2 shot in Gardena drive-by

2 shot in Gardena drive-by

There are 47 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jan 31, 2008, titled 2 shot in Gardena drive-by. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Two people standing in the parking lot of a Mexican fast- food restaurant in Gardena were wounded in a drive-by shooting, authorities said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jeff

Redondo Beach, CA

#1 Jan 31, 2008
Amazing how many people are wounded and killed in the United States by drive-by shootings - in our very own streets. I don't mind presidential candidates discussing lost lives in Iraq during debates'. However, it seems as though not enough is discussed about the violence in our own backyards. I'm sick of all the gangs terrorizing our cities.
Dave

Burlington, NC

#2 Jan 31, 2008
Doesn't seem to be getting any better here in Gardena

Since: Jan 08

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2008
Where is the new police chief and all of his "new" ideas?
c mon now

United States

#5 Jan 31, 2008
DAEC wrote:
Now here is a "non-educated" person speaking. You ask where he was? It doesn't matter where he is, he can't be everywhere a crime is commited, no matter what kind of ideas a person has. Idiotic.
Sam Gompers

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jan 31, 2008
In America, over 30,000 die from gunshot wounds yearly. That's an average of 82 a day. Education is a big part of the answer, but yet it's a problem. Would you send your kids to Perry Middle or Gardena High?

United States

#7 Jan 31, 2008
c mon now wrote:
<quoted text>Now here is a "non-educated" person speaking. You ask where he was? It doesn't matter where he is, he can't be everywhere a crime is commited, no matter what kind of ideas a person has. Idiotic.
That actually was a rhetorical question, but I am assuming it went over your head. It meant that the new and improved police chief has made many promises to help clean up Gardena, and this does not seem to be working. Sorry that my comment went beyond your comprehension.
Justin

United States

#8 Jan 31, 2008
Its pretty sad that its regular citizens who pay the price for gangs warfare when they have nothing to do with it.I hope the girl is okay and these shooters are cowards!
Editor

Carson, CA

#11 Jan 31, 2008
A 25-year-old wound was shot in her left hip? Did the DB mean to say woman? Where is the editor of this paper? I see more and more typos in this publication every day.
Junior Editor

Menifee, CA

#18 Jan 31, 2008
Editor wrote:
A 25-year-old wound was shot in her left hip? Did the DB mean to say woman? Where is the editor of this paper? I see more and more typos in this publication every day.
Yeaj, lotz of tipos. They ate provavly rusing to git the story out in oder to brake the story fist. I tink they media givs pints to thos that brak the story furst.
nearby

Compton, CA

#20 Jan 31, 2008
Standing outside in Gardena is not recommended. Especially when a shooting happened last week around Gardena Blvd. Take your meetings inside people.
Just a thought

Torrance, CA

#21 Jan 31, 2008
DAEC wrote:
Typical response.....how about what can I do and what can I do in my own community to help the police battle out of control gang members? Too many residents depend on the police, instead the community should band together. Especially in cities like Gardena where residents generally don't want to get involved! Step up and do something.
carlyg

Bullhead City, AZ

#25 Feb 1, 2008
Doug wrote:
Is this close to where those punks shot a Gardena cop?<quoted text>
It's about 3 miles. But you have to remember that Gardena is a small town.
carlyg

Bullhead City, AZ

#26 Feb 1, 2008
Junior Editor wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, are you sure you live in Gardena? I used to live there myself 25 years ago. It was dangerous back then and much, much worse now! Western and Artesia was never a "ghetto". 168th and Normandie, now that was closer to a "ghetto".
Hey Junior, are you sure your from the right part of Gardena? I actually did live there 25 years ago. Maybe I know you. But the Getto was really between Marine (used to be Compton Ave and El Segundo) Remember that?(The Golf Course?) I am from 157th and Vermont, which they consider Gardena, of course if something happens in which case it's LAPD
Tired of the trolls

Redlands, CA

#28 Feb 1, 2008
Karlheinz haiter = TROLL
The Hawk = TROLL

We these two find it neccessary to comment on everyone's thoughts is mind-boggling. Their rhetoric is often incomprehensible --what are they trying to say all the time? Do they work for the Daily Breeze. Do they have noting else to do? Why not start your own blog --it's free!! You can ramble your nothings for eternity!!!
Jenny

United States

#30 Feb 1, 2008
nearby wrote:
Standing outside in Gardena is not recommended. Especially when a shooting happened last week around Gardena Blvd. Take your meetings inside people.
Why should people let these idiot gangsters run how they live there life. Its almost like sayingyou shouldnt drive your car because of the car accident two days ago.

Los Angeles, CA

#31 Feb 1, 2008
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical response.....how about what can I do and what can I do in my own community to help the police battle out of control gang members? Too many residents depend on the police, instead the community should band together. Especially in cities like Gardena where residents generally don't want to get involved! Step up and do something.
Yes, your right, next time I will go out and look for a gang gathering myself and make sure I am packin' so I can handle the shooting..ridiculous..isnt that what we pay our taxes for? I understand community policing, but police are the ones able to deal with the gangs..we should not take that into our hands.
launa

United States

#34 Feb 1, 2008
i used to live in gardena about a block from josies place never had any problems there always a nice place to eat and the employees were great. i work at the yellow basket, 166th and western, went go peary and gardena high.never had any problems with anyone. still have friends there
Hawk Squawk

United States

#35 Feb 1, 2008
Tired of the trolls wrote:
Karlheinz haiter = TROLL
The Hawk = TROLL
We these two find it neccessary to comment on everyone's thoughts is mind-boggling. Their rhetoric is often incomprehensible --what are they trying to say all the time? Do they work for the Daily Breeze. Do they have noting else to do? Why not start your own blog --it's free!! You can ramble your nothings for eternity!!!
You think they are the same guy?
angelina

United States

#41 Feb 1, 2008
Sam Gompers wrote:
In America, over 30,000 die from gunshot wounds yearly. That's an average of 82 a day. Education is a big part of the answer, but yet it's a problem. Would you send your kids to Perry Middle or Gardena High?
My son goes to Gardena Elem. and one goes to Peary he is graduating this year and has had no problems with gangs I do worry everyday, but not just because of school here in gardena but kids and teens are getting hurt and killed EVERYWHERE even in nice areas you always here someone say 'THIS IS A NICE AREA I CAN'T BELEIVE SOMETHING SO HORRIBLE HAPPEND HERE"
TEACH AND TALK TO YOUR KID AND HOPE YOU DO GOOD BY THEM
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#43 Feb 1, 2008
Hey I know that area pretty well. Remember the murder of 2 golfers at the golf course (El Segundo and Western) many moons ago?

BTW the Rib Nest makes the best BBQ in town. Across the street from where the old MaxFactor building once stood.
carlyg wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Junior, are you sure your from the right part of Gardena? I actually did live there 25 years ago. Maybe I know you. But the Getto was really between Marine (used to be Compton Ave and El Segundo) Remember that?(The Golf Course?) I am from 157th and Vermont, which they consider Gardena, of course if something happens in which case it's LAPD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fre Rips Through a House in West Hills Caught o... 10 hr Newsroom_LA 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Anybody Anywhere 21,174
News Solana Beach bucks trend by keeping red light c... 20 hr okimar 2
Review: Six Flags Magic Mountain Bowling League Mon 6 FLAGS MAGIC MOU... 15
News California tries to goose electric car sales wi... Sun Solarman 1
News California challenges Trump's end to young immi... Sun RiccardoFire 59
Review: Inglewood Lanes Bowling Center Sep 16 INGLEWOOD LANES I... 78

Gardena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gardena Mortgages