Western Refining Co. will pay $350,000 for emissions violations

Full story: El Paso Times 7
Western Refining Co. of El Paso, the nation's fourth-largest publicly traded independent oil refiner, agreed to pay a $350,000 civil penalty to the New Mexico Environment Department, officials announced Thursday. Full Story
LLBD

El Paso, TX

#1 Jun 10, 2011
So, Western Refining, good ol' boy business as usual??? Will the people of El Paso have to treat you the same as they did Asarco?? Protest! Take you to court for the violations of public trust?? It didn't go well for Asarco! Tthe Fine doesn't really hurt you where it should, as you informed us that you all made a profit this year! I guess the saying is true - its easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. My trust in you is failing!

Since: Mar 11

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 10, 2011
The iconic Paul Foster walks on water here, I'm surprised the Mayor did'nt volunteer the city to pay the fine, hey do you think Paul has heard about the fine yet? He's probably in his million dollar apartment in Manhattan and can't be bothered by the news here.
wtf

Wichita, KS

#3 Jun 10, 2011
LLBD wrote:
So, Western Refining, good ol' boy business as usual??? Will the people of El Paso have to treat you the same as they did Asarco?? Protest! Take you to court for the violations of public trust?? It didn't go well for Asarco! Tthe Fine doesn't really hurt you where it should, as you informed us that you all made a profit this year! I guess the saying is true - its easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. My trust in you is failing!
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
wtf

Wichita, KS

#4 Jun 10, 2011
therealgrtwyt wrote:
The iconic Paul Foster walks on water here, I'm surprised the Mayor did'nt volunteer the city to pay the fine, hey do you think Paul has heard about the fine yet? He's probably in his million dollar apartment in Manhattan and can't be bothered by the news here.
Paul Foster/Western Refining pays the city of El Paso much money in taxes......the city fathers better take care of him.
WOW

El Paso, TX

#5 Jun 10, 2011
Paul Foster is a good man. Stop hating people that make a success of their lives.
Disgusted

El Paso, TX

#6 Jun 11, 2011
As with most big businesses, it's cheaper to pay the fine than to do obey the law and do the right thing. Try that in your personal life and see how it works out for you.
Disgusted

El Paso, TX

#7 Jun 11, 2011
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Foster/Western Refining pays the city of El Paso much money in taxes......the city fathers better take care of him.
Since you claim to know that Western pays so much in taxes, why not be specific and give us the amount? When you do, I want you to also subtract from Western's taxes the value of tax breaks on Foster's personal real estate development projects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mexico AG to investigate gas prices in Four... Sep 24 Chico 2
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8
Thug City, Little LA, Drunk Town USA (Jun '12) Sep 2 Rex 2
Day 53 - Celebrating the Fourth in Navajo Nation Jul '14 Truth 1
Gallup Music Forum (Feb '13) Jul '14 Musikologist 9
Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. Jul '14 CornDogz 11
Fort Wingate Music Selection (Aug '12) Jun '14 Musikologist 10
Gallup Dating
Find my Match

Gallup Jobs