Another boom?

There are 78 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jun 19, 2011, titled Another boom?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Since the San Juan Basin first boomed after World War II, natural gas has formed the backbone of the local energy industry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dr Who

Bloomfield, NM

#64 Jun 21, 2011
They do have leased mineral rights to the land though.
Oh brother wrote:
<quoted text>
aren't you an ****? It's not their land though is it?
Casual observer

Florence, AL

#65 Jun 21, 2011
Dr No it All wrote:
<quoted text>You COULD, but you would not like it very much.
The Shadow knows......(Safety Pay's is just a slogan, get the footage)....circa 1968 Rattlesnake Filed. Lofland Bros Rig #9
It's "Safety Pays", not "Safety Pay's".
It's "Field", not "Filed".
It's "Loffland Bros.", not "Lofland Bros".
Spell Cheke

Farmington, NM

#66 Jun 22, 2011
Thank you so much for the Spelling/Grammer lessons.

Don't know what we would do with out some one giving it a 'grade'?

Tag is the Boom, not the spelling of anyones comments. But then, if your "that" anunal retentative so be it.

The Shadow knows.....(big deal)....I look foreard to the Boum!...spell check that)...circa 2011
Green Lantern

Farmington, NM

#67 Jun 22, 2011
I aggree with Bottom Ash. and,...I wish the spell checker guy would go away.
Johnny B Good

Farmington, NM

#68 Jun 22, 2011
I wish the Casual Observer guy (spell check) would go away too, or to...or also. just git...
Colonel Creighton

San Antonio, TX

#69 Jun 30, 2011
It seems the nat gas boom may just be a ponzi scheme after all. So say the insiders.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/us/26gas.ht...

Since: Jun 11

United States

#71 Jun 30, 2011
The Daily Times article was about oil. Your NYT article was about natural gas. Apples and oranges, dogs and cats...
Colonel Creighton wrote:
It seems the nat gas boom may just be a ponzi scheme after all. So say the insiders.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/us/26gas.ht...
Oh Great

Albuquerque, NM

#73 Jun 30, 2011
Another possible boom...more drunks, methheads and nazi white trash moving in from the South into San Juan County. It's been really nice for the past few years, without those misfits of satan causing havoc in Farmington.
Oh Great

Albuquerque, NM

#74 Jun 30, 2011
Retired Oil Patch wrote:
Just look at the Service Companies.....Gearing up.
They know something we don't?....
Your kids (if they don't do drugs) can get a good paying job TODAY in the oil patch. Just apply...
But then, 90% of the kids that apply today do drugs, and are not physically capable of a good days work. That IS required in the OIL PATCH.
Your children would do much better with lifelong employment and all 10 fingers, if they stay away from the oil patch. Make your children do well in school & college, sparing them & their families the grief of little Timmy losing body parts before the age of 20. And reducing the risk of your son or daughter turning into an alcoholic and/or drug addict.
HiBob

Albuquerque, NM

#75 Jun 30, 2011
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So,...2cool4school (Dr. Niewoehner), what kind of doctor are you?..... I know you have avoided this question...for two weeks?..are something like that...(I guess by now, you realized, you canít hide. I know you were hoping it would go away).
At least your starting to come around and acknowledging Dr. Niewoehner (which is you)...and the only reason is because you're EXPOSED and now trying to downplay it, with your many different names/tags and probably will even denied it (which I know you will do).....
Your mistake is that, you didnít think back then and wrote your name with your tag,Ö Dr Bob Niewoehner (2cool4school).
http://www.craigdailypress.com/users/2cool4sc...
These links are no secret,Ö..and anybody can look them up.
"Dr Bob Niewoehner" AKA "2coolforschool" is a convicted sex offender, and spent time in the New Mexico prison system for sexual abuse against his ex-wife's daughter(s). His own daughter testified against him too, for abuses against her during his trial. Due to the statue of limitations, he was not charged for abusing his daughter, but served prison time in the state of NM for the crimes placed on his now ex-wife's little girl. No telling how many other children and women he has abused and decieved during his lifetime. He has been working at Steamboat Springs ski area, since his prison release. Yep, this is Bob Niewoehner alright. And this is no lie, it's public records.
How sure are you

Albuquerque, NM

#76 Jun 30, 2011
HiBob wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dr Bob Niewoehner" AKA "2coolforschool" is a convicted sex offender, and spent time in the New Mexico prison system for sexual abuse against his ex-wife's daughter(s). His own daughter testified against him too, for abuses against her during his trial. Due to the statue of limitations, he was not charged for abusing his daughter, but served prison time in the state of NM for the crimes placed on his now ex-wife's little girl. No telling how many other children and women he has abused and decieved during his lifetime. He has been working at Steamboat Springs ski area, since his prison release. Yep, this is Bob Niewoehner alright. And this is no lie, it's public records.
all that this 2cool is one and the same? It may be that other folks have used the 2cool4school nickname. I saw the links, and I would say that the way he wrote when he actually used the Bob Niewoehner name is much better than he writes around here. I wonder if there is a photo somewhere, perhaps and old mugshot? do you have a link to that info? If this is true, I'd like to see him get what's coming to him. The nastiness, racism, perversion, and his threats really need to be dealt with. He seems extremely unstable. I am in Farmington, and if I had some additional information, and yeah especially a photo, I might be able to find his ugly a$$
Muslim Mikey

San Antonio, TX

#77 Jul 1, 2011
Retired Oil Patch wrote:
Just look at the Service Companies.....Gearing up.
They know something we don't?....
Your kids (if they don't do drugs) can get a good paying job TODAY in the oil patch. Just apply...
But then, 90% of the kids that apply today do drugs, and are not physically capable of a good days work. That IS required in the OIL PATCH.
Oh good lard! You want you kids to grow and be like 2cool4school!? Yikes!
Driller

Farmington, NM

#78 Jul 1, 2011
420 Dude again wrote:
Don't get your kickers in a knot. It's going to happen....trust me.
The "Service Companies" are stocking up on 'stuff', pipe, valves,....drilling stuff from all over the world!
They are not doing this as a wim.....it has to happen! And soon.....I think and so do all the "Service" companies.
Hang on, keep of the pot for 60 days, and you as a young man, can get a well paying job in the Oil Filed again....
But remember, when "kids" have money, you have drugs, hookers, and everything else money will and can buy...always have, always will. For EVERY plus (jobs) there is a minuse (stuff money will buy)....
Please God, give me ONE MORE BOOM!
The Shadow knows......(been there before)....circa 1968-1998 seen 'em all......and bought low, sold high! Thanks God......
I worked in the patch 20 years and I hve all my fingers and toes. Safety
Kid Kido

Farmington, NM

#79 Jul 1, 2011
420 Dude again wrote:
Don't get your kickers in a knot. It's going to happen....trust me.
The "Service Companies" are stocking up on 'stuff', pipe, valves,....drilling stuff from all over the world!
They are not doing this as a wim.....it has to happen! And soon.....I think and so do all the "Service" companies.
Hang on, keep of the pot for 60 days, and you as a young man, can get a well paying job in the Oil Filed again....
But remember, when "kids" have money, you have drugs, hookers, and everything else money will and can buy...always have, always will. For EVERY plus (jobs) there is a minuse (stuff money will buy)....
Please God, give me ONE MORE BOOM!
The Shadow knows......(been there before)....circa 1968-1998 seen 'em all......and bought low, sold high! Thanks God......
I worked in the patch a long tiem. Where are we going to live in ND?
Oil Field Hand

Farmington, NM

#80 Jul 1, 2011
Oh Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Your children would do much better with lifelong employment and all 10 fingers, if they stay away from the oil patch. Make your children do well in school & college, sparing them & their families the grief of little Timmy losing body parts before the age of 20. And reducing the risk of your son or daughter turning into an alcoholic and/or drug addict.
Worked in the patch 20 years and still have all MY fingers and toes. And how do you MAKE your children to well in school and College. I see some of these guys fliping burgers or working at Walmart. In the patch you can learn a trade, and make Very Very good money to support a family...try that at McDonalds. Drill baby Drill.
Get Real

Farmington, NM

#81 Jul 1, 2011
Oh Great wrote:
Another possible boom...more drunks, methheads and nazi white trash moving in from the South into San Juan County. It's been really nice for the past few years, without those misfits of satan causing havoc in Farmington.
When the 'sucker rods' move in, the hookers move out! When "young men" have money, the vice comes out.....Always has and always will....Vice follows money (drugs/hookers,etc)

Since: Jun 11

Bloomfield, NM

#82 Jul 1, 2011
I am confused. Your answer is poverty?
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>When the 'sucker rods' move in, the hookers move out! When "young men" have money, the vice comes out.....Always has and always will....Vice follows money (drugs/hookers,etc)
Most Noise

Farmington, NM

#83 Jul 1, 2011
I agree with Dr Who, Poverty is not the answer.

The 4 corners area has a lot of natural gas that has yet to be drilled.

Booms come and go, it's time the Government let us drill, and use the natual gas for Power Plants, Comerical Vehicls, etc. etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City scores 50 out of 100 for LGBTQ friendly po... Nov 4 123ABC 1
I LOVE you, Ms. Cook, USPS Clerk, Grants, New ... Oct '17 You are so beautiful 1
Missing 12 year old girl from Grants! Sep '17 A friend in La 1
Saucequatch Jun '17 Squatch is my friend 1
News Daniels Fund awards grants to N.M. nonprofits (Jan '06) Jun '17 Anonymous 7
Gallup Music Forum (Feb '13) May '17 Musikologist 14
News Correction officer arrested, accused of sleepin... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Biggie63 2

Gallup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gallup Mortgages