Monroe Elementary School
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Greg

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 21, 2007
I grew up in Wayne, and attended Monroe Elementary School. I believe that it is no longer there--correct? I really wish that I had taken the opportunity to visit it again before it was gone! Does any one have any old pictures, archival material, etc. related to Monroe School? Or any other Wayne-related items, for that matter!
gsmarlborough

West Branch, MI

#2 May 29, 2008
I also grew up in Wayne and attended Monroe Elementary School. I also believe the school is no longer there. I tried finding the school last week to no avail. I do not have any old pictures, etc. If I did I would make copies for you. If you get any, please let me know.
ondine rennie orta

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Jun 30, 2008
gsmarlborough wrote:
I also grew up in Wayne and attended Monroe Elementary School. I also believe the school is no longer there. I tried finding the school last week to no avail. I do not have any old pictures, etc. If I did I would make copies for you. If you get any, please let me know.
I went to Monroe too, the school is gone. It is now a subdivision of homes. I believe it was tore down at least 6 yrs ago. I was out to visit 5 yrs ago and it was gone.
Jon Banks

East Lansing, MI

#4 Jul 15, 2008
I graduated from Monroe Elementary School. Well I was wondering if anybody remembers the address or street the school was on?
Kirk Fales

Ann Arbor, MI

#5 Oct 15, 2008
I went to Jackson Elementary in Wayne. From there I went to Franklin Jr HS, and Wayne Memorial. Jackson was bought by Annapolis Hospital (directly across the street) back in about 1983. I hadn't attended there since I went on to 7th grade in 1975 (yeah...I'm old). It was torn down a few years ago and I believe is now where a health clinic is. Bummer. I worked at Annapolis Hosp as a housekeeper while in college when they owned the old bldg & was able to visit it before it was demolished. Pretty cool being back in my Kindergarten room/principal's office again.:)
Nicole Hoppe

Robbins, IL

#6 Oct 31, 2008
Sad, but true, good ol' Monroe elementary is gone and now it is a subdivision.
We started a facebook group to honor all things 'Monroe Tigers'. It is an open group, search Monroe Elementary Tigers!
There are some pics there and I am sure that there will be more as time goes on.
Josh Cecil

Howell, MI

#7 Nov 29, 2008
"I graduated from Monroe Elementary School. Well I was wondering if anybody remembers the address or street the school was on?"

I'm not sure of the address, but it was on Biddle Street
Todd Sutton

Sterling Heights, MI

#8 Jan 4, 2009
Yeah I went to Monroe too, I have some old yearbooks around here somewhere. Iwas sick when they tore it down
karen Mcclellan white

Sevierville, TN

#9 Mar 1, 2009
i went to monroe elementary was the best years of my life left in 1974 sure would like to see some old friends like kerry gobiel, sandy popeck, arlene thomas michelle block, steve campbell, dwayne miller, todd odem, jamie hickey
karen Mcclellan white

Sevierville, TN

#10 Mar 1, 2009
greg will have to look in some old boxes i know i still have some pitchure we won the trophy in 73 74 school year in sports there where a lot of us dont know if you knew any of the people i put down but i seen joe moryand back in the late 70's he moved to new york
karen Mcclellan white

Kodak, TN

#11 Mar 21, 2009
you know how in the world are we going to even know if we know each other on this thing??? and i went to see if i knew any of you who have posted a comment but did not get any where.
deanna Braun-Thorne

Portsmouth, VA

#12 Mar 23, 2009
Greg wrote:
I grew up in Wayne, and attended Monroe Elementary School. I believe that it is no longer there--correct? I really wish that I had taken the opportunity to visit it again before it was gone! Does any one have any old pictures, archival material, etc. related to Monroe School? Or any other Wayne-related items, for that matter!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php...
deanna Braun-Thorne

Portsmouth, VA

#13 Mar 23, 2009
http://www.facebook.com/home.php...

check this out about Monroe I went there too.

dee
Crystal Carr Coffey

Round Rock, TX

#14 May 26, 2009
I sooooo went to Monroe Ele School. I loved that school and all my friend I miss everyone. I had some of the best teachers there. I was there from 86-91. If you know me hit me up Im on myspace and facebook. I was so sad to see what they have done with the school and the houses they put there dont belong.. I MISS EVERYONE
Belleville,MI
Renee

Carlisle, PA

#15 Jul 14, 2009
Looking for Monroe class of 70-71. Does anyone remember Mrs. Peterson (6th Grade) and Mr. Nelms (6th Grade) first names? Trying to locate students from this class for a get together?

Since: Jul 09

Avon, IN

#16 Jul 24, 2009
karen Mcclellan white wrote:
you know how in the world are we going to even know if we know each other on this thing??? and i went to see if i knew any of you who have posted a comment but did not get any where.
Facebook.com is a GREAT way to find old classmates. I graduated from JGHS and have found tons of my old friends...and made some new friends from JGHS. Be sure to put your maiden name in the profile page so people can find you.
Deeanna

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Aug 13, 2009
Renee wrote:
Looking for Monroe class of 70-71. Does anyone remember Mrs. Peterson (6th Grade) and Mr. Nelms (6th Grade) first names? Trying to locate students from this class for a get together?
go to facebook type in Monroe elementary, wayne MI
Bob Callegari

Memphis, TN

#18 Nov 14, 2009
Just had a reunion of the 70-71 Monroe Elementary class. Mrs Peterson was there.
Renee wrote:
party boy

Dearborn, MI

#19 Nov 27, 2009
The school was on biddle st my grandparents still live across the street from the north west in front of the flag post. They had the big black dog that the kids ran from lol old times man I use to swing off the old flag post..
same here

Fremont, CA

#20 Feb 5, 2010
Josh Cecil wrote:
"I graduated from Monroe Elementary School. Well I was wondering if anybody remembers the address or street the school was on?"
I'm not sure of the address, but it was on Biddle Street
not sure why they tore it down

hey anyone remember Mike Dickey? he was the weirdest kid I could ever remember think he moved away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garden City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Sun WATCHING LIVONIA 130
mitchells seafood fish market use to have good... Sat WATCHING LIVONIA 1
Whistle Stop Pop Shop Jan 14 slmb4607 1
livonias abusive ordinance officer steve banko (Dec '13) Jan 11 ben dover 10
livonias stacey dogonski gets no jail time for... (Jul '16) Jan 11 ben dover 9
News At long last! Dunkin Donuts on Plymouth Road opens Jan 11 peter 2
don`t buy from rhino associates (Nov '08) Jan 7 BigGal62 44

Garden City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garden City Mortgages