Galveston Pleasure Pier

Posted in the Galveston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Winston

Pearland, TX

#1 May 25, 2012
Just found out it cost $10.00 just to walk onto the pier, then an additional $4.00 to ride a ride, Tillman must be nuts ! And I haven't heard what parking cost.
SPIRITUALLY HAPPY 24 7

Atlanta, GA

#2 Aug 8, 2012
QUIT COMPLAINING! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING THEN JUST DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!!
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT THEN KEEP QUIET! IF YOU CAN THEN GO!!!
WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME TYPING YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS? DO YOU REALLY THINK ANYONE IN HIS HAPPY MIND WILL WANT TO READ IT? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I DON'T EVEN HAVE A JOB OR HUSBAND OR KIDS BUT YET I AM TAKING MY 5 NIECES IN 2 WEEKS & I PLAN ON SPENDING AT LEAST $500 ON THEM.
Bert

Lund, Sweden

#3 Aug 8, 2012
Help, I've fallen and I can't get it up.
Winston

Pearland, TX

#4 Aug 8, 2012
The pier is a total ripp-off !$10 just to walk on is so stupid. Next thing they will be charging you to enter a mall.
Dollar Jim

Detroit, MI

#5 Aug 12, 2012
Buy something at the dollar store and have $9 left.
Winston

Pearland, TX

#6 Aug 12, 2012
Then it cost to park as well.....what a rip !
JustNormaJean

Angleton, TX

#7 Sep 2, 2012
Thanks for the info Winston and I didn't take it as complaining , As for Ms. Spiritually Happy up there , I don't understand how u can take any of your family anywhere WITHOUT a job !!! And spend $500.00 on them, Helloooo if I had $500.00 and NO JOB I'd be saving my money !!Just saying !!:)
Winston

Pearland, TX

#8 Sep 3, 2012
Your just filling Tillmans pockets.
American greed at it's finest.
Chris

Galveston, TX

#9 Sep 26, 2012
Haven't been "on" the pier yet, but Bubba Gump's was a rip. 2 drinks and an AWFUL appetizer for $40. Poor tourists.
Winston

Pearland, TX

#10 Sep 26, 2012
It will be a cold day in hell before I put $10 in Tillmans pocket just to be able to walk on a pier.
jose

Rochester, NY

#11 Oct 5, 2012
I have not been there yet, and I am not planning to go because I been in Santa monica, California pier and they don't charge, just to walk on it and they know people spend money once in there anyway. So tourist you have to be out of mind if you pay to go in it.
chely 28

Houston, TX

#12 Mar 26, 2013
I was going to take the family..but the minute i knew u have to pay $10 just to get on the pier.i decided just to go to Kemah instead..
Rhonda

Houston, TX

#13 May 26, 2013
I am also going for Memorial Day but after hearing it cost just to get on the pier you have got to be kidding me. Why? As others have stated once you're on the pier 9 times out of 10 you are going to buy something, eat something, or ride something. You know what I'm done talking about it. "TOTAL RIPOFF"
are you serious

La Porte, TX

#14 May 27, 2013
SPIRITUALLY HAPPY 24 7 wrote:
QUIT COMPLAINING! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING THEN JUST DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!!
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT THEN KEEP QUIET! IF YOU CAN THEN GO!!!
WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME TYPING YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS? DO YOU REALLY THINK ANYONE IN HIS HAPPY MIND WILL WANT TO READ IT? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I DON'T EVEN HAVE A JOB OR HUSBAND OR KIDS BUT YET I AM TAKING MY 5 NIECES IN 2 WEEKS & I PLAN ON SPENDING AT LEAST $500 ON THEM.
are you always a sdlf-righteous hypocrite, or do you save it all up for one day a week? how dare you criticize someone for exercising their right to voice an opinion? if you dont have a job or husband and have $500 to spend on such a ridiculous thing you are probably sponging off the rest of us. in our family we earn our money, and I have absolutely zero desire to spend it somewhere like tillman town. I have a great idea. if you cant say something nice and not stupid about someone else's post how about you keep your opinion to yourself as you have suggested to the other poster? maybe you should chsnge your name to spiritually stupid instead.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#15 Jun 1, 2013
Jeez, people. The beach is free, the seawall is free. The ten bucks keeps the Rif-Raf out. Oh, they didn't tell you did they.

Since: Mar 13

Houston, TX

#16 Jun 5, 2013
Winston wrote:
Your just filling Tillmans pockets.
American greed at it's finest.
Thank you Winston your a smart guy Tillman ruin this town long long ago
mimi

Humble, TX

#17 Jul 30, 2013
Winston wrote:
The pier is a total ripp-off !$10 just to walk on is so stupid. Next thing they will be charging you to enter a mall.
Wish they would charge to walk into a mall, maybe some of the thugs would stay away and we could shop in peace. I am glad he is charging to walk onto the pier, keeps the theifs out too........if you can't afford go find something else to do or geta job

Since: Mar 13

Houston, TX

#18 Jul 31, 2013
mimi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish they would charge to walk into a mall, maybe some of the thugs would stay away and we could shop in peace. I am glad he is charging to walk onto the pier, keeps the theifs out too........if you can't afford go find something else to do or geta job
You said bitter & sour about sharing your community with lower income citizens and families or something. That's how it came across with that statement. Is that what you are saying? Thugs are lower income people. You mistaken more thugs wear suit & tie these days.
69 Chevy

Houston, TX

#19 Aug 14, 2013
I think the big push for the seawall parking tax was to force more people to use Tillman's lot across the street from the pier.
Cowboy

Atlanta, GA

#20 Sep 2, 2013
I've been to the Pier with my kids on several occasions. There is a reason for the $10.00 entry fee. If there was no fee, the pier would be over run by hood-rats. If it works (which it does!), keep charging!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Galveston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Find Witness to Car Accident Dec 12 Fart Hose 3
Drowning Texas City Dike 30-40 years ago (Sep '15) Nov 21 Tckid 6
News Texas City male prison guard faces inmate sex c... (Dec '06) Nov '17 curious 115
News No hurricane relief for those boycotting Israel Oct '17 Fart Range 2
Joke Thread! Post 'em here! (Jun '11) Oct '17 Shwing 4
News Texas city offers Hurricane Harvey relief only ... Oct '17 Very good fart 2
Work on home in exchange for RV space. Oct '17 Park a Fart 3

Galveston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Galveston Mortgages