Talk of the Town

Do you think gay people should be allowed to be foster parents? I think it is a right anyone should have regardless of their sexual orientation. Read more
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
they are humans too

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Jul 24, 2006
who are we to judge! No matter what anyone thinks sex and same gender has nothing to do with the way a child should be raised. Most are raised by straights and they end up gay. Does that say that two gay people dont have a chance to raise a child just like anyother. Geez why the world picks on people for not being normal. What the hell is normal anyway? You tell me? It is bad that society judges people for what they do in there bedroom. Which is none of anyones business as long as they keep what they do in there bedroom and dont allow the child to know. They can love just like anyother. I dont know why this such a topic. Doesnt the world have anyone else to pic on. Hey I am straight but, I feel that it is your own right to do what you want in this life. Why not foster kids need parents they dont discriminate who gets them they are just out there wanting a family just like anyother. Parents and children have a bond no matter what there personal preferance in there own privacy is. I would love my parents no matter who they are. Parents arnt based on sexual orientation they are based on family values. Which has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Bi-Sexuals have kids if you discriminate someone who is fully gay why not them too. Get a life and find someone else to judge more like yourself. Who are you? and what makes you any better than anyone else in this world. NO body is better than anyone thank you! Thats what my parents taught me! To think this is a topic is a discrace
Knight

Ann Arbor, MI

#2 Jul 24, 2006
"Which is none of anyones business as long as they keep what they do in there bedroom and dont allow the child to know"

LOL....LOL! I can just imagine the scene.

Tommy ( 5 yrs old) hears strange noises coming from
Bill and Teds room, he gets kinda scared cuz he hears
grunts. He wonders what's going on in there. Tommy
opens the door to see Daddy and Daddy hurting eachother.
Well, to Tommy it seems that way. Ted and Bill turn to
see their 'normal' kid standing in the hall way...eyes
popped wide open, jaw dropped......

Ya..that sure is normal and who am I to judge when it comes to
grown men sticking thier c *cks up eachothers holes and telling
thier adopted kids it's normal.....
Gia

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Jul 24, 2006
Knight wrote:
"Which is none of anyones business as long as they keep what they do in there bedroom and dont allow the child to know"
LOL....LOL! I can just imagine the scene.
Tommy ( 5 yrs old) hears strange noises coming from
Bill and Teds room, he gets kinda scared cuz he hears
grunts. He wonders what's going on in there. Tommy
opens the door to see Daddy and Daddy hurting eachother.
Well, to Tommy it seems that way. Ted and Bill turn to
see their 'normal' kid standing in the hall way...eyes
popped wide open, jaw dropped......
Ya..that sure is normal and who am I to judge when it comes to
grown men sticking thier c *cks up eachothers holes and telling
thier adopted kids it's normal.....
SEX between two consenting adults is normal.
Concerned in Stilwell

Kansas City, MO

#4 Jul 24, 2006
In reference to Knight's comment above: "... to see their 'normal' kid..."

As apposed to the abnormal gay parents? I may be straight, but even I know that just because you are part of a minority does not mean that you are not normal.

Yes, I believe that gay people should be able to foster children. The highest concern should be to a healthy environment, not the sexual preference of the people willing to take on such an enourmous responsibility. Many studies have been done with regard to gay couples or individuals raising wonderful, healthy children. What is the scare... that the children will "turn gay"? I really hope that in years to come we can all look back at topics like this and realize how far we have come from discrimination.
Rob in NY

Shoreham, NY

#5 Jul 24, 2006
Concerned in Stilwell wrote:
In reference to Knight's comment above: "... to see their 'normal' kid..."
As apposed to the abnormal gay parents? I may be straight, but even I know that just because you are part of a minority does not mean that you are not normal.
Yes, I believe that gay people should be able to foster children. The highest concern should be to a healthy environment, not the sexual preference of the people willing to take on such an enourmous responsibility. Many studies have been done with regard to gay couples or individuals raising wonderful, healthy children. What is the scare... that the children will "turn gay"? I really hope that in years to come we can all look back at topics like this and realize how far we have come from discrimination.
Thank you for these remarks. It's especially appreciated coming from a heteroseuxal person. It can be so stressful to read such prejudiced remarks as the ones you responded to. I read them and respond hoping that another reader may be swayed to a logical and fair conclusion. That is my way of doing "something" for the cause. But tonight, I was just too tired, and emotionally beat after several other nasty posts,,,, so I am very thankful to you for speaking up..

I too hope that not too many years from now, people will look back on these prejudiced attitudes, and wonder why anyone was able to claim them..
Dave Seattle Wa

Seattle, WA

#6 Jul 24, 2006
Knight wrote:
"Which is none of anyones business as long as they keep what they do in there bedroom and dont allow the child to know"
LOL....LOL! I can just imagine the scene.
Tommy ( 5 yrs old) hears strange noises coming from
Bill and Teds room, he gets kinda scared cuz he hears
grunts. He wonders what's going on in there. Tommy
opens the door to see Daddy and Daddy hurting eachother.
Well, to Tommy it seems that way. Ted and Bill turn to
see their 'normal' kid standing in the hall way...eyes
popped wide open, jaw dropped......
Ya..that sure is normal and who am I to judge when it comes to
grown men sticking thier c *cks up eachothers holes and telling
thier adopted kids it's normal.....
Sorry, Knight, what's 'normal' for you just ain't normal for everyone else. Your value systems are yours & those of others who agree with you, however, I don't want a value system loaded with negativity. My spiritual beliefs include the principle that: "God is unconditional and non-judgemental love". No thanks your kind of values aren't good enough for me.
Houston

New Berlin, WI

#8 Jul 25, 2006
Excuse me.... but WHO says homosexual is 'normal?'
It may 'be' and they may foster, but being homosexual is not normal.
Not yet.
If it were then I would think it was normal but you guys just keep working away at it.

So Dave lets get this straight (so to speak) homosexual is normal and unconditionally loving includes shunning others just because you don't agree with their opinion?
lol
Knight

Ann Arbor, MI

#9 Jul 25, 2006
Ya, didn't you hear Houston.... GAY IS OK.
It's good for the environment and OK for you.
Houston

New Berlin, WI

#10 Jul 25, 2006
PS... in response to your question.
I don't know if gay people should be able to foster?
I think some should. Just the same as some straight folks.
It really depends on who they are.
Foster parents should be more thoroughly checked out for the safety of the child.
TampaBob

Tampa, FL

#11 Jul 25, 2006
WHAT IS NORMAL?

Is it "normal" to be 200lbs overweight? Should being obese be a reason for not being a foster parent. I mean, overeating and obesity is second in death rate only to smoking.

My point is - NORMAL is very subjective.

I would argue that ANY child walking in on his parents having sex would NOT understand why daddy is jamming mommy's head into his privates. Or why mommy is spanking daddy with a belt and daddy has a blind fold on.

Sorry Knight, but your "scenerio" holds no water.

WHY? BECAUSE ALL YOU BIBLE-THUMPING, GAY HATING, INTOLERANT PEOPLE JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET YOUR MINDS OUR OF OUR BEDROOMS!

I have NEVER seen so many str8 folks obsessed with the sexual activities of another group in my life. Consensual sex between people of the same sex IS NOT ILLEGAL!

Providing a loving and safe environment for children who now live in group homes IS the issue.

The fact that so many str8 folks just can't grasp the concept that 2 people (of the same sex) can love each other and WANT to help children in need grow into strong members of society just boggles my mind.

Its about LOVE - NOT SEX!
Gia

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Jul 25, 2006
Houston wrote:
Excuse me.... but WHO says homosexual is 'normal?'
I do, homosexality is part of the diversity in all living creatures.DO you have a problem with MY OPINION Of NORMAL??
Houston wrote:
It may 'be' and they may foster, but being homosexual is not normal.
Well tell me what is NORMAL? is everyone being the same normal? no differences at all? are you insecure with DFFERENCES?
Houston wrote:
If it were then I would think it was normal but you guys just keep working away at it.
What YOU think is NORMAL is not my problem.... prove it is not normal.

The rest was simply to pointless to comment on....
Houston

New Berlin, WI

#13 Jul 25, 2006
Well TampaBob in real life what it's all really and truly about is also pretty subjective isn't it?
What it SHOULD be about is LOVE but if it wasn't really about SEX there wouldn't even be any real controversy about it would there?

I don't think it is a great option that kids be raised in a gay home -given a choice.(I have my reasons and I think they are great)
I spent most of my teen years with foster children in my home and I know that in many situations it is dire that they recieve help NOW -- so short of being put in a situation where they will/may be further abused, in reality they just need help- gay or straight.
Who said anything about gay peoples ability to love each other or anything else??

As much as I would like to stay and play I have to get in to work now.
Houston

New Berlin, WI

#14 Jul 25, 2006
Yea Gia I guess I do.
Houston

New Berlin, WI

#15 Jul 25, 2006
It is not to me to prove anything to you.
Prove it to me.
How are you going to do that?
See you would like to make me out to be an irrational intolerant unloving person merely because I shared with you my opinion which is that being gay is not NORMAL. You would be worng about me.
And yea I'm not ignorant either, what IS normal?

Well Gia for starters, in my life normal isn't being gay./shrug
Knight

Ann Arbor, MI

#16 Jul 25, 2006
I don't thump bibles, I'm certainly not obsessed with what you
stick your co*k into and am very tolerant of others that
don't share my views on life. I work in the art field and if there's any sterotypical field of working with the gay lifestyle
it's in art. There is nothing worse than a gay male with attitude........

My scenario doesn't hold any water because it was a joke. J O K E. You all need to lighten up with the rhetorical responses of
how I should accept you and how I should treat your choices of
lifestyle..maybe practice what you preach?

I never said it was Illegal...quit putting typed words in my
mouth..(no pun).

Back on TOPIX... I agree that I'm sure there is responsible parents of the same sex that would make great parents and hope they get to adopt a child, just don't go asking for preferential
treatment based on your sexual & love interest/lifestyle. But I really doubt a child raised by homosexuals will lead a life without the 'normal' trials and tribulations they already go thru. My guess...and it's only a guess...is that gay teenagers as some of you were at one point in your life was prolly not
"OUT" of your proverbial closet? You were probably ridiculed,
abused verbally by the hetero teenagers and society in general.

This abuse has made you bitter. Bitter to anyone not agreeing with you lifestyle. Yes? No? Maybe? So...your now grown up
(relatively speaking) and have a wonderful boyfriend or girlfriend and since you cannot procreate NATURALLY you decide to adopt. Good for you! Adoption happens and now the child is in grade school, being he didn't choose his parents he has no choice to accept your lifestyle and does so without question.
Til the other kids notice Bill and Ted at the ice cream social.

I think your getting my point. I don't have one. I'm just here
rambling about 2 fictional gay people raising a kid whose going to need years and years of therapy. And now I will go to the next cubicle and ask the token gay employee if he has some Chai
tea I can borrow and then he will say "Yessth" and I will say
"Thank you Thad" he will smile and I will smile back.

Then I'll come back to these forums and scratch my left nut wondering what this world is coming to.
Gia

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Jul 25, 2006
Houston wrote:
It is not to me to prove anything to you.
Prove it to me.How are you going to do that?

YOU want me to prove that nature is diverse?? thats not hard to do my dear....
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/...

"Moral and ethical views on homosexuality will forever be a matter of an individual's opinion, but one aspect of the debate needs to stop: the belief that homosexuality is not natural. It is simply not true. Believe it or not, homosexuality and bisexuality are not the creation of humans looking for alternative lifestyles.

Many species in nature have been observed as exhibiting homosexual behavior. In some primate species, males who are denied mating opportunities by stronger, more dominant males or males who are sexually immature will often be seen performing sexual acts to each other. Some may even continue this behavior long into adulthood."
http://www.dailyfreepress.com/media/storage/p...

"Recent studies in animal sexuality serve to dispel two common myths: that sex is exclusively about reproduction and that homosexuality is an unnatural sexual preference. It now appears that sex is also about recreation as it frequently occurs out of the mating season. And same-sex copulation and bonding are common in hundreds of species, from bonobo apes to gulls."

http://samvak.tripod.com/sexnature.html
[QUOTE who="Houston"]
See you would like to make me out to be an irrational intolerant unloving person merely because I shared with you my opinion which is that being gay is not NORMAL.
YOur opinion that homosexuality is not normal is based on what ? is it based on a RATIONAL, tolerant point of view? I think you are under the impression that you are entitled to have an irrational intolerant opinion and not be called on it just because it is YOUR opinion. NO one not even me can MAKE you out to be anything, who you are how you treat others is YOUR responsibility and YOUR doing.
Houston wrote:
You would be worng about me.
based on what you have said so far , I can only assume you are intolerant of diversity.
Houston wrote:
And yea I'm not ignorant either, what IS normal?
ummm ok sure....
Houston wrote:
Well Gia for starters, in my life normal isn't being gay./shrug
wow really? and your point would be???? YOU are not gay ... hmmm so does that mean because YOU are not gay that people that are gay are ABNORMAL??? gee thats not irrational and intolerant eh?
Gia

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Jul 25, 2006
Houston:

Just in case read the small print the post got messed up >>>
Knight

Ann Arbor, MI

#19 Jul 25, 2006
Gia...is your named based off that movie with Ms. Lips
Angela Jolie? Or is it an acronym?

G.ay
I.s
A.ight

Also, please limit the number of "??" usages to a maximum
of 10 times per post. Thank you.
Gia

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Jul 25, 2006
Knight wrote:
Gia...is your named based off that movie with Ms. Lips
Angela Jolie? Or is it an acronym?
G.ay
I.s
A.ight
Also, please limit the number of "??" usages to a maximum
of 10 times per post. Thank you.
My name is Gianna is that a problem too> ?
Gia

Jacksonville, FL

#21 Jul 25, 2006
Knight wrote:
I don't thump bibles, I'm certainly not obsessed with what you
stick your co*k into and am very tolerant of others that
don't share my views on life. I work in the art field and if there's any sterotypical field of working with the gay lifestyle
it's in art. There is nothing worse than a gay male with attitude........
My scenario doesn't hold any water because it was a joke. J O K E. You all need to lighten up with the rhetorical responses of
how I should accept you and how I should treat your choices of
lifestyle..maybe practice what you preach?
I never said it was Illegal...quit putting typed words in my
mouth..(no pun).
Back on TOPIX... I agree that I'm sure there is responsible parents of the same sex that would make great parents and hope they get to adopt a child, just don't go asking for preferential
treatment based on your sexual & love interest/lifestyle. But I really doubt a child raised by homosexuals will lead a life without the 'normal' trials and tribulations they already go thru. My guess...and it's only a guess...is that gay teenagers as some of you were at one point in your life was prolly not
"OUT" of your proverbial closet? You were probably ridiculed,
abused verbally by the hetero teenagers and society in general.
This abuse has made you bitter. Bitter to anyone not agreeing with you lifestyle. Yes? No? Maybe? So...your now grown up
(relatively speaking) and have a wonderful boyfriend or girlfriend and since you cannot procreate NATURALLY you decide to adopt. Good for you! Adoption happens and now the child is in grade school, being he didn't choose his parents he has no choice to accept your lifestyle and does so without question.
Til the other kids notice Bill and Ted at the ice cream social.
I think your getting my point. I don't have one. I'm just here
rambling about 2 fictional gay people raising a kid whose going to need years and years of therapy. And now I will go to the next cubicle and ask the token gay employee if he has some Chai
tea I can borrow and then he will say "Yessth" and I will say
"Thank you Thad" he will smile and I will smile back.
Then I'll come back to these forums and scratch my left nut wondering what this world is coming to.
ahhh so your point is that bigots that raise lil bigots to PICK , and ridicule children that are gay or because they have gay parents are the cause of these children needing "therapy" so tell me who is the BAD parent here ??and thus who is at FAULT and WRONG then?? The Parent teaching INTOLERANCE of others >?? maybe
Amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Olathe, KS (Dec '11) Mar 19 Lisa 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Kevin Yoder as Representative? (Aug '14) Feb '15 kctechnopro 2
News First same-sex couple weds in Kansas at Johnson... Feb '15 n2dep2care 7
News As Edwin R. Hall nears sentencing, questions re... (Sep '08) Jan '15 toto 2
RS the sugardaddy in Olathe Jan '15 fedupru 6
anyone want to sext or more in independence? wa... Jan '15 Redstaff 1
Julie Bilhimer (Apr '14) Nov '14 GoldenAge 4
Gardner Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gardner People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]