Gardner body identified as 16-year-old

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Kansas City Star

A teen found dead behind a Gardner house was identified today as Dakota DeRemus.

DeRemus, 16, was a student of Gardner Edgerton High School and lived in the 100 block of South Aspen Street, the same block where his body was found just before 5 p.m. yesterday. Police however have declined to say if there were any obvious signs of a homicide or to release any other details about the death.

An autopsy is being performed to determine what killed the boy. Police have said a cause of death could be available today. Read more

Full Story
Kaleb c

San Francisco, CA

#1 Feb 7, 2008
I think this is cruel and mean whoever did it... whoever did should be put behind bars for life! If the killler is reading this he/she should know that he will be found and put away.
brittany

Liberty, MO

#2 Feb 7, 2008
i went to school with dakota all through elementary school. I always remember the other kids makin fun of him and stuff because he was a little bit slower than the rest of us. Its sad to see that the world is so cruel.
babs

Olathe, KS

#3 Feb 8, 2008
I want more of my property tax $$ to go to the Gardner police dept and about $5 bucks to go the #231 school district. Anyone that would move their kids into Gardner should think twice. There is something about the dynamics of this town that makes it extra caustic to kids. The after school fights have become the after school thing to do (oh yeah, film it and put it on youtube). Put in an arcade for gods sake!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RS the sugardaddy in Olathe Jan 9 mossy seaman 4
Directv Referral Code - Get $100 (Sep '11) Dec '14 angusho 8
Review: Custom Performance Cycle Dec '14 Jason 1
Julie Bilhimer (Apr '14) Nov '14 GoldenAge 4
clash Nov '14 cameron 1
Debate: Marijuana - Olathe, KS (Sep '10) Nov '14 Ruger 20
Diana R Speee Nov '14 omg 3
Gardner Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gardner People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?