Snow emergency: Garden City to ticket...

Snow emergency: Garden City to ticket violators

There are 11 comments on the Hometown Life story from Dec 19, 2008, titled Snow emergency: Garden City to ticket violators. In it, Hometown Life reports that:

Get your vehicles off the streets until further notice - that's the message from Garden City officials now that there is a snow emergency in effect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hometown Life.

Wondering

Sterling Heights, MI

#1 Jan 11, 2009
I was ticketed for having my car parked on street during snow emerg. Just want to know what is the cost for this offence, anyone know or has anyone else fell into this before and what recorse if any do i have.
Tired

Auburn Hills, MI

#2 Jan 11, 2009
They are $125. The recourse you have is to not park on the street next time it snows. Take some responsibility and pay the fine -
wingfan

Farmington, MI

#4 Jan 13, 2009
Tired wrote:
They are $125. The recourse you have is to not park on the street next time it snows. Take some responsibility and pay the fine -
Your right about taking responsibility, I did get a ticket a few years ago. I was out of town when I got the ticket, and I did pay it. You can also be ticketed for your vehicle not moving for 48 hours. Such as parking it on Friday after work and not driving again until Monday morning.
I think this is a little excessive, but this was told to me by the ordinance officer for Garden City. "If I don't want a ticket, don't park on the street for more than 48 hours".
Wondering

Sterling Heights, MI

#6 Jan 16, 2009
Tired wrote:
Ok but can you loan me the $125.00 seeing as how you dont think its such a big deal. Also ill park my car in your driveway if thats ok with you..........
Responsible

Cleveland, OH

#7 Jan 18, 2009
Wondering - I bet you voted for Obama. It's everyone's fault but your own and someone else should pay for your mistake. Grow up.
Rachel

Inkster, MI

#9 Apr 5, 2009
I got one also...it's $105! I'm going to fight it though, because there was a total of UNDER 3 inches of snow from the storm the day I was ticketed.
Snow on the WAY

Plymouth, MI

#10 Apr 5, 2009
Tonight more snow on the way.....PARK your car in the Drive way!!.
No driveway

Dearborn, MI

#12 Dec 27, 2012
Snow on the WAY wrote:
Tonight more snow on the way.....PARK your car in the Drive way!!.
I don't have a driveway or I'd be more than happy to comply.... What now????
Pete

Livonia, MI

#13 Dec 28, 2012
No driveway wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a driveway or I'd be more than happy to comply.... What now????
Some people always get screwed in these emergency situations.
Find a friendly neighbor.
Visit a friend.
Park on the next block when plowed.
Park at a nearby store, gas station or 7/11.
Park on the lawn if you can get away with it.
Leave it at the car wash to be detailed.
These situations are a pain.
Poo-Bear

Westland, MI

#14 Jun 17, 2015
Responsible wrote:
Wondering - I bet you voted for Obama. It's everyone's fault but your own and someone else should pay for your mistake. Grow up.
Ok, how about THIS: I DIDN'T vote for Obama, nor Clinton nor will I vote for the FUTURE Clinton, however, I had my lawn people go to a home I just moved out of to mow the lawn. The first time, they couldn't get access because the idiot next door was parked in MY driveway. I was alerted to this fact at the end of the day. So, I went over and I left the ass a note to remove her vehicle. Then came the Memorial day weekend so, on Tuesday of the next day, I went over there and found a warning on my door that I had five days to get it mowed, and wouldn't you know it, the rain came and they COULDN'T mow. I called the Ordinance Officer several times to let him know that I was TRYING to get it done. They were FINALLY able to get by there on the 28th but by that time, the city had already mowed it and I was fined 400.00. I COULD have had it done long before that if not for the idiot parking in MY driveway.:>( Not everyone doesn't want to take responsibility. And by the way, I'm disabled and can't do it myself or I would have. Also, I called several other lawn services and all said the same thing: They couldn't do it until after the holiday weekend. I'll be YOU voted for Bush, right?
WATCHING LIVONIA

Dexter, MI

#15 Jun 17, 2015
Poo-Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, how about THIS: I DIDN'T vote for Obama, nor Clinton nor will I vote for the FUTURE Clinton, however, I had my lawn people go to a home I just moved out of to mow the lawn. The first time, they couldn't get access because the idiot next door was parked in MY driveway. I was alerted to this fact at the end of the day. So, I went over and I left the ass a note to remove her vehicle. Then came the Memorial day weekend so, on Tuesday of the next day, I went over there and found a warning on my door that I had five days to get it mowed, and wouldn't you know it, the rain came and they COULDN'T mow. I called the Ordinance Officer several times to let him know that I was TRYING to get it done. They were FINALLY able to get by there on the 28th but by that time, the city had already mowed it and I was fined 400.00. I COULD have had it done long before that if not for the idiot parking in MY driveway.:>( Not everyone doesn't want to take responsibility. And by the way, I'm disabled and can't do it myself or I would have. Also, I called several other lawn services and all said the same thing: They couldn't do it until after the holiday weekend. I'll be YOU voted for Bush, right?
and i thought the ordinance dept. in livonia was bad. garden city sounds like a bunch of bozos running the ordinance dept. you need to go to a garden city council meeting and express yourself along with other residents

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garden City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detroit teen charged in Livonia home invasion 11 hr selfdefence aintm... 2
Another lawsuit Tue WATCHING LIVONIA 3
Anyone know May 21 Brad 1
News At long last! Dunkin Donuts on Plymouth Road opens May 19 Karen N Kennedy 3
News Woman steals cleaning supplies, starts chase May 18 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
AK Steel/UAW contract May 18 BFG 22
Marquette Elementary 3rd grade 73-74 (Jan '11) May 16 Jonathan Findley 4

Garden City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garden City Mortgages