Redbook doesn't take Faith Hill as sh...

Redbook doesn't take Faith Hill as she is -

There are 4 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 1, 2007, titled Redbook doesn't take Faith Hill as she is -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Anytime a celebrity's image is digitally altered in a magazine, a buzz is created.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

stephanie

Maastricht, Netherlands

#1 Aug 1, 2007
"celebrities and models often want their photos enhanced, to prevent embarrassing or unflattering pictures from circulating."?
If Faith Hill wouldn't want unflattering pictures circulating wouldn't she stop allowing cameras at her concerts etc.? Have you googled her name and searched for pictures on the net recently? There are thousands of terrible pictures with bad lightening, very close up, everywhere. It's hard to imagine with all that to see for everyone in the world she would insist on this much retouching!
Sabrina

Eugene, OR

#2 Aug 1, 2007
I say Forget Redbook and those stupid "women's" magazine. They don't dictate to me what true beauty is. Faith Hill is a woman of inner beauty and strength and I say Brava to the way she stood up to that skanky fan who manhandled her husband at that concert!
kathy

United States

#3 Aug 8, 2007
I commend the writers for bringing this issue to the forefront. Young girls have always been held to a standard of beauty that is unattainable. As a recovered anorexia victim, I too thought there is no such thing as too thin. Most disturbing is the comment by Dumenco stating that Mrs Hill's arm is "unnaturally huge"! Faith Hill is the level of beauty we would all like to obtain in our 40's. I don't hold Mrs Hill accountable for the touch ups, there is only so much she can control. But, I would love to hear her view on the subject since she is after all, is the mother of three young girls.
cat

Brentwood, NY

#4 Aug 8, 2007
i simply responded to the redbook picture touchup "scandal" by laughing.. magazines touch up EVERY star no matter what they look like-- sure, faith may have a few more wrinkles than the touch up but i felt her real photo was even more stunning than the touch up. she has such natural beauty that i felt using her picture as an example was actually a bad call since it wasnt as drastic as some other touch ups out there.. she is simply naturally gorgeous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gambier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote for Donald J Trump Oct '16 MAGA 1
Danielle Krzosky (Apr '15) Oct '16 Amber 10
drug court sucks balls (Oct '11) Aug '16 Sponge Bob 9
News Families who empathize with Pughs want more don... (Jun '06) Jul '16 Dollar Bill 4
Ron who mowes golf course (Apr '16) Jun '16 rolland 3
Missing person (Mar '16) Jun '16 curious 2
News Richard H. Biehl (May '16) May '16 Jane 1

Gambier Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gambier Mortgages