Desert Rock Power Plant hearings set

Desert Rock Power Plant hearings set

There are 15 comments on the Daily Times story from Jun 22, 2007, titled Desert Rock Power Plant hearings set. In it, Daily Times reports that:

“We wanted to have a thorough comment period for people to really be able to look through it and recognize the nature of it and the complexity of the project”

The Bureau of Indian Affairs confirmed dates for public hearings on the draft Environmental Impact Statement for the proposed Desert Rock Power Plant, which have hinged on publication of a notice of ... via Daily Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Times.

Julia Zlitni

Denver, CO

#1 Jun 22, 2007
BIA CANCEL A MEETING THAT WAS SCHEDULE BEFORE. BIA DID A NO CALL NO SHOW. OPPONENTS SHOWED UP FOR THE MEETING. WHAT A CONFUSION. I THINK IT IS A BLESSING FROM ABOVE. FIRE ALL BIA OFFICIALS IF IT WAS ONE OF US WE WOULD HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THE PINK SLIP. THE OPPONENTS DESERVE MORE THAN A GLASS OF WATER. A FREE LUNCHEON AND GAS CERTIFICATES FOR A CANCEL MEETING THAT WAS UNANNOUNCED AND MISLEADING EVERYONE THAT SHOW UP. THAT JUST SHOWS THEY HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER US BUT WASTING PRECIOUS TIMES AND MORE POLLUTION. SMOG WITH OZONE GETTING HOTTIER AND HOTTIER.
huh

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 2, 2012
Obama's job plan, NO ONE has a job.
observer

Farmington, NM

#3 Jun 2, 2012
huh wrote:
Obama's job plan, NO ONE has a job.
He got that plan from the Navajo Nation! Heheheheheh!
observer

Farmington, NM

#4 Jun 2, 2012
Julia Zlitni wrote:
BIA CANCEL A MEETING THAT WAS SCHEDULE BEFORE. BIA DID A NO CALL NO SHOW. OPPONENTS SHOWED UP FOR THE MEETING. WHAT A CONFUSION. I THINK IT IS A BLESSING FROM ABOVE. FIRE ALL BIA OFFICIALS IF IT WAS ONE OF US WE WOULD HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THE PINK SLIP. THE OPPONENTS DESERVE MORE THAN A GLASS OF WATER. A FREE LUNCHEON AND GAS CERTIFICATES FOR A CANCEL MEETING THAT WAS UNANNOUNCED AND MISLEADING EVERYONE THAT SHOW UP. THAT JUST SHOWS THEY HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER US BUT WASTING PRECIOUS TIMES AND MORE POLLUTION. SMOG WITH OZONE GETTING HOTTIER AND HOTTIER.
So what have to do with Desert Rock Power Plant? And what are you doing in Denver, Co so far away from protecting you land in Burnham, NM? Heheheheh.
Judas

Farmington, NM

#5 Jun 6, 2012
Julia Zlitni wrote:
Who are your leaders in Burnham Julia? Are they worthy of being called leaders?
Judas

Farmington, NM

#6 Jun 7, 2012
Lots of Navajos have been going to school forever learning and not bringing that education back to the Rez to use that education to straighten up their communities. Ring any bells Julia Zlitni? All mouth and no action. Question your leaders in Burnham, NM. Protect your leases.
coalwarrior

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Jun 9, 2012
I am Maria Gunnoe from Boone County WV and I (like 100’s of others) help to represent the
stories of the Appalachian Communities where coal mining impacts are killing the people and
depopulating our mountain culture.

http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/big_coals_sle...
observer

Farmington, NM

#8 Jun 10, 2012
The deal has already been struck, these meetings are only being scheduled to make it look like they are going throught the motions! "Heheheheeh.
observer

Farmington, NM

#9 Jun 10, 2012
Just like the so called town hall (at Chapters across the Navajo Nation) meetings on the water rights issue! RIGHT? Dumb Navajos!
Naalthjiide

Farmington, NM

#10 Jun 12, 2012
Same old corrupt officials trying to hide their sin! Reap what you sow! I wonder what you will take with you at the appointed hour! And then whos will they be (your ill gotten gains) heheheheheh....
Judas

Farmington, NM

#11 Jun 12, 2012
Time for the younger smarter Navajos to take control of what is rightfully theirs. The Navajo Nation Government. It is corrupt like many other governments around the globe. Others have had enough of it and they are doing something about their corrupt governments. Where are you young educated Navajos it is time to step up and take over the Navajo Nation. Things are happening all over the rest of the world except in China and the Navajo Rez! Occupy the Navajo Nation and make it something that we Navajos can all be proud of!
jojo

Maywood, CA

#12 Jul 9, 2012
Do we really need more pollution?
powerplant

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jul 9, 2012
jojo wrote:
Do we really need more pollution?
When your sitting in the dark in Californicate and you can't turn on your computer then maybe you will see the need for electricity. Californicators are so stupid.
Farmington Resident

Farmington, NM

#14 Jul 21, 2012
Judas wrote:
Lots of Navajos have been going to school forever learning and not bringing that education back to the Rez to use that education to straighten up their communities. Ring any bells Julia Zlitni? All mouth and no action. Question your leaders in Burnham, NM. Protect your leases.
Especially that penguin Perry Begay!!! and that stupid Chapter prez. He needs a probe!!!
Farmington Resident

Farmington, NM

#15 Jul 21, 2012
Burnham has stupid leaders!!!! X4

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I LOVE you, Ms. Cook, USPS Clerk, Grants, New ... Oct 3 You are so beautiful 1
Missing 12 year old girl from Grants! Sep 23 A friend in La 1
Saucequatch Jun '17 Squatch is my friend 1
News Daniels Fund awards grants to N.M. nonprofits (Jan '06) Jun '17 Anonymous 7
Gallup Music Forum (Feb '13) May '17 Musikologist 14
News Correction officer arrested, accused of sleepin... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Biggie63 2
Rock Springs (Oct '09) Apr '17 Woo 8

Gallup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gallup Mortgages