Woman turns to God for COPD cure

Woman turns to God for COPD cure

There are 23 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jan 30, 2010, titled Woman turns to God for COPD cure. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

JoAnn Rinehart poses at her home in Mount Holly Springs earlier this month. She awoke before dawn, gasping for breath against a vise-like tightness in her chest, blood-crusted tissues crumpled on the table beside her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lynn

East Berlin, PA

#1 Jan 31, 2010
JoAnn, what a lovely story. Thank you for sharing!
rob

Scranton, PA

#2 Jan 31, 2010
luck
My opinion

Harrisburg, PA

#3 Jan 31, 2010
Maybe losing a little weight would take some stress off her lungs...come on people--if you are going to get that fat, you are going to have health issues.
Stacy

Lancaster, PA

#4 Jan 31, 2010
hahaha...Hey..."My opinion", I would imagine you'll be at the top of the list for those who burn in hell. Good luck with that!
Rolling My Eyeballs

Carlisle, PA

#5 Jan 31, 2010
It is people like posters #2 and #3 that can't let something positive and good, be positive and good.

#3: Would it be proper for others on this forum to assume that you do not smoke, drink, eat organic foods and exercise 5 days a week with an hour of cardio each day?

I thought not.

And no,..I am not overweight - at 105lbs.

Bottomline: If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute, that lifts others up, as opposed to pulling them down, contribute nothing at all. You have not represented yourself very well by your post. Or..maybe you have?
Typical

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Jan 31, 2010
The fact she didn't go back for a checkup is telling enough for me. Now other sheeple are going to believe that they should sav money and not got to a doctor. Hopefully natural selection will come into play.
My opinion

Harrisburg, PA

#7 Jan 31, 2010
Stacy wrote:
hahaha...Hey..."My opinion", I would imagine you'll be at the top of the list for those who burn in hell. Good luck with that!
How am I going to hell for stating my opinion--- she's fat--it's also fact.
Jason Cooley

Charles Town, WV

#8 Jan 31, 2010
WELL SHE IS SCREWED ..IF SHE THINKS GOD GOING TO SWOPE DOWN AND CURE HER ....LOL GIVE ME A BREAK.
Thank you Jesus

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jan 31, 2010
1st,# 2 I hope if anything happens to you that the same "luck" comes your way, but I guess if you're not praying and no one is praying for you that wont happen. So if you should come into some bad "luck" sometime why not contact Joann, I am certain that she would pray for you too.
2nd,#6 and #3, you don't have to be a christian to realize that there is really nothing anyone could say to you to make you have the heart or mind of a human being. Only God can heal you of your hardness and cruelty towards others, I will pray for you. By the way # 8 The article clearly states SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN HEALED, she is not waiting for God to "swoop" down apparently He has already "swooped". even her doctor stated she was healed.

JoAnn, Thank God for you and this paper for printing this article.
Typical

Harrisburg, PA

#10 Jan 31, 2010
Thank you Jesus wrote:
1st,# 2 I hope if anything happens to you that the same "luck" comes your way, but I guess if you're not praying and no one is praying for you that wont happen. So if you should come into some bad "luck" sometime why not contact Joann, I am certain that she would pray for you too.
2nd,#6 and #3, you don't have to be a christian to realize that there is really nothing anyone could say to you to make you have the heart or mind of a human being. Only God can heal you of your hardness and cruelty towards others, I will pray for you. By the way # 8 The article clearly states SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN HEALED, she is not waiting for God to "swoop" down apparently He has already "swooped". even her doctor stated she was healed.
JoAnn, Thank God for you and this paper for printing this article.
I was not cruel, in fact my concern lies with people who should be seeking proper medical care and who may not do so because of this nonsense. If she was truly cured, I am sure she would not have had a problem returning to the doctor so they could have proof of her miracle. That is all I am saying. How dare you say I do not have the heart or mind of a human just because I do not share your beliefs. Typical judgmental Christian thoughtlessness.
Think about it

Lebanon, IN

#11 Feb 1, 2010
My opinion wrote:
Maybe losing a little weight would take some stress off her lungs...come on people--if you are going to get that fat, you are going to have health issues.
It's hard to exercise to lose that weight if you can't breath. Did you think of that possibility? COPD is not fun to live with, and not fun to watch someone die of it, either. My FIL was 120 lbs., 6'5" when he died of it. He couldn't even eat because it was too hard to breathe. It was hard enough to swallow water to take the meds to strengthen his lungs.
sad

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Feb 1, 2010
I am very happy for JoAnn. People say there are no miracles - here is one! I firmly believe in the healing power of God. And obviously God has more for JoAnn to do on this earth. We should all be so blessed as to be chosen by God for something special. It is not an easy path, as you can see - people mock and belittle - so I wish JoAnn strength and faith on her journey.
Not a Believer

Dallas, PA

#13 Feb 1, 2010
As a nurse, Ive seen too much to the contrary. Either she was misdiagnosed at first, or she hasn't been re-evaluated. There are no modern-day miracles. Just dumb luck...but if she believes, what harm is in that? Unless of course, she convinces others to "heal themselves" as opposed to seeking good medical care. "Faith Healers" aren't a substitute for a REAL doctor. You need no real training to be faith healer other than a strong penchant to spoon feed weak-minded individuals false hope, anyone can do it.
Not a Believer

Dallas, PA

#14 Feb 1, 2010
What about people who pray incessantly and aren't cured? Does God love them less because He didn't heal them? Answer that one.
Typical

Hanover, PA

#15 Feb 1, 2010
Not a Believer wrote:
As a nurse, Ive seen too much to the contrary. Either she was misdiagnosed at first, or she hasn't been re-evaluated. There are no modern-day miracles. Just dumb luck...but if she believes, what harm is in that? Unless of course, she convinces others to "heal themselves" as opposed to seeking good medical care. "Faith Healers" aren't a substitute for a REAL doctor. You need no real training to be faith healer other than a strong penchant to spoon feed weak-minded individuals false hope, anyone can do it.
Thank you. You stated much more clearly what I was trying to say.
PASTOR ERIC EWEMADE

Nigeria

#16 Feb 5, 2010
GOD is not just human,even if HE came in the flesh.HE has all it takes to replace every damaged parts in our body.From today,you are a witness to this effect.

Here lies the unavoidable penalty,that every one you come in contact with hears this testimony.This will help sustains the miracle you have received and become a healing string to others who are believing GOD for theirs.
PASTOR ERIC EWEMADE

Nigeria

#17 Feb 5, 2010
It proves GOD superiority and sovereigty over man even with all the degrees under the sun.When GOD steps in all human predictions are defiled.
The Doctors were probably right but GOD,the HOLY SPIRIT,reveals that the end of man's efforts is the beginning of GOD GLORY.To Lazarus,the brother of Mary and Martha,it was a point to reveal the glory of JESUS CHRIST.
In your case, it was a piont to reveal the glory of JESUS CHRIST.
julio bange

Hanover, PA

#18 Feb 7, 2010
This must be the new health care option,but seriously I think there is a awful amount of liability from an article like this if it keeps even one person from seeking medical help for trouble breathing, chest pain, or other serious signs or symptoms.
LogicPrevails

Gettysburg, PA

#19 Feb 7, 2010
So God is curing this lady's COPD but letting tens of thousands suffer in Haiti. A perfect example of the power of prayer and the grace of god.
Typical

Hanover, PA

#20 Feb 7, 2010
julio bange wrote:
This must be the new health care option,but seriously I think there is a awful amount of liability from an article like this if it keeps even one person from seeking medical help for trouble breathing, chest pain, or other serious signs or symptoms.
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg 3 hr Fitus T Bluster 5
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) May 11 DANABOO 104
News Adams County woman charged in fatal shooting of... Apr 28 Jitterbug 1
News Aspers teen denied bail in stabbing case (Oct '06) Mar '17 Robin 22
Woman accused of animal cruelty, danes, goats a... Jan '17 Pink Eye 7
News PA Lottery Powerball Ticket Worth $100,000 Sold... (Oct '16) Dec '16 Saddam 6
wow actavis discontinued but you can still get ... (Jan '16) Dec '16 Generation Wuss 4

Gardners Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gardners Mortgages