Former teacher given 10 years for sex crime

There are 50 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Jul 20, 2007, titled Former teacher given 10 years for sex crime. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

TOMPKINSVILLE, Ky. -- A former Southern Kentucky teacher has been sentenced to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to one count each of third-degree sodomy and custodial interference stemming from a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brad

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Jul 28, 2007
It's about time someone had the balls to send a dumb woman like this to prison. 10 yrs is a little light, but I think that she will be a good jail slut for the other inmates. She's stupid and pathetic. That's why she's going away for 10 yrs.
Elizabeth

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jul 30, 2007
She should have known better. When she came up with the old "I was abused as a child" excuse I thought surely they wouldn't buy it. She got what she deserved.
Elizabeth

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jul 30, 2007
She didn't get off by claiming she had been abused when she was younger! She got what she deserved.

Since: May 07

Louisville

#4 Jul 31, 2007
You really have to know all of the people involved. I mean- yes, I think she should serve time because she did have a relationship with a student and she was a teacher. But his family was just a weird as she was. His father had been a lawyer nand disbarred years ago for drug charges. I see that it could have been possible that the boy forced her to go because he probably wanted to get away and he saw that as his way out. Not saying she was right but because of past teachers in the Monroe County school system alone getting away with having relations with students -in her mind she probably thought she would get away with it as did others before her. If they would have made others serve time before this might not have ever happened.
Her family was very weird but I had not ever heard that she herself had been abused. But her father has since divorced her mother to continue an affair with one of her mothers best friends who could actually be his daughter and they have since had a child.
Sky

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Aug 9, 2007
Ok I don't see why that is any of anyones business to strew over the internet unless she or her dad, or the new wife decides to put that on there. Regardless of what kelly did, and yea he had a hard life, but if he did force her, she could have went through town driving erratically, she could have layed on the horn. I think it was a plan they had together. It was just as much her as it was him. Just my opinion.

Since: May 07

Louisville

#6 Aug 10, 2007
It all starts at home...if Kelly would have been in a shape to take care of his son and raise him himself in a stable homethis may have never occured. We all have skeleton's in our closet but goodness girl...he was in a position that he was suppose to help people! Yes, he is gone and can't stand up for himself but you can't just sweep that crap under the rug - CHANGE IT! If we keep letting our children think it is all ok for what the people are doing them they will turn just the same. And yes it was just as much her, she was an adult but my point is people act how they see others act. She wasn't the first one in the school system to have a fling with a student she is just the only one that did it with a Carter and run off to Mexico!
Sky

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Aug 10, 2007
Now that I will give you, he had problems, they both did (father and son) I was around them quite a bit for a while, and even after he was removed and lived with other relatives, there were still some questions about his behavior and what not. I agree parents should set better examples than they do, but I've seen some pretty horrible things in my lifetime by mother and loved-ones, but I'm not going to go hijack anyone or run off to Mexico. The thing is, I was saying about putting the stuff about her dad and sister or whoever. She was an adult, she made her own decisions, and I still think they planned it together. I just hope that now he is adopted and living under a new name, his new family gets him the help that he needs.
omg

United States

#8 Sep 14, 2007
Is there no end to the teachers putting the moves on our kids??? It seems like everyday you hear this somewhere..We are sending our kids to school and assume they are safe and they are not safe there anymore what can the schools do to stop this???
teresa

United States

#9 Sep 16, 2007
As for the father , I dont think nobody has a right to talk about stuff they dont know ,,, As I work with the one who had the affair with Angelas dad, There was very many problems in that household that nobody knows... They are now married and very happy and I believe it is time for everyone to leave it alone... The gossip can come from both sides but until you live their lives and dont see all the story, You are spreading wrong info... By the way that is not his daughter ,, she is his wife....
ElizabethAnne

Glasgow, KY

#10 Sep 22, 2007
I think she got what was coming to her. In the past people have been been simply moved around and actually even to higher paying jobs in the school system when they were caught doing something wrong. This has gone on for years. It depends on who you are and who you know as to wether you even get punished or not. Some have been removed from the system for doing just a fraction of what others have done for years. It's never been fair. She was no longer in the school system but I figure it was because they couldn't hide this one. There is no excuse for what she done and it would be stupid to think he could have made her do all that. She is a well educated adult. I am sure could have figured a way out.As for her having a bad childhood that is sad but face it everyone has had tuff times that doesn't mean you have a right to do whatever you want. I hate it when people use that for an excuse. Everything didn't go my way as a child either but I think that only makes me want to make life better for me and others now.
Josh

United States

#11 Oct 24, 2007
I was her student and she was a good teacher.
jsp

Glasgow, KY

#12 Jun 10, 2008
she was a great teacher! i miss you Justin and Mrs Comer!
Hey

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#13 Jun 10, 2008
She is where she needs to be along with a few others that should have gone also.
Buster

Columbia, KY

#14 Jun 18, 2008
jsp wrote:
she was a great teacher! i miss you Justin and Mrs Comer!

We didn't have this going on years ago.If we had I would still be there.
neptune

Horse Cave, KY

#15 Jun 18, 2008
who really cares about this anymore its so old its almost an antique.
Simple

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#16 Jun 19, 2008
neptune wrote:
who really cares about this anymore its so old its almost an antique.
Alot of stuff on here is old news but to some, it is not. So if we want to comment, it is our decision to do so. She is still in prison, so I consider to an open subject. What she did is still an issue going on in the schools, we need to be concerned.
Plowboy

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Jun 19, 2008
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
Alot of stuff on here is old news but to some, it is not. So if we want to comment, it is our decision to do so. She is still in prison, so I consider to an open subject. What she did is still an issue going on in the schools, we need to be concerned.
Your an idiot, nobody cares and you are bring this up for you own personal reason, the family of this girl is in the process of having this and you removed from this form, they already know who you are.
SICKPEOPLE

United States

#18 Jun 19, 2008
Ever since she's been in jail she and different ones out of her family, for some unknown reason has been tring to get/ get her married to different inmates. THEY'LL write each other than she start's talking about getting married when they get out.
Libby

AOL

#19 Jun 20, 2008
You should all check out your amish community if you all think this is bad. Just search amish in PA lawsuits.( Doing with alot of molested children.)
The Bud Man

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#21 Jul 26, 2008
The only thing I have to say about it is why couldn't we have teachers like that in school back in the 90's that is!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gamaliel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Mike spankit 137,967
Brandon Schakel !!!!!! 14 min Keep It Real 22
2 year old monroe co girl kidnapped 3 hr heard 46
Dovies (Dec '10) 12 hr Buzzard Roost 52
Can't have both 14 hr whose this? 2
Judith Roberts 14 hr mark norris 16
Jamie Comer for Governor? (Mar '14) 17 hr Fair race 166
More from around the web

Gamaliel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]