lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#2651 Jul 10, 2013
lmsa wrote:
They usually have 2 to 4 Rec teams that play in NOCIL.
Since they are still only going with 1 Club or Sig in U13 and U14 that number shouldn't change much, if at all.
so what im asking is will they have a club team u14 ? or a signature team ? i heard not enough players?.....this is where we see kids drop and others just find their true sport nich.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2652 Jul 10, 2013
YES
SIGNATURE
lmsa wrote:
anyone know if LMSA will have any kind of team for u14? be it Signature or Club?.so u13 boys is the oldest competetive LMSA aged team?
SoCalSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

#2653 Jul 10, 2013
If u look on their web site they have a BU13 in Sig and a BU14 in Club.
Don't know if that's up to date, but it seems right.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2654 Jul 10, 2013
great point-
What defines success, proven results, doesn't your comment say that unless they are higher level coaches should be paid or paid by their results.
You and I have seen way to many times trainers making money on mid level lowest bracket teams and parents paying that money because one they don't know any better, false hopes and MY KID PLAYS CLUB although they can only make a bottom bracket team
got to leave going to play golf
Coach too wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do all these daddy coaches or has been coaches keep attempting to degrade a coach/trainer who asked for fees to work with someone's kid?
Yeah, almost everyone started out as Daddy coaches, then due to hard work and proven results over the LONG HAUL they have found that people will pay for the services they offer.
If they weren't good at what they do, if they didn't have proven TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS in the BIG arena they would fall flat on their face. And they wouldn't have any clients.
Yeah, Daddy ball will get you into Bronze or Silver Club and if your lucky a great seat on the Varsity bench, or more likely a playing role in JV till your a Senior they you'll get some playing time on Varsity. But if you want true results you do have to seek out and find those high level coaches/trainers/clubs.
There are numerous examples of that right now on the LMHS G-Varsity. For example that Freshman forward. She won every award a soccer player can get in her first year of HS. And that is simply because her parents saw something in her,(don's all parents) and then they sought out the best program for her. And it has payed back tenfold.
The local small clubs and programs are good for what they are, but don't sell yourself or your kid short and think that it is even close to the best.
Another example, the Xplosion GU16 that won a Governor's State Cup. Good print, but did you know that division is only for Bronze or lower and Rec/Sig teams. HIGH LEVEL, quality GU16 teams play in the President's Division or for the best of the best the National Cup.
Just trying to help everyone keep they perspective. Don't let someone sell you a bridge in SF just on their experience in where the bridges are.
Ice Cube

Rosemead, CA

#2655 Jul 10, 2013
DADDY BALL IS WHEN COACH DADDY INSISTS ON STARTING HIS KID AND/OR NEVER SUBBING HIM OUT EVEN WHEN THERE ARE BETTER ALTERNATIVES.

nothing wrong with daddy coaching. just know when to pull the plug when junior falls short. don't force your kid down the throats of the rest of the team.

see the difference?
Coach

Whittier, CA

#2656 Jul 10, 2013
Ice Cube wrote:
DADDY BALL IS WHEN COACH DADDY INSISTS ON STARTING HIS KID AND/OR NEVER SUBBING HIM OUT EVEN WHEN THERE ARE BETTER ALTERNATIVES.
nothing wrong with daddy coaching. just know when to pull the plug when junior falls short. don't force your kid down the throats of the rest of the team.
see the difference?
Well not only is that one problem with daddy coaching but also Daddy Coaching is considered recreational level coaching, volunteer time, inferior soccer ideas on proper coaching and training. We use this term on this post site often. And i believe people use it more in this context. Even if this was the daddy coaching play time rule the coaches son/daughter would only be getting half a game more of playing time. League entitles him to half a game regardless. I cant believe some ones kid who coaches be so low on the totem pole.
other Coach

Whittier, CA

#2657 Jul 10, 2013
Rookie Coach wrote:
Every coach seems to bring his own recipes to the table. Money wont always buy you the best. Coaches can put them self's on their own pedestals. But give daddy coaching a chance! If your son /daughter has not improved or team is stagnant then that coach has peaked. Because coaches also reach stagnant levels. Then maybe it is time to seek another coach. Great coaches develop kids but also win. Because if they didnt the kids leave after a season or two. Lets not fool anyone we play to win as coaches so dont lie and say i dont care if i win or loose its about teaching. if thats your view then be a trainer. Remind a 10 year old whos team never wins its ok after two season you guys are still learning? look at your kids faces when they win and when they loose look at parents demeanor when the team gets scored on. no need to go there on this topic. So if after two or three season with same coaches and nothing is changing then judge your daddy coach. Yes funderberg we are fathers. and thank you for supporting LMSA even if your w Xplosion. no bitterness here seems personal.
Most bad teams still have two or three good players its up to the coach to develope the rest quickly before the entire ship sinks. It can be done! one year should be sufficient time. At leaast to the competitive level. Why do pro coaches get fired because they dont win plane and simple! At our level to much grace period is given. If i had loosing season after loosing season there is something definitely wrong. LMSA coaching will be tested this year as well player talent.
lmsa skeptic

Los Angeles, CA

#2658 Jul 11, 2013
i see LMSA has a team playing LUIS BALBOAS Class 1 CANYON PSA TOURNAMENT. Good luck the crows will be watching...
eat crow

Los Angeles, CA

#2659 Jul 11, 2013
Dont watch just look on the LMSA WEBSITE monday. picture will be up along with the trophy in hand. Shoosh fly away and go sit on another telephone wire at another tournament.....
Davis

United States

#2660 Jul 11, 2013
WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK
lmsa skeptic wrote:
i see LMSA has a team playing LUIS BALBOAS Class 1 CANYON PSA TOURNAMENT. Good luck the crows will be watching...
lmsa parent

Los Angeles, CA

#2661 Jul 11, 2013
Are you serious?
RED CARD FOR OUR SIGNATURE DIRECTOR!
Lets show a little more class please its a public forum.
A little more composure please.
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2662 Jul 11, 2013
He'll say it was the refs fault
lmsa skeptic

Los Angeles, CA

#2663 Jul 12, 2013
Davis wrote:
WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK
<quoted text>
Class act, like anyone in a position of leadership if you cant handle the heat get out of the kithcen! Or avoid reading and visiting a forum such as this. Sorry but not everyone will sugarcoat their opinions. I will be watching now even more the progress of Club LMSA.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2664 Jul 12, 2013
like I said in my last post

YOU ADD ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE AND ARE JUST TRYING TO CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE OF "WE HAVE TO ANSWER TO YOU" WHO HIDE'S BEHIND A SCREEN NAME

ADD VALUE DON'T JUST HIDE BEHIND A SCREEN NAME ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS PUT DOWN THE PROGRAM BEFORE IT GETS STARTED AND KNOCK THOSE THAT DO ADD VALUE. THIS MAY BE A SHOCK TO YOU BUT THIS ISN'T ADDING ANY VALUE AND SO MANY OF YOUR OPTION ARE JUST A WASTE OF TIME AND FULL OF NONSENSE.

WHAT HEAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, THE ONE THAT YOU THINK YOU ARE PUTTING ON US REALLY SO VERY VERY FUNNY YOU ARE NOTHING TO US AND WE REALLY DON'T GIVE A @#$% ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK. IF YOU WANT US TO THINK THAT YOU ARE IN ANY WAY IMPORTANT THEN DON'T HIDE BEHIND A SCREEN NAME, OTHERWISE THIS IS JUST FUN BLOGING TO SEE WHO CAN GET THE OTHER THE MOST UPSET NOTHING MORE NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS
lmsa believer

Los Angeles, CA

#2665 Jul 12, 2013
here are th times
sat 12:15 and 6:50
sun 8:00
Boys u 13 bracket.....feel free to check the website for results
Canyon psa invitational.
Boys will hold their own with Daddy coaching.
GUARENTEED!
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2666 Jul 12, 2013
Good luck boys
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2667 Jul 12, 2013
Since I'm bored waiting for a fitter to come back from lunch to get fitted with a new putter, I'll waste more time. You hide behind a screen name and try to cyber bully us, really that is what you all call being classy. As far as a red card I'm not the one who is hiding show it my face and we can talk about like adults.
For those of you that are hiding behind your screen name and teaching your kids it is ok to try and cyber bully people as long as you don't get caught YOU SHOULD BE OH SO VERY PROUD, don't ask why when or where your kids get it from, look into the mirror.
Again no name no matter.

imho
lmsa parent wrote:
Are you serious?
RED CARD FOR OUR SIGNATURE DIRECTOR!
Lets show a little more class please its a public forum.
A little more composure please.
LMSA Fall Season

La Mirada, CA

#2668 Jul 12, 2013
The BS that gets talked about here is a small part of what the league is. This is a progression to provide alternate teams and competition for the players and parents who don't want to spend a ton of money. To many this isn't what will pay for their college but they will be able to make an impact in HS and with their grades be able to go on to college. Many of those who have spent 10-20K from U9-U19 will stop playing, get hurt or be physically past on the chart. Only a few each year get partial or full scholarships out of LMHS. So if 30 spend the money on club and only 3 get scholarships the odds tell you that if this is about free college you would be better off putting 20k on black in vegas and spin the wheel.

Does it really matter how these teams do? Do more than the 12 people on Topix really care? Ego boost or letdown? Is you head that big? It will be a roller coaster ride and interesting to see if the players and parents really care about more than their own child. Let them enjoy the game. It will be fun to see how the teams take losing. Bob's got it down but then again he placed 5 girls on high school teams. I don't think any of his 9th graders didn't make it on their schools teams. So is that a loser or a winner. You decide for yourself.
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2669 Jul 12, 2013
Shoot, in the old days AYSO 22 placed 5 or more girls on HS teams every year. So no big deal there. And these were just AYSO coaches.
But now is chance to really show something. LMSA is in club ball now. Let's see how many Varsity players he has after the end of the season in November.
LM Dad

Long Beach, CA

#2670 Jul 13, 2013
lmsa wrote:
Shoot, in the old days AYSO 22 placed 5 or more girls on HS teams every year. So no big deal there. And these were just AYSO coaches.
But now is chance to really show something. LMSA is in club ball now. Let's see how many Varsity players he has after the end of the season in November.
But back in the old days LM AYSO 22 had coaches who volunteered to coach teams without their own kids on it. Those were the glory days. They are not coming back, just like those old coaches...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garden Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 13 min vicky 133
News Immigrants gripped by deportation fears with Tr... 7 hr Ssk 39
Review: iLoveKickboxing - La Jolla 10 hr h0lyKar 1
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) Thu SWANS 1,861
News Tesla competitor Lucid Motors picks Arizona for... Nov 30 I Got Your Jewels 5
Bright Floral Mosaic in Garden Grove (Jun '11) Nov 30 Mrsteo 5
News Gang member gets 40 to life for shooting father... (Apr '10) Nov 29 Esbp 357

Garden Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garden Grove Mortgages