is truly an issue of Church and State, unlike all the other BS people come up with. Many churches in the area have funneled a lot of bucks to keep it open. The human need, according to Jesus, is far more important. Feeding the poor, providing medical care, etc. Walk the walk, not talk the talk. This is something Christians across America need to discover.
justsayin

Eureka Springs, AR

#5 Dec 14, 2012
In town for the weekend,we see that the statue is lit,so,nanny nanny BOO BOO,"hipster." YAY JESUS
Chance Eppinette

Eureka Springs, AR

#6 Dec 15, 2012
Private donations have allowed the statue to be lit during the Christmas holidays. Uncertain after that.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#7 Feb 4, 2013
That thing is hidious. You should blow it up! A nice retirement community would bring in more revenue.
justsayin

Trumann, AR

#8 Feb 16, 2013
Yeah,there really is a lot there to attract retired folks,LOW COST living,no motorcycle gangs rolling into town,plenty of parking,lots to do,what a JOKE!!! LOL The Jesus Statue isn't bothering anybody standing up there.At least he's straight.

Location hidden

#9 Feb 20, 2013
justsayin wrote:
Yeah,there really is a lot there to attract retired folks,LOW COST living,no motorcycle gangs rolling into town,plenty of parking,lots to do,what a JOKE!!! LOL The Jesus Statue isn't bothering anybody standing up there.At least he's straight.
I perfer straight to guys too. Can't say I blame you. So much easier to to train! Lol

Location hidden

#10 Feb 20, 2013
You should move to Branson. They have plenty of straight guys there. They hang around the mens rooms at the park. They are so needy.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 20, 2013
It is one of the ugliest statues on the planet. It looks like a milk carton with a Jesus head. The arms are out of proportion. Please let's be rid of it! We could put a statue of David instead. The human body is gods most beautiful creations. I would worship the heck out of it myself!! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wedding chapels 21 hr melissa 1
New to the area Nov '16 4u2nv 1
Kitchnette Nov '16 Dorothy 1
Bambudda Buffet 2701 W Walnut (May '16) Oct '16 Corman1270 7
Josh Duggard (May '15) Oct '16 Ex-fan 14
Corvette Weekend Oct '16 Huey 1
Concerned (Feb '16) Oct '16 Innocent bystander 3

Garfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance