Gardnerville man arrested on drug cha...

Gardnerville man arrested on drug charges

There are 12 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Dec 14, 2007, titled Gardnerville man arrested on drug charges. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

A Gardnerville man was booked into the Douglas County jail in Minden Thursday and charged with the posession and sale of marijuana, as well as a Washoe County probation violation, according to a news release ... via Reno Gazette-Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

ALPHA MALE

Sparks, NV

#1 Dec 15, 2007
Sentence this scumbag to death. We need to send a message to the weak and stupid that consume thier lives with drugs.
anotherguy

Bronx, NY

#2 Dec 31, 2007
WOW whats makes YOU alpha? lmao
ALPHA MALE

Reno, NV

#3 Jan 3, 2008
anotherguy wrote:
WOW whats makes YOU alpha? lmao
LOL, They had a job opening so I applied and was hired. LOL.
gues who

AOL

#4 Jan 6, 2008
alfhabet male works for reno 911
David Hammond

Dayton, NV

#5 Jan 8, 2008
Typical Reno discussions, from a low I.Q, Republician dominated, blue-collar town.

Reno knows mainly three things:
1. Do drugs (Sun Valley, North Valleys)
2. Do construction (blindly build, especially where a flood plain exists, i.e. Fernley)
3. Drink beer and beat up people (highly violent people in this hick town-not sure what causes it besides low I.Q. and construction trades).

“Greetings from the Twin Cities”

Since: Apr 07

Bloomington, MN

#6 Jan 9, 2008
A month long investigation... I wonder how much money and man-hours that amounts to.
I also wonder if that cost (and the subsequent cost of trial and incarceration) is really what the citizens want this money to be spent on... Shouldn't the cops be concerned with violent and property crimes FIRST?
ALPHA MALE

Reno, NV

#7 Jan 9, 2008
nakedlobo wrote:
A month long investigation... I wonder how much money and man-hours that amounts to.
I also wonder if that cost (and the subsequent cost of trial and incarceration) is really what the citizens want this money to be spent on... Shouldn't the cops be concerned with violent and property crimes FIRST?
Drug use is the leading cause of violent crimes. So you think we should turn the other cheek? Take another bong hit.
ALPHA MALE

Reno, NV

#8 Jan 9, 2008
David Hammond wrote:
Typical Reno discussions, from a low I.Q, Republician dominated, blue-collar town.
Reno knows mainly three things:
1. Do drugs (Sun Valley, North Valleys)
2. Do construction (blindly build, especially where a flood plain exists, i.e. Fernley)
3. Drink beer and beat up people (highly violent people in this hick town-not sure what causes it besides low I.Q. and construction trades).
So as a liberal, why don't you educate us. How would you fix things? Welfare for all? Typical Democrats thinking. As for construction, you should think all the tradesmen. Without those stupid construction workers as you put it. You would not have a home to live in or places to shop, ETC... This thread was about a loser drug dealer and user. That should be disposed of. Oh yea, in the jails that stupid construction workers built. Have a good day, LIBERAL.

“Greetings from the Twin Cities”

Since: Apr 07

Bloomington, MN

#9 Jan 10, 2008
ALPHA MALE wrote:
<quoted text>Drug use is the leading cause of violent crimes. So you think we should turn the other cheek? Take another bong hit.
Please provide some evidence that pot smoking is the leading cause of violent crimes...

The drugs that are the causes of violent crimes are methamphetamine, cocaine, and heroin. Cocaine and heroin are both Schedule II drugs while Marijuana remains a Schedule I drug.

If you are going to say that we must punish the CAUSES of crimes, then you need to punish (being in a state of) poverty and (possession of) alcohol as poverty would be one of the leading causes of property crimes and alcohol would be the leading cause of DWI.

I am in no way suggesting we turn the other cheek. If a drug user commits a violent crime, then punish him for the violent crime. There is no reason why marijuana should be illegal. Again, I say, if you are simply saying that pot heads commit crimes, you have to realize that there are plenty of crimes that are committed by those who do not use pot.

Open your mind a bit Alpha and realize the arguments that are presented here and leave the name calling and snide remarks to the children.
ALPHA MALE

Reno, NV

#10 Jan 10, 2008
nakedlobo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide some evidence that pot smoking is the leading cause of violent crimes...
The drugs that are the causes of violent crimes are methamphetamine, cocaine, and heroin. Cocaine and heroin are both Schedule II drugs while Marijuana remains a Schedule I drug.
If you are going to say that we must punish the CAUSES of crimes, then you need to punish (being in a state of) poverty and (possession of) alcohol as poverty would be one of the leading causes of property crimes and alcohol would be the leading cause of DWI.
I am in no way suggesting we turn the other cheek. If a drug user commits a violent crime, then punish him for the violent crime. There is no reason why marijuana should be illegal. Again, I say, if you are simply saying that pot heads commit crimes, you have to realize that there are plenty of crimes that are committed by those who do not use pot.
Open your mind a bit Alpha and realize the arguments that are presented here and leave the name calling and snide remarks to the children.
Your arguement is typical of a pot user. If you ask a tweaker, he will say the samething. Poverty is a result of lack of effort, We all are afforded the same opportunities in life. Why does one person succeed and another fail. Don't blame the masses for people who want a free handout. I am open minded, that is why I believe you can do or accomplish anything you want. Want being the keyword. To say pot is not a drug is childish. It is a depressant, prove me wrong. Alcohol is legal, I feel it should be banned. Too many people have proven, they can not handle the responsibility that comes with drinking. The same thing will happen if they legalize pot. More innocent people will die by morons smoking pot and driving under the influence of the pot, ie:DUI. For you or anyone to defend a person for using or selling drugs is disgusting. You or your children have not been a victim of these weak minded people, yet. I enjoy discussing these issues with you, you obviously are on the other side of these issues. I don't believe in welfare for people who are physically able to work, but too lazy. Iown a union construction company and know first hand how lazy people can be, even when paid 30+ dollars an hour. So no free rides, carry your own weight.

“Greetings from the Twin Cities”

Since: Apr 07

Bloomington, MN

#11 Jan 10, 2008
Well, Alpha, I can speak from experience. I got busted for drugs when I was 19 years old. That conviction has haunted me (and still is). I have a difficult time getting a decent job (luckily I have found one and stuck with it). I think that the ban on marijuana should be repealed so as to not stigmatize people who simply smoke marijuana. Marijuana is far less harmful than alcohol and tobacco. Yet it is illegal.
One thing to think about Alpha is there are plenty of mushrooms (and plants) that are completely poisonous and have no viable use in today's society (not even as hallucinogens) yet it is not illegal to possess them. If the government has the prohibition on marijuana to protect the public from harming themselves, then why are (naturally occurring) chemicals that have no use other than poison still legal?
Poverty is a result of lack of effort. I agree completely. There are very few legitimate instances where government support is warranted. I completely disagree with people wanting hand outs.
Your argument about pot being a drug is true. It is a drug, but it is not considered a "hard" drug. To take the generic definition of drugs, then an apple, a steak, and oxygen are all drugs. They all affect the body.
Yes some people will abuse any right given to them (your DUI argument) and that is what the police are for. They can still enforce DUI laws and regulations without having the substance (pot) being illegal. Just look at the alcohol regulations.
I will still defend a person's RIGHT to put what they want in their body. I know this is a bit of a stretch, but if the government controls what I put in my body, where are they going to stop? Will they tell me that I can't eat red meat because it raises my cholesterol?
My children have been victims of the oppressive regulations regarding marijuana. They were without me for 3 1/2 years.
ALPHA MALE

Reno, NV

#12 Jan 10, 2008
nakedlobo wrote:
Well, Alpha, I can speak from experience. I got busted for drugs when I was 19 years old. That conviction has haunted me (and still is). I have a difficult time getting a decent job (luckily I have found one and stuck with it). I think that the ban on marijuana should be repealed so as to not stigmatize people who simply smoke marijuana. Marijuana is far less harmful than alcohol and tobacco. Yet it is illegal.
One thing to think about Alpha is there are plenty of mushrooms (and plants) that are completely poisonous and have no viable use in today's society (not even as hallucinogens) yet it is not illegal to possess them. If the government has the prohibition on marijuana to protect the public from harming themselves, then why are (naturally occurring) chemicals that have no use other than poison still legal?
Poverty is a result of lack of effort. I agree completely. There are very few legitimate instances where government support is warranted. I completely disagree with people wanting hand outs.
Your argument about pot being a drug is true. It is a drug, but it is not considered a "hard" drug. To take the generic definition of drugs, then an apple, a steak, and oxygen are all drugs. They all affect the body.
Yes some people will abuse any right given to them (your DUI argument) and that is what the police are for. They can still enforce DUI laws and regulations without having the substance (pot) being illegal. Just look at the alcohol regulations.
I will still defend a person's RIGHT to put what they want in their body. I know this is a bit of a stretch, but if the government controls what I put in my body, where are they going to stop? Will they tell me that I can't eat red meat because it raises my cholesterol?
My children have been victims of the oppressive regulations regarding marijuana. They were without me for 3 1/2 years.
Well put. Our government is telling us what to do in every part of our lives. This bothers me alot. I am happy to hear things are on track for you. I just have a problem with people doing things that are illegal. If pot is legalized in the future, I will feel the same way as I do with alcohol. I am against it, it takes to many lives every year. My name is Eric, Alpha sounds bad, LOL. Hope everything goes great for you in the years to come. Great talking with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardnerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maypay Feb 2 Lexsteelz 1
News The R-C Morning Report for Jan. 20 Jan 23 Tom 1
News State PUC chairman not a fan of solar energy Dec '15 Solarman 1
Tara girl at coma coffe anyone no her Dec '15 Wolfpack fan 1
Review: Northern Nevada Veterans Resource Center Dec '15 Steph Heatley 1
News Steven Jacobo has set his sights on bobsledding. Nov '15 Martin Manning 1
Best bank in town Sep '15 Byron 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gardnerville Mortgages