concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

The call to worship is becoming a thing of the past and it shows by the attendance of our local churches. Where are all the young people? Has church become a thing you do when there isn't a game to attend, a car show or a sale at K-Mart? What does it take today to get our youth back to church? How does Northridge Church in Plymouth draw over 10,000 members every weekend with mostly younger people? Whar are our churches doing wrong that turns our youth off to church here in Garden City? How can we get our high school involved without stepping over the line of church and state? It's sad to say but more and more churches will be closing.
Tony

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

concerned wrote:
The call to worship is becoming a thing of the past and it shows by the attendance of our local churches. Where are all the young people? Has church become a thing you do when there isn't a game to attend, a car show or a sale at K-Mart? What does it take today to get our youth back to church? How does Northridge Church in Plymouth draw over 10,000 members every weekend with mostly younger people? Whar are our churches doing wrong that turns our youth off to church here in Garden City? How can we get our high school involved without stepping over the line of church and state? It's sad to say but more and more churches will be closing.
The answer is inspired by your reference to car shows and a sale at K-Mart. Apparently, your church is 50 years behind the times and the "yuts" don't want anything to do with fossilized thinking. Hope that helps.
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Going to church is fossilized thinking?

Tony if you are not a person of faith, thats fine, I have no problem with that, however to try to degrade the faithful is not a very caring position to take. They have a right to believe just as you have a right to be without belief. When did you become a judge and jury? Why do you think that their church is 50 years behind the times? What do you know about the OP's church to come to that conclusion?

Hope this helps
Tony

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Bob wrote:
Going to church is fossilized thinking?
Tony if you are not a person of faith, thats fine, I have no problem with that, however to try to degrade the faithful is not a very caring position to take. They have a right to believe just as you have a right to be without belief. When did you become a judge and jury? Why do you think that their church is 50 years behind the times? What do you know about the OP's church to come to that conclusion?
Hope this helps
I never said anything about faith or specific church attendance. It helps to read a post before becoming emotional and typing a response.
The original poster commented that the other church up the street draws 10,000 attendees, probably a slight exaggeration. My post was merely suggesting that the newer church up the street offered things that young people desired in their services. Don't try to suggest that those people don't have as much faith as the old schoolers.

PS. This is a public forum. I have as much right to an opinion as anybody else. You are not the moderator here.
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything about faith or specific church attendance. It helps to read a post before becoming emotional and typing a response.
The original poster commented that the other church up the street draws 10,000 attendees, probably a slight exaggeration. My post was merely suggesting that the newer church up the street offered things that young people desired in their services. Don't try to suggest that those people don't have as much faith as the old schoolers.
PS. This is a public forum. I have as much right to an opinion as anybody else. You are not the moderator here.
You say "it helps to read a post before becoming emotional and typing a response". Emotional??? LOL you're kidding. right?

You may have read my post but your comprehension level is drastically lacking. Where did I suggest that "those people don't have as much faith as the old schoolers? Where did I suggest that you don't have a right to an opinion. I am really interested in your answers to my questions because I can not, for the life of me figure out what you are talking about.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Guys, I didn't mean to start a contreversy over faith. let's not go there becuase there is no way that could ever get resolved. My question is: what does it take to get our youth back to church? Our youth is where our future ism plain and simple. Northridge Church has an auditorium that seats 3,000 people. they alsmost fill it to capacity four times every week end with mostly a younger crowd. What do we need to do in Garden City to get our youth back to our local churches? It's a serious issue. thanks
big time

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Well this is whats going on .People are sick about all the b.s thats been going on for the last 100 yrs with all of the churches . They will hide a problem so that it does not make the church look bad . My thing is to many kids have been hurt . You don't need to go to church to pray or give them 10% of your money. Church is a scam these days . Why do they drive big money cars .
big time

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Its ran like a job they want big money to use the church for anything even if you are a member . Its not the same no more people are over it and feel like they are wanteing way to much out of the members . Scam just look whats on tv .Church is for weak minds people that need something all the time because they don't have a life . If you want god in your life you don't have to go and give your time money and life to some big time scam . We are over the scams and the sex crimes and the lies from the higher up in the churches hiding the bad ones . They just move them around and they knew the whole time that they are wrong but please don't hurt the church .. Thats why we will not come to your b.s
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

big time: It's hard for me to wrap my head around some of what you are saying. Is organized religion the answer? maybe not, I'll give you that. Is church for losers and weak people as you imply? I can assure you it's not. sounds like you've been hurt or crushed by a church at some time in your life. it happens but it's not the norm nor is it way it should be. Luckily, I have been very successful in my life and praise God for everything I have and what I am. I'm not a weal person and don't get scammed very easy. I joyfully give my offerings to the church when I see the good it does for others who don't have as much or who have not been as lucky as myself. God is a big part of my good life. The original point to this thread is why are some churches growing by the thousands and yet some are dying at the same time. What is the key? Regardless of where you stand on religion, you have to give credit for your life and what you have. I don't of any church in this area that will kick you out if you can't give back to the church. It doesn't work that way and if a church is doing that, they shouldn't be called a church. I invite you to come one Sunday to Garden City Presbyterian on Middlebelt and join our family. It's free!! No scams allowed!
big time

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

right on

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Garden City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Garden City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••