Shiprock kicks off 97th annual fair

Shiprock kicks off 97th annual fair

There are 109 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Sep 25, 2008, titled Shiprock kicks off 97th annual fair. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

High fuel prices are not expected to dampen the spirit this weekend for the beginning of the annual Ye'ii-Bi-Chei dance at the Shiprock Navajo Fair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
shprock rez

Fontana, CA

#120 Aug 18, 2009
rez one wrote:
<quoted text>so why dodn't you run for the FAIR BOARD since ur all soo concern about navajo pay to play?
I wish we all could run for the fair board ,but we all know thats not gonna happened,as long as the current shiprock fair board members r still there,they all take turns every 4yr's to VOTE FOR THEMSELVES in for the position and all they do is hire their own families members to work during the FAIR TIME.
2cool4school

Rangely, CO

#121 Aug 18, 2009
Mmmmmmmm, Mutton stew...fry bread, now if only the Zia Bar was still open. Have to drive all the way to Farmington and back..watch out!
Harvey

Santa Ana, CA

#122 Aug 18, 2009
Most people that run fairs are crooks.

The way to get in is to start by volunteering,
then work your way up, and then get your buddies in.
shiprock voter

Fontana, CA

#123 Aug 20, 2009
Harvey wrote:
Most people that run fairs are crooks.
The way to get in is to start by volunteering,
then work your way up, and then get your buddies in.
and this has been the case for the MANUELITO FAMILIES and the YABENY'S family that have controlled the shiprock navajo fair,INC. all in the family...
joe camel

Albuquerque, NM

#124 Aug 26, 2009
yep!

squash stew and a big piece of fry bread for me!!!!!
Ill rated

Tuba City, AZ

#125 Aug 27, 2009
Hell Yeah PaRTY TIME drink beer all day and party all note LOL hahaha who with me! start on weds-Mon bus leave weds afternoon and endin Mon afternoon free drinks and mayb frybread! Don't for get ur hangover pills! Bring a 3o ok and get a GET OUT JAIL FREE CARD! hahahahahahaha let me and sign up limited space party bus
Lass Century Survivor

United States

#126 Sep 15, 2009
Enjoy da fair! Watch out for the Grandma & Pa's and the lil ones,too. Have plenty of water, Aldo they gave away mos of it.(da NTC) Be careful and courtsey, let you neighbor in the traffit light and smile. Have a shade for your head. Eat lots of mutton and wave to the Miss Navajo and Miss Shiprock. Enjoy da FAIR! Renember, NO Drugs adn Alcohal!! Peaz.
Terry

United States

#127 Aug 18, 2011
Well chile is cool he played for band call( Xit)he was a drumer back in the 70s.You all stop your complaining.
RU Drunk

Florence, AL

#128 Nov 10, 2012
Terry wrote:
Well chile is cool he played for band call( Xit)he was a drumer back in the 70s.You all stop your complaining.
What the heck you talking about. Are you High. And "Chili" needs to be investigated as to his conduct in the BCDS Scandal and whatever else he was involved in. Yup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Correction officer arrested, accused of sleepin... Apr 11 Biggie63 2
Rock Springs (Oct '09) Apr 10 Woo 8
Fort Wingate Music Selection (Aug '12) Mar '17 Musikologist 15
News Search continues for missing man (Apr '08) Mar '17 Paul 6
News Woman arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest Feb '17 lolol 1
News Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. (Jul '14) Jan '17 You forgot 24
News Travelers series continues: Magoffin sculpture ... (Jul '09) Dec '16 El Chico 7

Gallup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gallup Mortgages