McDonald's, franchisee to pay $700,000 in Muslim complaint

Jan 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

DEARBORN, Mich. -- McDonald's and one of its franchise owners agreed to pay $700,000 to members of the Muslim community to settle allegations a Detroit-area restaurant falsely advertised its food as being prepared according to Islamic dietary law.

Comments
1 - 20 of 216 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2013
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Serves them right for making a stupid complaint. Now the Dearborn Muslims can spend the settlement on explosives.
Joseph

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

You remember that woman who burned herself putting her hot McDonalds coffee between her legs while driving, she sued and won something like 3 million dollars. Well she's still waiting for her cash, so it wouldn't surprise me if this will never gets settled either.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Joseph wrote:
You remember that woman who burned herself putting her hot McDonalds coffee between her legs while driving, she sued and won something like 3 million dollars. Well she's still waiting for her cash, so it wouldn't surprise me if this will never gets settled either.
Stupid woman. No common sense=no compensation.
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Gee,if they do not want to eat at McDonald's because it's not a muslim entity then go to where they have their crap to eat.I have an other solution to the problem--go back to where they belong--a muslim country..I am sick of these people!!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

I haven't eaten at mcdonalds for a long time. I dont remember that I liked their hamburgers or wanted to eat any of them.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Sarah ___ wrote:
I haven't eaten at mcdonalds for a long time. I dont remember that I liked their hamburgers or wanted to eat any of them.
In the same way, I've never liked curry and therefore don't eat curry dishes.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Right if Muslims want halal foods then they need to open up Muslim based food chains that they can patronize..leave ours alone.
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Right on,fellow citizens!!!! Muslims complain and gripe everywhere they move to.Why do they move here/there?So they can push their religion on the country they move to,that's why!!
Reader

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Patriotic Girl wrote:
Right on,fellow citizens!!!! Muslims complain and gripe everywhere they move to.Why do they move here/there?So they can push their religion on the country they move to,that's why!!
They do what all parasites do. They move to a flurishing area, then proceed to suck the life out of it.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Mi_nina wrote:
Right if Muslims want halal foods then they need to open up Muslim based food chains that they can patronize..leave ours alone.
One Muslim restaurant opened here in my town. It didn't last very long.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Sarah ___ wrote:
One night after work (11:00 pm) I drove to the only open McDonalds and got a burger. They downsized the burger but I paid the same price as if they hadn't. I won't go there again.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

McDonalds shouldn't have advertised that it was selling Halal foods if it wasn't doing so. That's the bottom line here, no need for racism.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Patriotic Girl wrote:
Gee,if they do not want to eat at McDonald's because it's not a muslim entity then go to where they have their crap to eat.I have an other solution to the problem--go back to where they belong--a muslim country..I am sick of these people!!
I agree wholeheartedly. I am tried of Muslims being allowed to run this country. The Islamic religion is not compatible with a civilized country, for it's a religion of violence, a religion that orders the murders of all not of that faith, and its followers are like puppets controlled by their religious leaders, who can order them to do anything and they will do it. America has made a big mistake in allowing that religion to become a part of this nation. As evidenced by this latest action, Muslims thinks they have the right to demand we change our way of life to accommodate their ignorant beliefs. Why should we Americans allow a people who have bombed us and murdered our citizens have civil rights and privileges? Let them return to their own countries and take their violent religion with them.(It would be nice if they took our Muslim President with them)

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

What a bunch of heathens you are. Tabloid readers and ignorant pigs. Remind me again why you believe the USA is the greatest nation on earth, you gun wielding burger stuffing morbidly obese racists.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

THINKYOUKNOWITALL wrote:
What a bunch of heathens you are. Tabloid readers and ignorant pigs. Remind me again why you believe the USA is the greatest nation on earth, you gun wielding burger stuffing morbidly obese racists.
Your tirade makes you look remarkably like your descriptions of us. Do you always react in such an illogical manner? Who are you to judge us and start raving like one who can't control his emotions? Your name calling hardly makes you better than those you are attacking. If you have nothing better to say than what you did, I suggest you find something else to occupy your mind(?).

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Logan wrote:
<quoted text>I agree wholeheartedly. I am tried of Muslims being allowed to run this country. The Islamic religion is not compatible with a civilized country, for it's a religion of violence, a religion that orders the murders of all not of that faith, and its followers are like puppets controlled by their religious leaders, who can order them to do anything and they will do it. America has made a big mistake in allowing that religion to become a part of this nation. As evidenced by this latest action, Muslims thinks they have the right to demand we change our way of life to accommodate their ignorant beliefs. Why should we Americans allow a people who have bombed us and murdered our citizens have civil rights and privileges? Let them return to their own countries and take their violent religion with them.(It would be nice if they took our Muslim President with them)
Another victim of the zionism and their brainwashing

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
Another victim of the zionism and their brainwashing
Got news for you, Egyptian Lad: the Jews were hand selected by God to be his people. Muslims were not. Your insulting them and me, a Christian, only shows your lack of knowledge, narrow-mindedness, and ignorance. It is obvious that you and all Muslims are the brainwashed ones, for anyone who believes in Islam is thoroughly brainwashed, controlled by the most violent religion on the earth, and cannot think for himself.
Being from Egypt, you surely have enough to worry about in your homeland without attacking Americans. The country is a mess now that the Muslim Brotherhood and their evil President Morsi has taken over. Under Mubarak, people had some freedom but now the tyrant Morsi has taken away most freedoms with his implementing the evil sharia law.
We in America donít want that to happen here, so the Islamic religion is not welcome in the United States.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

THINKYOUKNOWITALL wrote:
McDonalds shouldn't have advertised that it was selling Halal foods if it wasn't doing so. That's the bottom line here, no need for racism.
How is racism involved? It has to do with religion, not race.
However, I do agree with one thing: MacDonaldís had no business falsely advertising, if they did. I have seen no proof of that but that was wrong if they are guilty. On the other hand, these Muslims, being in America, have no right to demand that an American company cater to them. If they want to live here, they need to respect our laws and traditions, not expect theirs to supersede ours. Islam has no right to impose its ignorance on this country.
Patriotic Girl

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

To Logan and the others on here that feel this way,my hat is off to you.In ten years we will see more atrocities and stupidity from the muzzies..They have inculcated themselves in most of the states and are going strong in doing whatever they can to make us miserable..Their way of life does not do well with ours.We will be VERY sorry one day for ever letting them in.Just ask people in the Netherlands and Belguim,etc.They have become very fruitful in Dearborn.One day they will be ruling the town,this mayor you have is a wuss!!

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriotic Girl wrote:
To Logan and the others on here that feel this way,my hat is off to you.In ten years we will see more atrocities and stupidity from the muzzies..They have inculcated themselves in most of the states and are going strong in doing whatever they can to make us miserable..Their way of life does not do well with ours.We will be VERY sorry one day for ever letting them in.Just ask people in the Netherlands and Belguim,etc.They have become very fruitful in Dearborn.One day they will be ruling the town,this mayor you have is a wuss!!
I am pleased to know there are a few enlightened Americans such as you who realize what is happening to this country in connection to the spread of Islam, the most evil religion in existence. A Muslim doctor in America actually warned us last year that Muslims intend to take over America and are in the process of doing so. If we do not take action to stop this evil that is in our nation, we will lose our freedoms. Most are so naÔve that they sit idly by, seeing nothing wrong with this evil religion that is spreading like cancer throughout our nation. Either we wake up and stand up for our country or we will live to see these violent people rule us.
Ann Barnhardt, a courageous American, has posted videos on You Tube about the dangers of Islam. Below is a link to some of them.
http://gulagbound.com/22388/islam-and-sexuali...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Garden City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Garden City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Garden City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Garden City