Knouse settles suit

Full story: Evening Sun 46
Knouse Foods Cooperative and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission have settled a sexual-harassment lawsuit filed by eight female employees at the company's Gardners plant. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SCRAMBLIN

Orrtanna, PA

#1 Jul 27, 2010
TOTAL LIES! I worked for this company for four years and they totally cater to these people, to the point of getting rid of white workers in favor of migrants. Just another easy way for illegals to get a free ride! No mention in this article of deportation hearings?
Jona

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Jul 27, 2010
I know for a fact that they are illegal. Unfortunately, the INS will not deport a handful at a time. It has to be at least 50 of them at one time before they start deporting.
Feel sad

York, PA

#3 Jul 27, 2010
Jona wrote:
I know for a fact that they are illegal. Unfortunately, the INS will not deport a handful at a time. It has to be at least 50 of them at one time before they start deporting.
Your facts are wrong you seem to talk from the wrong end. Why do we hate people that only want a better life and are willing to work for it Our country spends money on alot of worthless things (like bank bail out) that could have helped the real working people instead of the fat RATS wat would you do to feed your family????
Matt

Hanover, PA

#4 Jul 27, 2010
Being a migrant worker, legal or otherwise, doesn't mean you should be sexually harassed.
Migrant Workers OK

Gettysburg, PA

#5 Jul 27, 2010
SCRAMBLIN wrote:
TOTAL LIES! I worked for this company for four years and they totally cater to these people, to the point of getting rid of white workers in favor of migrants. Just another easy way for illegals to get a free ride! No mention in this article of deportation hearings?
I have no problem with migrant workers. I prefer going to businesses that employ them. They are hard workers, friendly, and happy to be doing their jobs, unlike most of their American counterparts.

The American work ethic is dead and buried.....has been for years.
Migrant Workers OK

Gettysburg, PA

#6 Jul 27, 2010
Matt wrote:
Being a migrant worker, legal or otherwise, doesn't mean you should be sexually harassed.
"Ditto."
bsa

Hanover, PA

#7 Jul 27, 2010
Feel sad wrote:
<quoted text>Your facts are wrong you seem to talk from the wrong end. Why do we hate people that only want a better life and are willing to work for it Our country spends money on alot of worthless things (like bank bail out) that could have helped the real working people instead of the fat RATS wat would you do to feed your family????
What don't you understand about the word ILLEGAL???? Would it mean breaking the law?? I think so!!! So the people that harrased them are breaking the law and get punished but the other side that IS ALSO BREAKING THE LAW get rewarded!! Now that is sick!!!
bsa

Hanover, PA

#8 Jul 27, 2010
Matt wrote:
Being a migrant worker, legal or otherwise, doesn't mean you should be sexually harassed.
Well if there are here OTHERWISE then they get what they deserve!! If not tell them go to back to mexico, and I will even pay for there return!!!! And how did half of them even know there were being sexuallly harrases?? Most of them can't even speak english!!! When will they wise up and know that us law abiding americans DO NOT want them here!!
Nuff Said

Lancaster, PA

#9 Jul 27, 2010
I have a hard time believing that someone who is here ILLEGALLY would be willing to go through the US court system. I would think somewhere in the process someone would have checked to make sure they are here legally.
bsa

Hanover, PA

#10 Jul 27, 2010
Nuff Said wrote:
I have a hard time believing that someone who is here ILLEGALLY would be willing to go through the US court system. I would think somewhere in the process someone would have checked to make sure they are here legally.
I agree!! Amen!!!
bsa

Hanover, PA

#11 Jul 27, 2010
Nuff Said wrote:
I have a hard time believing that someone who is here ILLEGALLY would be willing to go through the US court system. I would think somewhere in the process someone would have checked to make sure they are here legally.
What we all should do is find out who there attorneys are and never use them for any services!!!! If anyone knows there attorneys lets make it known on here and show them that the law abiding citizens mean business!!!
duh

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jul 27, 2010
bsa... dear lord are you stupid. haha
Nuff Said

Lancaster, PA

#13 Jul 27, 2010
bsa wrote:
<quoted text>
What we all should do is find out who there attorneys are and never use them for any services!!!! If anyone knows there attorneys lets make it known on here and show them that the law abiding citizens mean business!!!
My point is, I would bet that all of these women are in the country legally. If they weren't they wouldn't have been willing to take this to court. So bashing these people for being illegal isn't necessary.
Jona

Chambersburg, PA

#14 Jul 27, 2010
Feel sad wrote:
<quoted text>Your facts are wrong you seem to talk from the wrong end. Why do we hate people that only want a better life and are willing to work for it Our country spends money on alot of worthless things (like bank bail out) that could have helped the real working people instead of the fat RATS wat would you do to feed your family????
lol...you think your opinion is the only one that counts??? Think again!!
Scott

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Jul 27, 2010
Nuff Said wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is, I would bet that all of these women are in the country legally. If they weren't they wouldn't have been willing to take this to court. So bashing these people for being illegal isn't necessary.
Incorrect. Knouse hires immigrants to keep the costs low.
Jona

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Jul 27, 2010
bsa wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you understand about the word ILLEGAL???? Would it mean breaking the law?? I think so!!! So the people that harrased them are breaking the law and get punished but the other side that IS ALSO BREAKING THE LAW get rewarded!! Now that is sick!!!
My thoughts exactly!!!
Tammy

United States

#17 Jul 27, 2010
why does it always have to come down to race. I bet if these were white woman, noone would be bashing them. Adams county is full of bigots..End of story!
Nuff Said

Lancaster, PA

#18 Jul 27, 2010
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Knouse hires immigrants to keep the costs low.
I know Knouse hires immigrants. And they may even have ILLEGAL immigrants working there. But these women probably aren't ILLEGAL. Otherwise, why would they agree to pursue this in court. Sometime during the procedings someone would have discovered they were illegal. Why would Knouse agree to settle when it would be much easier to just have them deported. There is a difference between migrant workers and ILLEGAL immigrants. The problem here is people only see them as Mexican and that is the only reason they are bashing them
Floyd Hopkins

United States

#19 Jul 27, 2010
it should be 30 million and I assume the scumbags were fired ?? right ?? Bad enough to act as if nothing was wrong, then you penalize the victims ? The management needs to go to
EEOC

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jul 27, 2010
It is very disappointing to see that the Evening Sun would print the names of the victims of a sexual harassment lawsuit. I saw this article in another newspaper and the victims names were NOT printed!! Why not print the names of the defendnats?Why not expose the identities of all the men that sexually harassed these women? Why not print the names of all the supervisors, cell leaders, and management that turned a deaf ear to these women when they complained? It is so typical, out the victim and protect the perps/defendants. Thank you for putting a target on these women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 29 min Henri 51,473
plane 14 hr Petal Power 3
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Fast Eddie 3,992
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon Jeremy 183
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Sep 14 Sthomas 31
Gettysburg man sentenced in burglary case Aug 24 Steve Gratman 2
50-unit senior housing apartment building plann... Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1
•••
•••

Gardners Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Gardners People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Gardners News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gardners
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••