Murder suspect has juvenile record in Adams

Full story: Evening Sun

A 19-year-old who was arrested Monday for allegedly beating an 88-year-old woman to death in Cumberland County has a record in Adams County juvenile court.
Comments
21 - 26 of 26 Comments Last updated Mar 28, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
weaselmama

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

YOU ARE RIGHT COLTON DID BRING THIS ON HIM SELF,BUT THERE HAS BEEN ISSUES WITH COLTON,CORRECT?YOU ARE RIGHT GOOD FAMILIES CAN HAVE BAD KIDS MOST DEFINETLY.BUT I TRUELY BELIVE THAT CHILDREN LIVE WHAT THEY LEARN ALSO,CORRECT?AND I BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE LIKE COLTON DO NOT CRY OUT FOR HELP.OR GIVE A SIGN THAT THEY ARE TROUBLED,THEY KEEP IT BOTTLED UP INSIDE TILL THEY TAKE THERE OWN LIFE OR THE LIFE OF A LOVING PERSON LIKE THIS WOMEN WHO INTRUSTED IN HIM AS A FRIEND.I FEEL FOR BOTH FAMILIES THEY ARE BOTH GOING TO GRIEVE, BUT IN DIFFERENT WAYS...HAVE BEEN THROUGH THAT GRIEVING WHEN MY STEPDAUGHTER FACE WAS SHOT OF BY HER HUSBAND 1 MILE FROM THERE YEARS AGO, HE GAVE NO SIGNS OF BEING TROUBLED..TRY TO SCRAP BRAINS OF A LOVED ONE OFF A WALL ONE TIME.....SO AS FAR AS I AM CONCERED YOU ARE RIGHT HE WILL GET WHAT IS COMING TO HIM,BUT NOT IN A JAIL, IT WILL BE WHEN HE DIES,,WE ALL KNOW WHO WE HAVE TO ANSWER TO THEN.....SO GOD BLESS THE VICTIMS FAMILY AND THEN COLTONS..MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE OUT TO BOTH...
weaselmama

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

I will voice my opion when ever i want to thats what this colunm is for..Foe one thing i dont think you helped to much from CO,This boy has had issues you know that as well as i do..I believe that kids learn what they live,and it shows.The family knows he had problems the neighbors that were on tv know he had problems,fact..Your right he will get what he has coming to him, the man upstairs is the only one he has to answer too..and again those guns were not locked up untill he cam back home in november...my thought was they should of been so JT could not be curious with them as kids do .. A
family member of Colton wrote:
<quoted text> You have know clue waht we have done and tried to do for Colton! Unless you know the true facts, that's when you can voice your opinon. The guns were always locked up!! Not just because of Colton but, because we didn't want them stolen.........and as far as the victims family, they are still our friends and we are victims too! People that have hearts and common sense would realize that it's not our fault what Colton did. Colton will pay for what he has done and my family will see to that!
MyWorld

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

"family member of Colton" I bet you haven't slept well since this horrible crime happened, I know I wouldn't. It is sad to say, but I know this had to change the dynamics of your family. I hope when he is put away for the rest of his life (hopefully). That you will then be at peace knowing that he is no longer on the streets and he can't hurt anyone else. I guess we'll never truly understand what goes through the mind of a killer, or else we would try to fix it.
read the comments

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

My, oh, my, people! A heart-breaking story results in slander, blame, condemnation, and fictional portrayal of the horrid event.

Ethel was a cordial, lovely person. My mother had a conversation with her the previous week. My mother was shocked to hear about this sudden death of such a dear person.

Details are not being printed. Ethel's family deserves the privacy, and Colton's family needn't be ridiculed for the CHOICE that he made. He deserves punishment and will hopefully receive more than our modern motel incarceration.

The posted comment reply about Ethel residing alone was common sense. Most of my relatives are elderly but not bedridden or insane. They have chosen independence as long as energy promotes it. Because someone becomes widowed does not mean their life ends. The trespasser violated the common law of life. If she wasn't prepared for a thief, perhaps she couldn't react accordingly.

I extend my sympathy to the family.
last girlfriend

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2009

i think it was very stupid what he did. no one seen it comeing. i just dont understand. its good that hes in jail now because of what he did. he desvers what hes getting. also with what someone said think before you write and know. because you done know all the true facts. i just dont know what to say.
just that im sorry.
sad child

Dunkirk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2009

My deepest sympathy to the family of the victim.We lost our mother Christmas Eve 2005 to a juvenile sex offender. He broke into her home raped her and beat her to death. He is doing 30 to life now.Our Prayers are with you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gardners Discussions

Search the Gardners Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr Global Warming Laugher 3,825
50-unit senior housing apartment building plann... 4 hr Shelly Slader 1
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Jul 28 T Wolf 51,196
Asper man sentenced in Adams County burglary case Jul 19 Steve Gratman 1
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Jul 19 Teflon Don 28
Police: Two arrested after more than 60 injurie... (Mar '13) Jul 13 Steve Gratman 49
Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... Jul 13 Steve Gratman 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gardners Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gardners People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE