Drug dealing a minority business? - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Adrian Ford, executive director of 3 Pyramids Inc., in Fitchburg, acknowledges many of the people arrested for selling drugs are minorities.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jan 24, 2011
F N Hadit

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 12, 2011
 
Ford can shut the frigg up, there are so many "programs" for minority kids out there bleeding the taxpayer dry it isn't funny. If they refuse to take advantage of them, and make HEROES of all the gangbanging turds, there isn't going to be much progress. The punks ride around in Escalades and wear 20 grand worth of gold chains around their necks, how are you going to get a kid to WORK for $10 an hour? Make the gang punks pay up big time for ruining their own communities.
notsurprised

Clinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 12, 2011
 
Agree!
Blueboy

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 12, 2011
 
F N Hadit wrote:
Ford can shut the frigg up, there are so many "programs" for minority kids out there bleeding the taxpayer dry it isn't funny. If they refuse to take advantage of them, and make HEROES of all the gangbanging turds, there isn't going to be much progress. The punks ride around in Escalades and wear 20 grand worth of gold chains around their necks, how are you going to get a kid to WORK for $10 an hour? Make the gang punks pay up big time for ruining their own communities.
WELL SAID.
Resident Alien

Clinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 12, 2011
 
This article is great because it calls out the real source of the problem in Fitchburg/Leominster --All the white trash junkies that keep the dealers in business.

Every bar in the two cities is flush with old white guys doing coke in the bathrooms while reminiscing about their high school football careers. Don't like the gangbangers? Jealous of their cars and gold chains? Then stop funding them.
Hmm

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 12, 2011
 
This article is seven years old.......... From March of 05.

As far as being "abandonded" by the white community....sounds like drug users/dealers still want to blame others for their mistakes.
Lynch for Mayor

South Lancaster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 12, 2011
 
I understand that there are racists but they are from all nationalities! No one is picking on any kids! If you want to achieve in this country, you go for it!

Unfortunately this person is making excuses for these kids! These kids could do what they want in life and they know it! Many drug dealers sell drugs because it is QUICK money and you can be lazy and earn QUICK money from selling drugs! This is FACT!

I believe that minority kids have a better chance than anyone else! Our schools are FREE! If you want to learn, you can learn! Kids of all races get fixated on resembling the lyrics of the RAP culture! It is a path to NOWHERE! No one to blame but yourself!

A woman mentions being spat on; I don't believe this! Did she tell the police? Who spat on her? What happened?

More than anyone, i agree that there is racism from ALL races! I have had people state, you are white, you don't have to worry about being pulled over! This is UNTRUE as the MAJORITY of those that recieve tickets are white! 90% of those in driving mandated class are white! Yes, it follows the population!

If you allow yourself to say "why bother,I am latino and I will not recieve a job" then you will be unemployed! Anyone can sell drugs; all races sell drugs! There is no talent involved! It is easy money that is earned from peoples addictions where most are self medicating!

Lets all take responsibility for our own actions! Stay out of gangs! And stop stating "they are family" as they DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU! Be your own leader and RESPECT yourself!!
Fitchburg Resident

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 12, 2011
 
Why are they printing an article from so long ago instead of focusing on what's going on now? I read the telegram and they have more articles about what's going on in Fitchburg then the sentinel. Catch up with the times!!!
Clueless

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 12, 2011
 
The real drug dealers you have to be afraid of is right in your doctors office. Have you ever read the side affects of the drugs they peddle? May cause nausea, projectile vomiting, heart attack, stroke and sometimes death. Should you experience any of these stop taking the medication and call your doctor.
Excallaber

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 12, 2011
 
pharmisist biggest drug dealers largerst number of addicts
mafioso

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 21, 2011
 
Hmm but no comments about the 120 Italian Mafia members who have been arrested for doing the same things or worse. Hmmmmm, always like to blame latinos but can't point the finger somewhere else. Point is EVERY RACE has people to resort to this lifestyle. Shut up already with the whole blame hispanics for all of our problems. BLAME EVERY PERSON NO MATTER WHAT NATIONALITY THEY ARE! Most of you never comment if a white person is arrested for distribution. You just say your "lock him up, he's a waste of skin," blah blah blah. But if someone with a hispanic last name is arrested all hell breaks loose. What is wrong with people, better yet what is wrong with society that it has come to this? You turn a blind eye when someone of your own race or color does it but when a minority does it's a bigger problem? It's the same thing. It's a PROBLEM. If we coexist on this planet we will all face the same problems. Most of you will either be part of the solution or part of the problem. The same can also be said for racism. Either we choose to see each individual for who they are or we choose to discriminate people's races for what society says they are.

FYI

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 22, 2011
 
mafioso wrote:
Hmm but no comments about the 120 Italian Mafia members who have been arrested for doing the same things or worse. Hmmmmm, always like to blame latinos but can't point the finger somewhere else. Point is EVERY RACE has people to resort to this lifestyle. Shut up already with the whole blame hispanics for all of our problems. BLAME EVERY PERSON NO MATTER WHAT NATIONALITY THEY ARE! Most of you never comment if a white person is arrested for distribution. You just say your "lock him up, he's a waste of skin," blah blah blah. But if someone with a hispanic last name is arrested all hell breaks loose. What is wrong with people, better yet what is wrong with society that it has come to this? You turn a blind eye when someone of your own race or color does it but when a minority does it's a bigger problem? It's the same thing. It's a PROBLEM. If we coexist on this planet we will all face the same problems. Most of you will either be part of the solution or part of the problem. The same can also be said for racism. Either we choose to see each individual for who they are or we choose to discriminate people's races for what society says they are.
I completely agree. I remember a story a while back about gangs in the area and all the comments were blaming the puerto ricans, all of them saying there are no "white" gangs. I made a comment that there are some pretty major white gangs like the Arian (sp) Nation and the Mafia. They all rushed in to say the mafia doesn't exist anymore, to which I replied they should open their eyes, because the mafia is alive and well. Now we all know this to be FACT.

These are the very same commenters that don't even know Puerto Rico is a U.S. Territory, they claim to be "american" but don't even know their own country's history. Pretty sad.
mafioso

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 22, 2011
 
Exactly.
PSA

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 22, 2011
 
Clueless wrote:
The real drug dealers you have to be afraid of is right in your doctors office. Have you ever read the side affects of the drugs they peddle? May cause nausea, projectile vomiting, heart attack, stroke and sometimes death. Should you experience any of these stop taking the medication and call your doctor.
Don't forget erections lasting longer than 4 hours.
whatever u all say

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 22, 2011
 
pretty funny how every comment defending purto ricans is from fitchburg. maybe it isnt all once race. but the deal is this, bottom line and this forum shows it, you all trail off the facts. fact 1, poverty, fact 2, NOBODY likes to take responsibilty for anything unless they have to, fact 3, courts let go the ones cops nab, which in turn makes the cops feel like what is the point? so they let them go. fact 4, NO LAWS against gang activity such as jumpings, breaking an entering, gang rapes, or big ass school brawls FITCHBURG started this past december at leominster high. also, mostly non white btw. so it ain't race. its the fact everybody makes excuses period!

you can all come on here and bitch and complain say your peace and leave but what is ever trully done? NOTHING. nobody wants to go and stand up individually u got way too much to lose, so nobody esle will, same reasons. idc what anybody says, it ain't just mass, its the entire country and world. too many people = too many problms. it ain't a recession or depression, its people not standing up for themselves and uniting unless we have a terrorist attack. then omg we r all american again! idc what ANY of you say, you want something done? protest! go to the stations, the courts, the town halls, call your senitors till their ears bleed, e-mail the fucks, knock on their doors. wtf happened to the will of this country? sad, drug using hippies stood for something and got a movement going that radiated for many decades to come, but a few wanana be rap stars, rockers, preps, dorks, geeks, whatever can't even unite to pick up a piece of cardboard write on it, and attach it to a stick let alone have a plan of action.

your right, this race bs is an issue but it will cancel itself out when things get so bad all there are are gangs in the streets robbing everyone possible. while you wait and hope, ill take action with a few of my malitia buddies who actually have a plan for when shit hits the fan. bottom line, people just want to be lazy and live like kings. would be nice if 2012 WAS real, then you'd be forced to work together. such fitchburg scum and YES i am from here so i know what it is. and better know im moving out of this place were only shit talk seems to be the hype. get a life guys...its a wonder you call got energy to argue behind a screen safely, but can't do whats right for your own town. i guess unitil doesn't have a worry in the world with this. least those protestors had the balls to stand up for what they thought was right.
No Fear

Bolton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 22, 2011
 
Two words ...

Midnight Basketball
INS

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 23, 2011
 
mafioso wrote:
Hmm but no comments about the 120 Italian Mafia members who have been arrested for doing the same things or worse. Hmmmmm, always like to blame latinos but can't point the finger somewhere else. Point is EVERY RACE has people to resort to this lifestyle. Shut up already with the whole blame hispanics for all of our problems. BLAME EVERY PERSON NO MATTER WHAT NATIONALITY THEY ARE! Most of you never comment if a white person is arrested for distribution. You just say your "lock him up, he's a waste of skin," blah blah blah. But if someone with a hispanic last name is arrested all hell breaks loose. What is wrong with people, better yet what is wrong with society that it has come to this? You turn a blind eye when someone of your own race or color does it but when a minority does it's a bigger problem? It's the same thing. It's a PROBLEM. If we coexist on this planet we will all face the same problems. Most of you will either be part of the solution or part of the problem. The same can also be said for racism. Either we choose to see each individual for who they are or we choose to discriminate people's races for what society says they are.
The italians were not on state benefits while doing business like you migrants are
mafioso

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 24, 2011
 
INS wrote:
<quoted text>The italians were not on state benefits while doing business like you migrants are
Ha ha ha it must have offended you to hear the truth. Now I would like you to prove that every hispanic is living with government assistance.

So from your statement I guess you are saying it's ok to murder, sell drugs, extort your own people and many other things as long as your are not living with government assistance? Please do tell, I would really like your insight on this so I can spread the word. By the way thank you for proving my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Gardner News Video

•••
•••

Gardner Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gardner People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Gardner News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gardner
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••