Oil pipeline would cause little damage

Jan 12, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Argus Leader

“The low probability of large, catastrophic spill events and the routing of the pipeline to avoid most sensitive areas suggests a low probability of long term impacts to human and natural resources.”

TransCanada's planned Keystone Pipeline would have little environmental impact in South Dakota and other states along its route, according to a document filed by the U.S. Department of State on Friday. via Argus Leader

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
PAUL SHYKORA

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2008

good news,too boot!!!!
Gas Pump Pimps

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

babble: Soaring Gasoline Prices (2008 version) as Canadians Wonder if Oil Patch Real Terrorists

A search on thread about gasoline prices turned up a closed thread from back in May 2007, at the start of the upturn in the value of the Canadian dollar, so I though maybe a little update was due taking into ...

http://www.topix.com/world/canada/2008/01/bab...
Hey Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

yeah yeah
The Great Researcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

What the Argus Leader, KSFY, and Keloland did NOT know is that the SD DOT performed an investigation into an alleged wrongdoing on the pipeline inspection procedures during the construction phase of the project. From what we're hearing the SD DOT found unacceptable 'film' and is targeting the NDT auditor and the inspection company. This is the reason the SD DOT was all over the place in Yankton, SD around May 2009.
The Great Researcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Also, if you still concerned about the pipeline, especially the new Keystone XL, it would be wise to not allow those alleged inspections companies on the projects. Ever.
Custom Cal

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

DUH. "Don't worry," says a highly placed government source. So the dumb SoDakians believe it. "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

Tell that to the SoDak farmer who has his land dug up and taken away from him.

There's a reason that teacher pay in SoDak is the lowest in the nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Garden City Discussions

Search the Garden City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
find people for free sex here! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dan Emberger 1
1 minute (Oct '11) Oct '11 Love 1
SD Who do you support for Commissioner of Schools ... (Oct '10) Feb '11 hold on 7
SD Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in S... (Oct '10) Feb '11 UW Wallpaper and Photos 8
SD Who do you support for Auditor in South Dakota ... (Oct '10) Jan '11 everything comes 5
SD Who do you support for Public Utilities Commiss... (Oct '10) Dec '10 huh 23
SD Who do you support for Treasurer in South Dakot... (Oct '10) Nov '10 GMD 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Garden City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Garden City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE