Storm causes power outages throughout North Central Massachuset...

Thursday night's ice storm knocked out power to thousands of homes and businesses in the region, and outages are expected to last into the weekend if not longer, officials said. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Larry

Worcester, MA

#1 Dec 13, 2008
Just wanted to say that the Leominster DPW did an amazing job clearing the roads. I could not beleve the amount of downed trees along Hill Street alone.

Mass Electric crews restored power to my home last evening, which was much earlier than I anticipated.

Thank You
Maria

Garnerville, NY

#2 Dec 13, 2008
I live in Bolton Massachusetts which is right next to Lancaster. The roads looked absolutly terrible trees and ice everywhere. I could not believe it all, it was like something out of a movie.

Overall though, the police, and road crew are doing a great job of keeping us safe and I just want to let them know that I appriciate that.

I know it is not the best situaton and I'm not sure we could do anything else as citizens, but if we just make it through it will be all better.
greg

Waterbury, VT

#3 Dec 13, 2008
we have to say thank to the road crews for keeping the roads open, we left leominster friday morning and are hoping to return by monday. we want to stay but without power or heat it was just to hard for us as we are old.
Andy

Worcester, MA

#4 Dec 13, 2008
Well I live in Gardner and have been to Leominster and I have to say no comparison. Not taking anything away from Leominster, but Gardner looks like a war zone.
Tamy

AOL

#5 Dec 13, 2008
I left Winchendon Friday evening with my 2 year old and my sister..found an hotel in Waltham which was the closest where a room was available. I work in Gardner, so it makes it a long drive from waltham. I'm stucked in the hotel awaiting for the power to turn back on, not knowing for how long I can stay.. I stopped by home saturday morning it was freezing and realized it was unbearable to stay at home. I pray God that we get it back by tomorrow.....
Zureka

Dedham, MA

#6 Dec 13, 2008
I am At Atlantic Union College in South Lancaster MA, the college is housing people who need a shelter because there's power here.
GLORIA

Lincoln, NH

#7 Dec 14, 2008
I live in Maine now, but im from Union st Leominster. When i was told how bad it was , i started worrying about my family members, back home. I call there cell phones. and thank GOD for meme.. she has a woodstove and a generator.. When they said get ready.. I did.Water generator gasthe things you need for hard time . Good luck to all of you. And i hope you get to go home soon. keep warm and stay safe. Praying for you all from up NORTH...G.Dustin missing home. but will be home for x-mas ...
Eric D Actor

Leominster, MA

#8 Dec 14, 2008
Andy wrote:
Well I live in Gardner and have been to Leominster and I have to say no comparison. Not taking anything away from Leominster, but Gardner looks like a war zone.
That's what Gardner looked like before the storm?
Nikki

United States

#9 Dec 14, 2008
Eric D Actor wrote:
<quoted text>
Im from Gardner as well and I have never seen anything like the destruction this storm caused... any news on when power will be restored?!?!?
Kareem

Tunisia

#10 Dec 14, 2008
I am in Tunisia , but my family ( my pregant wife and my stepdaughter) are in Clinton MA , i lost all the means to contact them , no computers , no phones , i am so worry about them and i do not know how are they doing , i am praying just that power go back soon then i can contact them.
lisa

Amherst, MA

#11 Dec 14, 2008
Eric D Actor wrote:
<quoted text>
thats rude
Another Kim

Lunenburg, MA

#12 Dec 14, 2008
Kareem wrote:
I am in Tunisia , but my family ( my pregant wife and my stepdaughter) are in Clinton MA , i lost all the means to contact them , no computers , no phones , i am so worry about them and i do not know how are they doing , i am praying just that power go back soon then i can contact them.
Kareem, is the child yours?
Leominster Info

Falmouth, MA

#13 Dec 14, 2008
Nadine Binkley called all Parents Saturday because of no school on Monday in Leominster.

South East school is swet up with Cots and Hot food.

Pass the word to any Leominster residents still in the dark or that have comcast for phone service.
Kareem

Tunisia

#14 Dec 14, 2008
Another Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
Kareem, is the child yours?
yes he is !!!
Riley Martin

United States

#15 Dec 15, 2008
It's amazing with no power and nothing to do how many beers you can consume sitting next to the fireplace.
Eric the Midget

Gloucester, MA

#16 Dec 15, 2008
Riley Martin wrote:
It's amazing with no power and nothing to do how many beers you can consume sitting next to the fireplace.
I agree. Beer and scotch have been the true heroes during all this. We now know that the three most important inventions were electricity, wood-tree chippers and booze.
Wilson

Maynard, MA

#17 Dec 15, 2008
I live in Shirley. I have my power but have no cable, internet or phone. My friend in Leominster got his cable back on Sunday morning. Does anyone in Shirley (that has power) have cable yet? Comcast has no info.
Eric D Decent Human

United States

#18 Dec 15, 2008
Eric D Actor wrote:
<quoted text>
JERK!!!
With all the surffering people are going through in Gardner and surrounding cities and towns, you take the time to write such an insensitive post.
Sign off and try to spend your time helping people and quit being an A-hole.
Eric D Decent Human

United States

#20 Dec 15, 2008
Eric D Decent Human wrote:
<quoted text>
JERK!!!
With all the surffering people are going through in Gardner and surrounding cities and towns, you take the time to write such an insensitive post.
Sign off and try to spend your time helping people and quit being an ****.
Sorry "suffering". I'm still so pissed at D Actor's comment, I can't spell. The sad thing is I know this guy. I never would have thought he was such an idiot.

Call Howard Stern if you want to make fun of people.
BaBa Booey.
Pete

Framingham, MA

#21 Dec 15, 2008
I agree. Me and my friend drank a case each three night in a row. I am feeling my liver bulge out today though

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jtn gets a sex change 1 hr Jon G 3
A skidding Saturday as snow hits heavier than e... (Jan '14) 2 hr Jon G 2
Jtn or lynch 3 hr Jtn 4
I love you JTn 3 hr Kim 3
New police chief announcement 3 hr Kim 3
Ebola cure 4 hr Ken 5
Should Jtn run for Governor of Massachusetts? 6 hr Ken 4
•••

Gardner News Video

•••