Shooting was unprovoked

There are 20 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 1, 2010, titled Shooting was unprovoked. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A 21-year-old Long Beach man gunned down in front of his sister and two friends on Halloween was killed without provocation, witnesses and police said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Izzy

Hermosa Beach, CA

#2 Nov 1, 2010
When people do not cooperate then killers like this go free and end up killing at least one more person.

How much more senseless can things get?
constitution a list

Long Beach, CA

#5 Nov 2, 2010
Yeah this is terrible news, Please law enforcement, catch the mf's that did this sh@t. Long Beach needs to be artsy and safe. What a nice place to live, just like northern California but positioned awesomely in southern California. We got a really great thing here guys, lets pull together and nail all the criminals and assist Law Enforcement. If we don't own our neighborhoods, somebody else will....
Frank the plumber

Long Beach, CA

#8 Nov 2, 2010
Dressed as the Grim Reaper at the age of 21 and going from house to house with a bag for candy?

What group of people was he standing around with?

Makes you have a lot questions.

If you are nice people go to your friends houses for candy!
smh

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Nov 2, 2010
These are terrible times. RIP Dennis and to the family my condolences.
InTime

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Nov 2, 2010
The killer WILL NOT get away with his crime! Evil doers deeds are gonna come to a fiery end real soon! Take a look around at what's happening to the earth...volcanoes all over the world are erupting! THE GATES OF HELL are getting ready!

My condolences to the family on their unspeakable loss, and may God spread His Mercy on us all.
StayAtHomeMom

United States

#12 Nov 2, 2010
No matter what we citizens must get "INVOLVED" and catch this TERRORIST and put him and others like him away ! If you have any infor please call LBPD, you never know what you seen might be more important to this case ! Yes its our duty my condolence to the family !
GROW UP AMERICA

Bellflower, CA

#14 Nov 2, 2010
EVERYONE NEEDS TO REPORT WHAT THEY SEE. IN ORDER TO MAKE THESE USELESS KILLINGS END WE NEED TO GET ALL THESE LITTLE $HIT$ ARRESTED AND PUT AWAY. KILLING ASSOCIATED WITH GANGS SHOULD BE IMMEDIATE DEATH SENTENCE, NOT 30YRS LATER. STOP THESE THUGS NOW. STAND UP AND REPORT WHAT YOU KNOW. STOP PROTECTING THESE COWARDS.MAKE OUR STREETS SAFE FOR ALL OF OUR KIDS
Anon

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Nov 2, 2010
Mr. Seagraves sounds like a very hardworking young man.(How many of us would take a job as a restroom attendant?) But he did have a criminal past. There is a 7/18/08 conviction for receiving stolen property and a 6/4/08 conviction for MJ possession. Whether these criminal issues had any connection with his very murder is for the police to sort out.
Anon

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Nov 2, 2010
* his very sad murder
LBmom

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Nov 2, 2010
This is terrible. Why is a 21 and 23 year-old out trick o treating? Why are they not home passing out candy and let this day be for kids. But most important those idiots that did this on a night that so many young innocent families are out should be turned in. I hope they find them soon and may the family get justice.
Not any more

Huntington Beach, CA

#18 Nov 2, 2010
When are the citizens of Southern California in every city going to finally have their gut full of needless killing? When is enough ever going to be enough?

When are the bleeding hearts going to recognize that some people are just too mean to live? If they catch this Mexican, we will hear that he is poor, his mother and Dad didn't hug him enough and we should forgive and forget his killing of this innocent person. Hogwash! I am not a bible thumper at all in any way, but the 6th commandment is "You shall not murder" And God's answer to murder was an "eye for an eye". That my friends is pretty much set in stone.

I am a life long Democrat, but it is time to get these liberal leaning judges off the benches and start carrying out the will of the people. We have a revolving door of killers in California and it needs to stop once and for all. People say that the death penalty is not a deterrent to crime and I say you are right especially when it is never carried out and every criminal knows it. Especially the young ones, they know they will live to get out and do it again. If they are illegals and we give them time and then deport them, but they will just be back in the country by sundown the same day we deport them. That my friends is the cold hard facts about illegals that are criminals.

My wish is that every murderer of innocent people pay the ultimate price for their actions, some people just can't be reformed, they just get meaner and more dangerous.

Anon

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Nov 2, 2010
Long Beach Homicide Lt. Lloyd Cox confirmed that investigators found no gang history when they checked the victim's background.

I'm sorry, but if a murder victim, age 21, already has two convictions, the lieutenant is shading the truth or is not telling the whole truth when he says "investigators found no gang history." What did they find?

If the police and the family want to solve this tragic murder, maybe they need to speak to the people involved in the prior crimes and see what they know.
Ronald

Westminster, CA

#21 Nov 2, 2010
Not any more wrote:
When are the citizens of Southern California in every city going to finally have their gut full of needless killing? When is enough ever going to be enough?
When are the bleeding hearts going to recognize that some people are just too mean to live? If they catch this Mexican, we will hear that he is poor, his mother and Dad didn't hug him enough and we should forgive and forget his killing of this innocent person. Hogwash! I am not a bible thumper at all in any way, but the 6th commandment is "You shall not murder" And God's answer to murder was an "eye for an eye". That my friends is pretty much set in stone.
I am a life long Democrat, but it is time to get these liberal leaning judges off the benches and start carrying out the will of the people. We have a revolving door of killers in California and it needs to stop once and for all. People say that the death penalty is not a deterrent to crime and I say you are right especially when it is never carried out and every criminal knows it. Especially the young ones, they know they will live to get out and do it again. If they are illegals and we give them time and then deport them, but they will just be back in the country by sundown the same day we deport them. That my friends is the cold hard facts about illegals that are criminals.
My wish is that every murderer of innocent people pay the ultimate price for their actions, some people just can't be reformed, they just get meaner and more dangerous.
Not any more.

You are right. The ambiguity of the Government's "justice" system serves to embolden the growing community of Thug people. In the rare instances when the death penalty is imposed, it "helps the economy" because it usually provides lifetime employment for Government defense lawyers, university "trained" social workers, and judges all of whom are funded with hard earned taxpayer money.

Ronald
Anon

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Nov 2, 2010
@Not any more

Following your logic, if Mr. Seagraves had been given a three-year prison sentence in 2008, he would have been safely locked up on Sunday night and not out trick-or-treating with his sister and friends.

I hope the police quickly find Mr. Seagraves' killer and the other scum who shot and killed the little boy playing in his backyard while showing off his Halloween costume for his grandfather and family.
Ez 23rd

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#23 Nov 2, 2010
Anon wrote:
Mr. Seagraves sounds like a very hardworking young man.(How many of us would take a job as a restroom attendant?) But he did have a criminal past. There is a 7/18/08 conviction for receiving stolen property and a 6/4/08 conviction for MJ possession. Whether these criminal issues had any connection with his very murder is for the police to sort out.
This person said "criminal" past. You think for him having RECEIVED stolen property and cannabis possession in 2008 that, that is reason for his senseless murder?!?! My friend, mind you PROP 19 is to f'n LEGALIZE CANNABIS in california. WIth that said PLEASE don't incorporate his little wrong doings for the reason of this stupid, unreasonable, and pointless murder.

To get the facts straight, reason him and his sister were out, they were taking their little cousins trick or treating. Now my friend, you reached the gates of heaven, where you and GOD himself can watch over your family. Now they have thy guardian angel. No words can express how much your family and friends miss you man. That's f'd up, you JUST turned 21!!!! Never would I have thought none of us would be in that situation, especially you a funny, outgoing, laid back, chill person of your caliber. WE ALL MISS YOU DEEPLY!

R.I.P CHRISTIAN SEAGRAVES

Ez23rd FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS
Not any more

Huntington Beach, CA

#24 Nov 2, 2010
Anon wrote:
@Not any more
Following your logic, if Mr. Seagraves had been given a three-year prison sentence in 2008, he would have been safely locked up on Sunday night and not out trick-or-treating with his sister and friends.
I hope the police quickly find Mr. Seagraves' killer and the other scum who shot and killed the little boy playing in his backyard while showing off his Halloween costume for his grandfather and family.
For murderers like the one that killed the child getting ready to go Trick or Treating this person or persons once caught and convicted should be publicly executed. Publicly shot, hanged, or drawn and quartered. Murderers of children should never be allowed to live.

Since: May 10

Long Beach, CA

#25 Nov 2, 2010
Anon wrote:
Why must there be a 'but' in your post? Why not just leave it at 'a hardworking young man'? First of all, I find it quite troubling that you feel the need to find dirt on the deceased. From reading the story, there is nothing that says he was a thug or gangbanger, so why look for a reason to brand him? Receiving stolen property and getting popped with reefer is hardly a criminal issue or a reason for someone to want to kill him.
Anon

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Nov 2, 2010
Not any more wrote:
<quoted text>
For murderers like the one that killed the child getting ready to go Trick or Treating this person or persons once caught and convicted should be publicly executed. Publicly shot, hanged, or drawn and quartered. Murderers of children should never be allowed to live.
Agreed!
Anon

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Nov 2, 2010
@rat soup

Do you want the murder solved or not? Why would you not look at all possible people who have or had a beef with the victim to see if they had the means, motive and opportunity to kill him?

Some murders are truly random -- most aren't. The past crimes, no matter how minor they might be, could offer a roadmap straight to the killer's door. That's why the victim's criminal past is both relevant and newsworthy.
sandgirl4

Torrance, CA

#28 Nov 2, 2010
The gangs and the Mex drug lords control this city and the council. Get used to it. LBPD hands are tied by politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garden Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Furious Cat Yells at Dillydallying Dog 14 hr Francisco Hernan ... 2
Tidal Wave Washes Away Prayer Team 14 hr Greg in Surfside 1
Instagc Sat Jeresto 1
Cathy Torrez murder in 1994 (Jul '07) Sat JUSTICEFORCATHY 16
Christianity is Tough Sat arsenic 9
News How an American Became an Al Qaeda Spokesman Apr 25 ky man 1
Schuller Family Announces Founder Of Crystal Ca... Apr 25 Mole Man 3
More from around the web

Garden Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE