Great Pyrenees act as farm guards

Great Pyrenees act as farm guards

There are 10 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jan 22, 2011, titled Great Pyrenees act as farm guards. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Great Pyrenees farm dogs Reggie, left, Ruby, center, and Ricco are among the four dogs that protect a flock of 60 sheep from predators at Highfield Hollow Farm in Gardners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

York, PA

#1 Jan 23, 2011
How wonderful that these beautiful dogs are being allowed to do what they are meant to do!
This is truly a great story and great journalism!
Thank you to the Lee's for sharing their story.

Hanover, PA

#2 Jan 23, 2011
Thank you for an interesting story. They are beautiful dogs! A very nice story to wake up to this Sunday morning!
Common sense

Gettysburg, PA

#3 Jan 23, 2011
Love the story, dogs are so cute, and I know they are quite warm.....did Richard really pee while being interviewed?? how awkward.

Lakeland, FL

#4 Jan 23, 2011
Nice story. Letting working dogs do what they are bred for. They have to be happier than ones cooped up in apartments with no yards to run free in. Best wishes to all.
Joe Pearl

Tucson, AZ

#5 Jan 23, 2011
I have had a couple of these great dogs, and calling them LOYAL is a gross understatement. My " BUBBA FAYE " came to school with me for her 1st 6 years of life, and was a reward for the school kids who needed something to brighten up their day(s).
Great article to get the word out about an incredible dog.

COZMO, Arizona

Newville, PA

#6 Jan 23, 2011
What a great story!!! Finally, something worth reading. My heart goes out to Pat, may she remain comfortable. Richard, keep on loving family, life and your four legged children. That is all that anyone would ask for.

Carlisle, PA

#7 Jan 23, 2011
Any dog that will rid grounhogs from a property is a GREAT, GREAT dog.

Gettysburg, PA

#8 Jan 23, 2011
Common sense wrote:
Love the story, dogs are so cute, and I know they are quite warm.....did Richard really pee while being interviewed?? how awkward.
No, he didn't. He said "pardon me" prior to mentioning that one of the criteria for purchasing the property was that it had privacy so he could do so if he wanted to.

The Great Pyrenees are a great dog for outdoor work. They're not easily agitated, can be stubborn and a little hard to train because they're fairly laid back, and often have a short attention span. In general, I'd say they'd be better in an outdoor setting, as we see here.

I'm glad to see someone rescuing these fine animals. They are an ancient breed, and deserving of some attention. My best wishes to the Lee family at this time.

Ephrata, PA

#9 Jan 23, 2011
Love dogs, love that people live the simplier life and God Bless this couple doing their trials in life.......

Eau Claire, PA

#10 Jan 24, 2011
Beautiful, well written story. Many prayers for this family of people and animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PA Lottery Powerball Ticket Worth $100,000 Sold... Oct 14 Anonymous 3
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Oct 4 Michelle 83
News Biglerville man caught stealing woman's underwe... (Jul '15) Sep '16 Panty Sniffer 6
News York Springs hires new tax collector aftera Aug '16 honest3tax2collec... 1
Help finding property Jul '16 Clementine 1
News Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... (Feb '14) May '16 Davenport 15
News Gardners murder case set for June trial term (Apr '11) Apr '13 Blondeyblue 5

Gardners Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gardners Mortgages