BNSF Rail Hub controversy

BNSF Rail Hub controversy

There are 2 comments on the KansasCity.com story from Dec 23, 2009, titled BNSF Rail Hub controversy. In it, KansasCity.com reports that:

The organization opposing the BNSF rail hub in Gardner calls themselves the "Hillsdale Environmental Loss Prevention Inc," and they are consistently described by The Star as an "environmental group". Maybe they are, and I don't doubt that they have genuine concerns about the impact of this facility on the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KansasCity.com.

Concerned

Sioux Falls, SD

#1 Jan 5, 2010
This is ridiculous. I am so tired of the stuff. Let them build and bring the economy up, Gardner needs this.
Work in Gardner

Deltona, FL

#2 Feb 26, 2010
Concerned Sioux Falls, SD wrote:

This is ridiculous. I am so tired of the stuff. Let them build and bring the economy up, Gardner needs this.

I agree with your statement however what BNSF needs to understand is that the majority of the people in Garder are snobbish, self centered money grubbers that whine if you try to bring anything good to thier "fine city". They would rather stay in the dark ages and live a good ole boy lifestyle. The introduction of any type of revenue generating business in this community is frowned on. All that can be said from the residents is, "My taxes will go up, the buildings are ugly (although not even built), it will bring crime to the area, they will hire nothing but thugs that will be running our streets, it stinks, it is noisy" etc... etc... etc...

There were so many people in a tizzy when the Coleman plant was built it wasn't funny. I think were I the CEO of Coleman I would walk out and let the city figure out what to do with the 1.5 million square foot distribution plant that brought jobs to their community. What do they do? Cry, whine and moan about taxes and the fact it is unsightly.

This city does everything they possibly can to run the 'outsider' out, it is quite apparent and shows in the amount of business that is here. Just ask anyone that has tried to open a restaraunt and has to deal with Bob and Dee's ownershit that runs everyone out because they may lose a buck.

You Gardner people need to wake up. Olathe is going to roll through and take you over and I hope they do it soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The American Optimism of a Kansas Muslim Apr 8 Andrew 1
Skyhook Ladder Co. Mar '18 Ray 1
News Prieb Homes: Affordable homes appeal to first-t... (Aug '10) Feb '18 deeeee 5
News Olathe police release identity of homicide victim Feb '18 MrBag01 1
moving to kansas city (Feb '06) Jan '18 Your soulmate 555
News Cindy LeeAnn Richards Dec '17 BernieSnackers 1
Laura Lisbeth Dec '17 BWR 2

Gardner Jobs

Personal Finance

Gardner Mortgages