Knouse Foods faces sexual-harassment ...

Knouse Foods faces sexual-harassment suit

There are 24 comments on the Evening Sun story from Sep 24, 2009, titled Knouse Foods faces sexual-harassment suit. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit Tuesday against Knouse Foods Cooperative for alleged sexual harassment that occurred at the company's plant in Gardners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Living in WM

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Sep 24, 2009
Briggs better be careful what he says. Of course they came from anonymous individuals, look what happened when they complained! Men are scum in the workplace and they think they can always get away with this sort of behavior!
Larry

Baltimore, MD

#2 Sep 24, 2009
I have seen women make false statements in this arena more than once. If anyone thinks that there is no chance that these women made up the story for financial gain, need to become more aware of the ways of such a litigeous society.
They already get enough

Harrisburg, PA

#3 Sep 24, 2009
How do you they are not making this up for financial gain. Considering they already get enough for free.......
arendtsville resident

Gettysburg, PA

#4 Sep 24, 2009
They already get enough wrote:
How do you they are not making this up for financial gain. Considering they already get enough for free.......
oh please!! would you say that if you thought the women were american?
Alice

Harrisburg, PA

#5 Sep 24, 2009
They already get enough wrote:
You little snot! They are employees and working!!!!!!!!!!
holysheet

Edgemont, PA

#6 Sep 24, 2009
all I have to say about that this and the taco bell case for $35,000 I would let a man act like a douche bag in front of me. I really don't consider a man talking like a tool sexual harassment though. If you are touched, grabbed, fondled or jabbed with a penis then yeah your getting harassed. Since when is asking for a date sexual harassment??? I'm a girl so if I went up to a guy told him to flash me his peen, ask him out or dance lewdly in front of him he'd file sexual harassment? I don't think so!
huh

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Sep 24, 2009
Work in factorys can be boring. I have had woman say sexual things to me and I laughed. No problem but when I see 35,000 from the taco bell case should I report it and hope I get it also. I think not im not smooch.
not from here

Mansfield, OH

#9 Sep 25, 2009
This type of behavior is accepted in this area I have witnessed harassment of all sorts here.Things I just can't believe and it is at the municipal levels also human resources people have there hands tied.Just thank the good old boys network.By the way I am male and amazed
LOOK

Blackwood, NJ

#10 Sep 25, 2009
they just want money. those bitches are prob. fresh over the border looking to get some money to send back home. OH NO! a guy asks you on a date at work. what the hell are they supposed to do. and where i come from if someone asks to see your boobs that means they must like you. so get em out and shut your mouth. Thats the way it should be.
res1

West Chester, PA

#11 Sep 25, 2009
"Where I come from"... oh LOOK another stellar PA resident making us all look like a bunch of backward hicks. Thanks for repping PA you jacka**
Hanover

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Sep 25, 2009
Just to let you know Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination.The legal definition of sexual harassment is “unwelcome verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual nature that is severe or pervasive and affects working conditions or creates a hostile work environment.”
These women have the right to follow through with their case. If everyone would just respect each one another this problem would not exist!!
Knouse

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Sep 25, 2009
"Where I come from"..LOOK must be some poor low self-esteem boy what a ....ass. He is just LOOKing for someone to love him, in all the wrong ways.. You LOOSER.
EXKnouse

York, PA

#14 Sep 25, 2009
Bet there will be more come forward......
Who are you kidding

York, PA

#15 Sep 25, 2009
LOOK wrote:
they just want money. those bitches are prob. fresh over the border looking to get some money to send back home. OH NO! a guy asks you on a date at work. what the hell are they supposed to do. and where i come from if someone asks to see your boobs that means they must like you. so get em out and shut your mouth. Thats the way it should be.
You can't actually believe this, can you? This has to be a joke. If its not a joke, then you must not have had proper training on how to be a real man. I feel very sorry for you.
concerned

Conway, SC

#16 Sep 25, 2009
It doesn't matter what ethnicity you come from, no one deserves to be sexually harrassed.
During and after I read the article, I feel Mr. Briggs may be a part of the sexual harrassment. NEVER should an employer doubt that an employee has been sexually harrassed until a full investigation has been done.
It seems a lot of sexual harrassment is going on in the York/Adams region. Everyone..........open your eyes and keep your attention on the work that needs done and stop the inappropriate actions!!!!!!
dah

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Sep 26, 2009
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>You little snot! They are employees and wor king!!!!!!!!!!
yea but are thay legally working or are they useing someones else id like all of them do look out utz you next
arendtsville resident

Gettysburg, PA

#18 Sep 26, 2009
LOOK wrote:
u need to grow up!! if someone asked your daughter to see her boobs at work what would you say then? oh honey he just likes you? you sound like you are fresh off the boat from somewhere.
Alice

Harrisburg, PA

#20 Sep 26, 2009
dah wrote:
<quoted text>yea but are thay legally working or are they useing someones else id like all of them do look out utz you next
It doesn't matter. They are still working there and have rights like anyone else. Why you peoples have to be so prejudice around here...I'll never know. Yes I said peoples for all the grammar and spelling police.
Alice

Harrisburg, PA

#21 Sep 26, 2009
LOOK wrote:
Freakin caveman. Wow...what a classy guy!
LOOK

Blackwood, NJ

#22 Sep 28, 2009
WOW! i knew that would get some chatter going. you people really make my day better. thanks. really truly funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) 20 hr Philly Landlord 91
News PA Lottery Powerball Ticket Worth $100,000 Sold... Oct '16 Anonymous 3
News Biglerville man caught stealing woman's underwe... (Jul '15) Sep '16 Panty Sniffer 6
News York Springs hires new tax collector aftera Aug '16 honest3tax2collec... 1
Help finding property Jul '16 Clementine 1
News Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... (Feb '14) May '16 Davenport 15
News Gardners murder case set for June trial term (Apr '11) Apr '13 Blondeyblue 5

Gardners Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gardners Mortgages