One jailed after alleged deer poaching

One jailed after alleged deer poaching

There are 33 comments on the Evening Sun story from Nov 5, 2009, titled One jailed after alleged deer poaching. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

One man remained in Adams County prison Thursday night after being picked up Wednesday in an alleged deer-poaching incident in which police said he and two other hunters left a 4-year-old unattended in a vehicle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sharon Sheppard

United States

#22 Nov 6, 2009
Sure Nuff wrote:
Just because the guy used a Little person who's birthday is on leap year--and is actually 30 years old--and was the look out, I say Blame Rendell...he cut all the Game Wardens and at least 36 jobs in the Attorney Generals' Office -Invesitgators. Were any signs posted in Universal language on a farm that historically hires transient Mexican farm laborers ? If not-- no crime committed. Read the 2008 no trespassing laws--The Land/ Homeowner MUST give a VERBAL notice first. As in,, YO!**** HOLE GET OFF MY LAND .Signs are no longer any use. We have one Game Warden , and he covers Adams and FIVE (5) other counties. Just call the State college Office and the disptacher will tell you. As to State Police involvement - LAWSUIT
But local police can jacklight deer from patrol cars.
There is a difference between civil law & game law - trespassing is a violation of civil law - game wardens cannot enforce cvil law. Verbal notice is not necessary unless you file charges for defiant trespass - However, in addition to signs, one must advertise under legal notices in a newspaper. The article seems to suggest that there were violations beyond poaching deer. Don't think I can think of any time when a poacher was jailed - at least a first time offender.
Gotta Laugh

Walnut Bottom, PA

#23 Nov 6, 2009
An illegal alien (wanted on parking tickets-- as was The Son of Sam- Dave Berkowitz) gets nabbed for illegal hunting on a vast amount of acreage called an orchard in Gardners /Mexico City,Pa. Yet in the process,his mini-me lookout was downing the White Lightning from open containers that was most likely brewed in NEW OXFORD . No time frame is mentioned except for the entered time of the reporters story at 1a.m today--to allow for embellishment . BUT--we can deduce it all happended at night. So,both property owners hear gunfire --as is normal in Adams county-due to Park rangers all the place killing deer , except on GNMP property. But,these landowners who were all snug in thier beds as visions of what-ever danced in thier heads,-sounds like a certain Xmas Fable eh ? Away to their CHEVVY they flew like flash,,yadda yadda yadda.. and with such sensitive intuition, KNEW exactly where to find Pecos Pete and his band of Commancheros, as cries of Ande le mu cha-chos was heard echoing the Valley and up in the Narrows. Then these folks snatched the kid--from his car. Oh,,tisk tisk tisk, I'm calling John Walsh. And now they refuse to speak with the media ???. Could it be they fear the arrival of FEDERALIES in huge trucks marked I.C.E. on the sides ? Hmm..COULD BE . So, Vaminos you Hacienda Hillhoppers...Run for the Mary-Land border and head to Camp #3 where those nice camo dressed folks will put a bullet in your ass. Kudos go out to Consuello who slammed the door and jumped on her Burrow and sped off. QUESTION ? Was this POACHER /ALLEGED ILLEGAL ALien, in pocession of a RIFLE ? Si senior! Why is he charged for illegal pocession of a firearm ? Me not know Senior...
Another great piece of law enformcent by PSP Pedro San Pecos ) guards.
am in pa

New Columbia, PA

#24 Nov 6, 2009
I have a feeling mom's just as stupid! Who in their right mind would be with, much less have a baby with a guy like this? I'm pretty confident it wasn't a first! They need to take that child and place him in a safe home. A home that cares more about the child than beer and deer! God bless him.
Sure Nuff

Walnut Bottom, PA

#25 Nov 6, 2009
Sharon Sheppard wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between civil law & game law - trespassing is a violation of civil law - game wardens cannot enforce cvil law. Verbal notice is not necessary unless you file charges for defiant trespass - However, in addition to signs, one must advertise under legal notices in a newspaper. The article seems to suggest that there were violations beyond poaching deer. Don't think I can think of any time when a poacher was jailed - at least a first time offender.
Sharon, The difference is quite huge. This is the Commonwealth of Pa. not the State of Missouri where you folks simply fire off a round to gain the violators attention. One of my buddies lives in K.C. and is a Game Officer. We here in Pennslytucky must advertise everything in at least 5 languages of B.S. per the U.N.
Log onto the Pa Consolidated State Statutes and then the Pa. Game Commission Laws--- you'll come away ---better educated. Trespassing is a criminal and civil offense. A vehicle ,weapon, poaching, child endangerment, jacklighting and possible trespassing were committed. These all constitute first Degree Felonies and Misdemeaners. The weapon and vehicle now become the property of the Game Warden for use ,sale or disposal . The perps were STOPPED by the landowner instead of taking off. That makes it a Citizens' arrest--up to the point of the arrival of the Game Warden. Posted Signs are now useless and unenforceable in Pa. READ the LAW. Any defense attorney will argue and win , by asking, were the signs properly signed, dated by the landowner ? Were they posted every 50 feet? Are they viewable in a 360 degree manner and affixed by universal language ? And since we --the People of Pennsylvania , do not YET have the luxury of the Castle Doctrine as you folks do, the finality of it all rests on the broad shoulders of the Game Warden --not the State Trooper. These folks should BEG to be deported.. I know I would --and I'm an American/ Penna. citizen . They're facing the Pa. Game Commission--excuse me as I genuflect, and the Allmighty ,can't help them now. You, may pause to genuflect and request absolution. Also people--be reminded that a Pennsylvania WildLife Conservation Officer (WCO) or Fish Commission needs no permission nor warrant to enter any property, house or business if a crime he is authorized to invesitigate was committed. Local and State law officers need invitation, implied consent or a warrant, unless a life threatening situation is occurying.
Big PR

Harrisburg, PA

#26 Nov 6, 2009
Im tired of you women talking so tough. For that matter, youd probably be with the Adams Co. Coroner before you ever made it to a prison. that guy might have destroyed before you got a chance to attempt murder. Women these days get there ownselves into domestic violence. Its mostly their fault- with the running of their mouths , lying, and cheating.Youd most likely be another 'innocent' victim of abuse.'Innocent' my azzzz.
WOW wrote:
This could have MUCH worse...in addition to committing a crime, they could've seriously injured or killed the kid if he ventured out of the truck while waiting for Daddy and his drunken friends. This isn't an "illegal vs legal" issue, it's a stupidty issue. Stupid is stupid, and comes in all colors, races, shapes and sizes. I bet Mom had quite a bit to scream about when she got that call.......I hope she beat that worthless a**hole within an inch of his miserable life for endangering their son. If that was me, I'd be in the Adams County Women's prison for attempted murder.
Big PR

Harrisburg, PA

#27 Nov 6, 2009
I always wonder why women take the bad guys and make the good ones settle for big desperate BBWs.
am in pa wrote:
I have a feeling mom's just as stupid! Who in their right mind would be with, much less have a baby with a guy like this? I'm pretty confident it wasn't a first! They need to take that child and place him in a safe home. A home that cares more about the child than beer and deer! God bless him.

Since: Aug 08

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Nov 6, 2009
you know your a redneck when...
Git r done!!!

Since: May 09

Missouri City, TX

#29 Nov 6, 2009
wow... open alcohol container in car, poaching deer, endangering a child, child not in car seat... three men and Not one of them with enough sense to step in and stop this?
Sharon Sheppard

Barnesville, OH

#30 Nov 6, 2009
Sure Nuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharon, The difference is quite huge. This is the Commonwealth of Pa. not the State of Missouri where you folks simply fire off a round to gain the violators attention. One of my buddies lives in K.C. and is a Game Officer. We here in Pennslytucky must advertise everything in at least 5 languages of B.S. per the U.N.
Log onto the Pa Consolidated State Statutes and then the Pa. Game Commission Laws--- you'll come away ---better educated. Trespassing is a criminal and civil offense. A vehicle ,weapon, poaching, child endangerment, jacklighting and possible trespassing were committed. These all constitute first Degree Felonies and Misdemeaners. The weapon and vehicle now become the property of the Game Warden for use ,sale or disposal . The perps were STOPPED by the landowner instead of taking off. That makes it a Citizens' arrest--up to the point of the arrival of the Game Warden. Posted Signs are now useless and unenforceable in Pa. READ the LAW. Any defense attorney will argue and win , by asking, were the signs properly signed, dated by the landowner ? Were they posted every 50 feet? Are they viewable in a 360 degree manner and affixed by universal language ? And since we --the People of Pennsylvania , do not YET have the luxury of the Castle Doctrine as you folks do, the finality of it all rests on the broad shoulders of the Game Warden --not the State Trooper. These folks should BEG to be deported.. I know I would --and I'm an American/ Penna. citizen . They're facing the Pa. Game Commission--excuse me as I genuflect, and the Allmighty ,can't help them now. You, may pause to genuflect and request absolution. Also people--be reminded that a Pennsylvania WildLife Conservation Officer (WCO) or Fish Commission needs no permission nor warrant to enter any property, house or business if a crime he is authorized to invesitigate was committed. Local and State law officers need invitation, implied consent or a warrant, unless a life threatening situation is occurying.
Castle Doctrine? Not sure what you are referencing - perhaps I shall look into this on the site you suggested :-)- think it is interesting what you say about the signs - seems if you don't have them,(& yes they must be signed and dated) you are SOL. aside from the poaching - what other violation of a game law was there? I. E. loaded gun in car, no license etc.? Just trying to figure out the headline as I couldn't imagine being jailed for game violations OR trespass for that matter.
ZIPPY

Shippensburg, PA

#31 Nov 6, 2009
Deporting them all it isn't going to mean anything cause they will be back in 2 weeks.

I just can't think that they would've been out of food stamps, I'm sure they lied on the paperwork and was getting them.
hmmmm

Somerdale, NJ

#32 Nov 7, 2009
get him outta here! Back to Mexico, yo.
hmmmm

Somerdale, NJ

#33 Nov 7, 2009
Sharon Sheppard wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, trespassing is criminal...and if you read the article, you would see that the ILLEGAL immigrant had outstanding arrest warrants.
obama 3

Merion Station, PA

#34 Nov 7, 2009
With a last name of Torres he does not have to poach anything, including eggs. He be ENTITLED to everything free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biglerville man caught stealing woman's underwe... Jul 26 Doodooport 3
News Child rapist gets 13 years (Nov '10) Jul 17 hot mamma 41
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Jul 7 Locators Scam 47
News Father's Day Weekend in Gettysburg Jul 3 Davenport 21
Bucher Hill Mansion aka Swan Lake Mansion (May '08) May '15 My Finds 22
News Police: Pa. mom accidentally shoots 2 daughters (Jan '11) May '15 Natalie R 45
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gardners Mortgages