CHP probe targets DA investigator

CHP probe targets DA investigator

There are 139 comments on the Daily Democrat story from Sep 5, 2009, titled CHP probe targets DA investigator. In it, Daily Democrat reports that:

A California Highway Patrol investigation has linked District Attorney Investigator Randy Skaggs with instances of embezzlement, grand theft and using public resources for personal gain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Democrat.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Woodland, CA

#125 Sep 9, 2009
Stinky Big Fish wrote:
Any time the big fish offers to pay the little fish to swim away it's because they don't want the stink getting out to the public.
District attorneys are trained in law school that a critical step is to damage the reputation of any witness soyou can undermine jury opinion of his or her credibility. That's all this is.
Using the CHP to try to assasinate his character is going too far in my opinion but the strategy backfires because it makes me tend to believe the little fish more than ever.
For that to be true it would have to mean that the CHP would be completing a biased and corrupted investigation.

I am not of that belief. It does not seem reasonable that the CHP investigators would risk their reputations, careers and even possibly their freedom to railroad this guy for the Yolo County DA.
Why CHP

United States

#126 Sep 9, 2009
Can someone please tell me why in the world the CHP would be involved at all? It's not like a traffic accident was in question here.

This seems really odd to me. I have never heard of a state agency like the CHP getting involved like this.

Too wierd.
Guilty

Rio Oso, CA

#127 Sep 9, 2009
Why CHP wrote:
Can someone please tell me why in the world the CHP would be involved at all? It's not like a traffic accident was in question here.
This seems really odd to me. I have never heard of a state agency like the CHP getting involved like this.
Too wierd.
Your answer is in your post. CHP = state police.
It pays to have friends

Vacaville, CA

#129 Sep 10, 2009
Why CHP wrote:
Too wierd.
If you do a search of CHP on the DD you not find one investigation not related to traffic except this one. Reisig has ties, read the post, the DA started this investigation and then gave this to CHP to appear neutral, that way Reisig could still control and direct investigation and then use the CHP to release this. The case old, is not filed, no arrest, no indictment, no convictions..come on people. Reisig is dirty and is connected, if you don't know this or believe it, then wait till he comes after you.
a-nonie-mouse

United States

#130 Sep 10, 2009
to el tigere wrote:
<quoted text>You make the point, Reisig is using anybody dead or alive to gain political points. Plenty of dirt in the DA's office to go around. I heard one attorney dated a woman on "his" jury during a trail and then married her. I bet that defendant got a fair trial. Talk about a traitor to justice system.
YOU HAVE NO IDEA... there are attorneys "seeing" each other in the office and ONE MARRIED A VICTIM. When people post that there's favoratism and a boy's club mentality in the office. Very sad. Employees are desperately trying to leave the office.
Abc

United States

#131 Sep 10, 2009
Double Bogey wrote:
<quoted text>
For that to be true it would have to mean that the CHP would be completing a biased and corrupted investigation.
I am not of that belief. It does not seem reasonable that the CHP investigators would risk their reputations, careers and even possibly their freedom to railroad this guy for the Yolo County DA.
Thanks for the input Jeff.
Anonymous

United States

#132 Sep 10, 2009
Why CHP wrote:
Too wierd.
CHP hired a retired DA investigator to do the investigation. That's why. He was a chief from another county and worked in Yolo for a few years.
please

Elk Grove, CA

#133 Sep 13, 2009
Abc wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the input Jeff.
Thanks for the input Lenzi
please

Elk Grove, CA

#134 Sep 13, 2009
Yuba Student wrote:
I've taken several POST classes through Yuba College and have had Skaggs as an instructor on more than one occasion. He taught the best 832 PC class I've ever attended. He really cared for the students and made sure that we understood the content. His teaching style is by far one of the best around the county.
To his defense, he never once drove his county issued vehicle to class, or to the firing range. Personally, I think he got caught up in the politics game.
Gee mister student how would you know what his undercover vehicle looked like? Did he discuss this with you? Are you a witness? Do you need to speak to an attorney? Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!
please

Elk Grove, CA

#135 Sep 13, 2009
u dont know wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said Gore is a liar, it said the allegations were unfounded. Unfounded because Gore and his attorney did not want to drag current DA employees before the hearing officer only to have Reisig fire them too. Gore took a tremendous hit for speaking out againsReisig and he did not want anyone else in the office suffering the same fate, that is the only reason the charges were unfounded and the letter; that was just part of the settlemen't why don't u ask what the County gave Gore? I bet they won't tell you but I am sure if you knew what I did that would change your opinion as to what happened. Hopefully someone will release that info. I would love to share but I know the DA would probably hunt down this IP address and come after me for releasing info.
Gore was allowed to leave that is it. You have no clue about how worthless this guy was. He was a disgrace to law enforcement and to the public he was sworn to protect. This guy will never ever be allowed to work for anyone in California. And Yeah I know your going to say I am affiliated with the DA's Office. But I am not.
please

Fair Oaks, CA

#136 Sep 13, 2009
Reisig is dirty and is connected, if you don't know this or believe it, then wait till he comes after you.
Charles The 3rd Bronson

Grass Valley, CA

#137 Sep 13, 2009
please wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the input Lenzi
Thanks for input Jeff
concerned

West Sacramento, CA

#138 Oct 12, 2009
A While Ago wrote:
I saw first hand how the DA was after a certain entity and went at them from different angles, including sending in the CHP (at DA's instructions) to find certain activity. the CHP found "illegal activity" against the entity (even made the Democrat). Eventually none were true. There is more to the CHP/DA relationship than meets the eye.
As we wonder about the CHP and D.A.'s relationship and doing favors for eachother,Would the conviction in 2005 for Officer Stevens killer be something the CHP feels they want to repay him for? After all, they did give Reisig and Naliboff a helicopter ride after court in the CHP's helicopter.
concerned

West Sacramento, CA

#139 Oct 12, 2009
Oh, to add to the abovecomment, On taxpayers money!!!
Local Investigator

West Sacramento, CA

#140 Nov 14, 2009
The link betwen the D.A. and the CHP office goes back to Officer Stevens murder. Remember the helicopter ride? Now why would the taxpayers have allowed that to happen on their money? That was not a standard activity that we expected him to do. If he had asked the public, I know they would have said "NO" But seeing that he did it, Reisig accepted a gratuity for what I know was a frame of Zielesch. Volarvich, he should rot in hell for what he did. That is the relationship between D.A. and CHP
Well Aware

West Sacramento, CA

#141 Nov 14, 2009
Charles Bronson wrote:
Actually this now looks like Skaggs and his attorney have filed this civil suit to try and leverage their way out of a criminal charge -
The fact that this investigation was started last fall by the CHP -which is when Skaggs started stiring up mud - talk about timing!
Now this looks like it will backfire. Don't be surprised if Skaggs gets led away in handcuffs.
It sure serves up notice for law enforcement that if they are dirty it is not going to be tolerated.
Reisig certainly does not control the CHP. The fact that he personally lead the case against the killer of Andy Stevens was just what you would expect of a good DA. I don't believe that the CHP gives out awards for DA's doing their jobs. So now you think the CHP is Dirty too??
I would like to get someone to have Rick Gore to release the arbitrators report. He can do that - It would be interesting to read what the actual report said.
- If nobody has done it - let me
Rick, let's get the information out in the public view - authorize the release of the arbitrator's report - If the DA is afraid of the contents then he will not want it released....If Rick is afraid of the information he can keep that sealed. Let's see who has something to hide.
Yes. That is a wonderful idea Charles Bronson.
RICK GORE...... PLEASE AUTHORIZE THE RELEASE OF THE ARBITRATOR'S REPORT. Let's put Andrew Steven's widow's mind at ease and put the RIGHT murderer(s) in prison. Not the scapegoat's!
RICK GORE..... Please do this for all concerned! You are the only one who can not let Steven's death go unpunished!
Prudent

San Francisco, CA

#142 Nov 14, 2009
I wonder if Zielesch's family spent as much time trying to stop him from doing meth and hurting others as they spend here on these forums.

So much time, effort, and love that could be so much better directed. What a shame.
Skaggs wins Settlement

Vacaville, CA

#143 Dec 31, 2009
Gee all this talk from Reisig's boy's. Skaggs just got paid big money since Reisig is crook and liar.

The document is public. Now what do all you little Reisig lovers have to say....

Yet, Gore got paid, Skaggs got paid, and all the smack talking, now what?

Yea I get it, Yolo county always pays off cops that are dirty and liars..... right???
Mike

United States

#144 Dec 31, 2009
Skaggs wins Settlement wrote:
Gee all this talk from Reisig's boy's. Skaggs just got paid big money since Reisig is crook and liar.
The document is public. Now what do all you little Reisig lovers have to say....
Yet, Gore got paid, Skaggs got paid, and all the smack talking, now what?
Yea I get it, Yolo county always pays off cops that are dirty and liars..... right???
If you cant win them.you join them....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Galva Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kpd news Thu Exactly 2
Reasons why to move to Kewanee? Aug 26 Truthis 7
Question about parole Aug 26 prayersranswered 1
Powers out in kewanee Aug 23 wigging 4
Sally Decrane (Aug '11) Feb '15 Phantom 2
Karissa Nash (Jan '15) Jan '15 Face 1
decent hospitals around Galva? (Oct '14) Oct '14 reality bites 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Galva Mortgages