Police: DWI crash kills Gallup man (1...

Police: DWI crash kills Gallup man (10:04 a.m.)

There are 11 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 25, 2009, titled Police: DWI crash kills Gallup man (10:04 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

State police say a 21-year-old Gallup man has died after the pickup truck he was driving was struck by a drunk driver.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Rivers

United States

#1 Sep 25, 2009
Scott was a good friend of my niece. This is not Begay's first DWI. I hope he gets life in prison.
ha ha

Ewa Beach, HI

#2 Sep 25, 2009
Good old Gallup, NM a.k.a. "Drunktown USA" Tourists, driving through Gallup streets, beware - lots of them drunk Navajo's are out there. Thank god, I moved away from that place!!! I'm embarrassed to say where I'm from.
ha ha

Ewa Beach, HI

#3 Sep 25, 2009
Rivers wrote:
Scott was a good friend of my niece. This is not Begay's first DWI. I hope he gets life in prison.
Never is their first, for most of the Navajo's up there.
nasty nate

Ashburn, VA

#4 Sep 25, 2009
Drunken Navajo's.....thats not even a sterotype its the truth in Galluphole.
Priorities

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Sep 25, 2009
ha ha wrote:
Good old Gallup, NM a.k.a. "Drunktown USA" Tourists, driving through Gallup streets, beware - lots of them drunk Navajo's are out there. Thank god, I moved away from that place!!! I'm embarrassed to say where I'm from.
You obviously did not read the article correctly. The drunk driver was from Arizona, the Gallup man was the victim.
Why is it the drunks always walk away from these things?
To the family of this young man, you are in my prayers.
MADD must prevail

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Sep 25, 2009
When will drunk drivers start paying for the deaths or injuries they cause. We are we always hearing about repeat offenders? It is time to start making drunk drivers pay! My prayers go out to the family of this young man. How sad to die at the hands of a loser!
ha ha

United States

#7 Sep 25, 2009
Priorities wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously did not read the article correctly. The drunk driver was from Arizona, the Gallup man was the victim.
Why is it the drunks always walk away from these things?
To the family of this young man, you are in my prayers.
same difference; they're not that far apart - just like El Paso and Juarez
NM raised

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 8, 2010
MADD must prevail wrote:
When will drunk drivers start paying for the deaths or injuries they cause. We are we always hearing about repeat offenders? It is time to start making drunk drivers pay! My prayers go out to the family of this young man. How sad to die at the hands of a loser!
Scott was a loser also, didn't finish school, trouble with the law. Yep, one less loser on the street!!
Bobbie from Gallup

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Sep 13, 2010
NM raised wrote:
<quoted text>Scott was a loser also, didn't finish school, trouble with the law. Yep, one less loser on the street!!
What an idiot! "NM raised" I'm Gallup raised and didn't know the kid I do however know his father. Nobody deserves what happened to this kid or his family and friends, show some respect! Besides who are you to judge? You won't even post your real name!
gallup

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Feb 27, 2011
Scott was a druggie. He liked to ride over the streets in front of vehicles with his atv and or motorcycle. One less idiot we have to worry about. He was a hole.
chinah l

United States

#11 Mar 14, 2011
It may be a drunk town. I pray about victim family. It's so sad. To hear about it. There are people whom making a differ to drunks. Which is under funded. Hello.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Min Min Apr '16 Redneck 1
News Former deputy gets probation for residential sh... (Nov '08) Mar '16 NonAnonymous 33
News State releases list of top deadbeat parents (Mar '09) Feb '16 Toshar 67
News Homelessness identified as top issue in Farming... (May '14) Jan '16 Go figr 29
Lets talk, eat and laugh (Sep '15) Jan '16 Raydot 2
News handicapped space (Nov '15) Nov '15 Victor 2
Gallup Music Forum (Feb '13) Nov '15 Musikologist 12

Gallup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gallup Mortgages