One jailed after alleged deer poaching

One jailed after alleged deer poaching

There are 33 comments on the Evening Sun story from Nov 5, 2009, titled One jailed after alleged deer poaching. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

One man remained in Adams County prison Thursday night after being picked up Wednesday in an alleged deer-poaching incident in which police said he and two other hunters left a 4-year-old unattended in a vehicle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pokey

Middletown, PA

#1 Nov 6, 2009
This is so cool. "Somebody had to watch the beer, right Pedro."
denise14

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Nov 6, 2009
Pokey wrote:
This is so cool. "Somebody had to watch the beer, right Pedro."
dude real cool,leaven a kid in the car,with beer..what if the kid would have drank the beer,..anything ..someone could have came an kidnapped the kid,..anything..as for the father that took off,...the kid could of got out of the truck an an walk away an could of got hurt,taken,what have ya..the father needs a harsh punishment for leaven his kid behind while they were hunting, an when he ran off when cops appeared,..what a father,,this is why fathers have a bad name cause of fools like him..how dare u the father do something like this
COMMON SENSE MOM

State College, PA

#3 Nov 6, 2009
Denise....Pokey was being quite sarcastic in their comment. Most of us know these guys were idiots for what they did.
cool

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Nov 6, 2009
Just tryin' to keep the kids fed, deer tastes better than ground hog.
Preacher

Lemoyne, PA

#5 Nov 6, 2009
Lots of poor people in this economy. Too bad they spend their money on beer and not cereal or hamburger helper
Pedro

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Nov 6, 2009
Maybe they were making venison tacos.

Since: Nov 09

Newville, PA

#7 Nov 6, 2009
Preacher wrote:
Lots of poor people in this economy. Too bad they spend their money on beer and not cereal or hamburger helper
I don't see anything wrong with poaching a deer if the family needs the food. It should be a LAST resort though. That's not the issue here. These guys were not trying to feed their family, they where having some fun.

To take a 4 year old child out on a criminal action (and just because I don't see anything wrong with the action doesn't change the fact it IS criminal) is irresponsible to say the least and "contributing to the delequency of a minor". Having alcohol in the vehicle as well as a loaded firearm, and no car seat?!? I am sorry but all of these men need to be severly punished. This is a case where the courts would do well to make an example out of these men. Finally, I have one major question where was the mother? Do not get me wrong, I am not insinuating she even knew about this, she might have been working at the time or maybe the child was visiting the father, we do not know, but I would like to. If in fact she knew about this and allowed it to happen, she should be charged too and if she didn't she should seriously consider a divorce.
Duh

Hampstead, MD

#8 Nov 6, 2009
Jeremys brother in law wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anything wrong with poaching a deer if the family needs the food. It should be a LAST resort though. That's not the issue here. These guys were not trying to feed their family, they where having some fun.
To take a 4 year old child out on a criminal action (and just because I don't see anything wrong with the action doesn't change the fact it IS criminal) is irresponsible to say the least and "contributing to the delequency of a minor". Having alcohol in the vehicle as well as a loaded firearm, and no car seat?!? I am sorry but all of these men need to be severly punished. This is a case where the courts would do well to make an example out of these men. Finally, I have one major question where was the mother? Do not get me wrong, I am not insinuating she even knew about this, she might have been working at the time or maybe the child was visiting the father, we do not know, but I would like to. If in fact she knew about this and allowed it to happen, she should be charged too and if she didn't she should seriously consider a divorce.
What do you mean there's nothing wrong with it? That deer was shot on private property out of season. Do you think any hungry family should just be able to go blast a deer whenever and wherever they want?
just saying

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Nov 6, 2009
well bubba makes us proud again......
Hmmmmm

Lebanon, PA

#10 Nov 6, 2009
so you leave your kid unattended in a car w/alcohol while you go hunting in a dark orchard THEN when the cops show you abandon him altogether and high tail it out of there?! Wow. You know they were going to find out your identity when the mom showed right? That had to have been a tense situation at home, yikes!
Transplant

Aspers, PA

#11 Nov 6, 2009
Just another case of drunk rednecks in good ole Adams County, PA. Yes sir, this here's God's Country! And you people wonder why "city folks" make fun of you.
hmmmm

Harrisburg, PA

#12 Nov 6, 2009
Can you say ILLEGAL?!? Oh wait, is that for the poaching or for the poacher? Either way, it is WRONG! On a side note, once someone comes here illegally, he/she has alread broken major laws and doesn't care about breaking any others.
82409abc

Dayton, OH

#13 Nov 6, 2009
Transplant wrote:
Just another case of drunk rednecks in good ole Adams County, PA. Yes sir, this here's God's Country! And you people wonder why "city folks" make fun of you.
Did you read the story? "He was being held Thursday night at Adams County prison on an IMMIGRATION detainer out of York" He's not a good ole redneck he is ILLEGAL. Send his ass back to where he came from.

Since: Nov 09

Newville, PA

#14 Nov 6, 2009
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean there's nothing wrong with it? That deer was shot on private property out of season. Do you think any hungry family should just be able to go blast a deer whenever and wherever they want?
once again, I say I do not see anything wrong in poaching a deer if it is the ONLY way to feed your family, and it should be a LAST resort. What these men did was wrong, from the private property to the alcohole and they should be punished for it, severly.

Let me explaine, I grew up with a lot of very traditional values. My step-fater is 1/4 native american. I believe that God places what we need on this planet for us to use when we need it. It is man who started to regulate the harvesting of wildlife because there was no balance in it. I feel one should take only what they need to survive.

My personal feelings aside, IT IS ILLEGAL TO POACH DEER. therefor whether I agree with the law or not, whether I feel it is morally ok or not is not the issue here. The issue is the total lack of judgement and responsibility of these 3 men here and I cannot condone their actions regardless of the intent.

So to answer your question, I don't feel there is anything wrong with doing what is necessary to feed your family, I never said it was ok for these men to trespass on private property and shoot that deer there. Please do not jump to conclusions or put words in my mouth, I am perfectly capable of doing that myself.
angry citizen 2

Howell, MI

#15 Nov 6, 2009
Transplant wrote:
Just another case of drunk rednecks in good ole Adams County, PA. Yes sir, this here's God's Country! And you people wonder why "city folks" make fun of you.
Okay 'city slicker', first read the article. From the article, since you are not a 'redneck' do to your superior city education, you should be able to deduct the person arrested is an illegal alien and is under deportation orders. Therefore, he is a 'transplant' just like yourself.

Yes, this is God's country, that is why you and people like you come here. And you are correct, I don't want you to turn my home into a mirror image of your corrupt violent city that you abandon. As for making fun of us, that is pure jealously on your part. You call me and my neighbors 'rednecks' because a person 'name calls' when they are so angry with their life that they are in fact jealous of the other person and wish to bring them down to their level. Either that or your command of the English language is reflective of your superior city education.

Since: Nov 09

Newville, PA

#16 Nov 6, 2009
Transplant wrote:
Just another case of drunk rednecks in good ole Adams County, PA. Yes sir, this here's God's Country! And you people wonder why "city folks" make fun of you.
aparrently someone can't read, they just like to be heard. Which is fine if they want to make an arse out of themselves
noname

United States

#17 Nov 6, 2009
If you have money for beer you shouldn't need to poach to feed your family... Oh but does beer come before food... I forget.. your kids are hungry but your last $10 is spent on beer.... and what if that kid got out of the car and they would thought that was a animal and shot the 4 yr old.... how much more redneck can you get !!!
Larry

Gwynn Oak, MD

#18 Nov 6, 2009
Is there any law that illegal aliens won't break? And that combination of alcohol, cars and guns has not been working out to well for anyone!
Sure Nuff

Fannettsburg, PA

#19 Nov 6, 2009
Just because the guy used a Little person who's birthday is on leap year--and is actually 30 years old--and was the look out, I say Blame Rendell...he cut all the Game Wardens and at least 36 jobs in the Attorney Generals' Office -Invesitgators. Were any signs posted in Universal language on a farm that historically hires transient Mexican farm laborers ? If not-- no crime committed. Read the 2008 no trespassing laws--The Land/ Homeowner MUST give a VERBAL notice first. As in,, YO! A@@ HOLE GET OFF MY LAND .Signs are no longer any use. We have one Game Warden , and he covers Adams and FIVE (5) other counties. Just call the State college Office and the disptacher will tell you. As to State Police involvement - LAWSUIT
But local police can jacklight deer from patrol cars.
WOW

Dallas, PA

#21 Nov 6, 2009
This could have MUCH worse...in addition to committing a crime, they could've seriously injured or killed the kid if he ventured out of the truck while waiting for Daddy and his drunken friends. This isn't an "illegal vs legal" issue, it's a stupidty issue. Stupid is stupid, and comes in all colors, races, shapes and sizes. I bet Mom had quite a bit to scream about when she got that call.......I hope she beat that worthless a**hole within an inch of his miserable life for endangering their son. If that was me, I'd be in the Adams County Women's prison for attempted murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Apr 5 smzdano 121
locators Dec '17 Honest Abe 2
Bucher Hill Mansion aka Swan Lake Mansion (May '08) Nov '17 Bubblers Fan 28
News Old Fire Farts Muster in Manchester Twp. (Oct '17) Oct '17 Elect Balliet 4
News Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Oct '17 JT100uk 40
News Aspers teen denied bail in stabbing case (Oct '06) Oct '17 The good guy 24
Mark Leer (Sep '17) Sep '17 Ford Mercury 1

Gardners Jobs

Personal Finance

Gardners Mortgages