Bodies found in trunk identified

Bodies found in trunk identified

There are 4 comments on the KHOU-TV Houston story from Mar 6, 2007, titled Bodies found in trunk identified. In it, KHOU-TV Houston reports that:

The Galveston County Medical Examiner has identified two bodies found in the trunk of a car Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHOU-TV Houston.

K M Holmes

Houston, TX

#1 Mar 7, 2007
The young man found in that car was my oldest brother. We reported him misssing to the authorities on December 26, 2006. I knew that he had missed his court date in November and had been speaking to him about turning himself in to the authorities. He had actually promised me he would in fact do so after the holidays. Whether he had been convicted for drug charges or not should not have determined whether Houston P.D. would take a missing person's report on him. They refused to do so. No one in the media took his disappearance seriously. I know he was not a choir boy, but he deserved better. For the media not to mention him until they found his decomposing body 2 months after he went missing is just sad. I don't believe this would have necessarily saved him, but at least the car that he was found in may have been discovered before March 2nd. After Hurricane Katrina leveled New Orleans, many residents decidied to remain in the Houston area. Over the past year and a half, there have been numerous story circulated back home about the treatment New Orleanians have been receiving in Texas. I never gave the stories much weight until now. I'm not going to say that if my brother were white and a college student, the response to his disappearance wouldn't have been different. I don't know that. What I do know is that he and a friend, who had never received a much as a parking ticket, went missing and the City of Houston did nothing.

“Missing Texas!”

Since: May 07

Santa Fe Texas

#2 May 26, 2007
I am so sorry they did not make a big deal about this in the news. When they went missing pictures should have been on TV & in the newspaper. Do they have any info on what happened or who did this?
Kaitlin

Ravenna, OH

#3 Oct 3, 2007
So sorry about your brother. So sad for you and your family. God Bless.
olebeane

Roseville, CA

#4 Oct 12, 2007
So sorry for your loss

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Galveston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drainage fees Sat jgarcia 1
News Two found dead in Bay Street Park (Sep '09) May 16 vee 23
News Coast Guard searches for passenger missing from... May 15 Who 4
News Coast Guard Searching for Missing Carnival Crui... May 14 true story 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 14 Jack 993
Joseph John Radler (Aug '14) May 11 Justmemyselfandi 41
News Fool Me Once, Shame on You (May '06) Apr '16 Truth 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Galveston Mortgages