Another boom?

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Since the San Juan Basin first boomed after World War II, natural gas has formed the backbone of the local energy industry.
Comments
1 - 20 of 78 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sancho Manygoats

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

cold cream wrote:
"Companies snapped up LEASES"...no land for outside companies is left to speculate on. Leases are just that, LEASES, longer term rentals, not "done deal" sales. Mineral right owners get 1/10 of ONE percent of the profits that are produced. That is a very tiny fraction for the person the owns the whole piece of the pie. These leases should be renegotiated, especially in times like these when drastic changes occur. Mineral right owners need to form a "band of brothers" grass root organization and force oil conglomerated to play fair, especially BP. Our leases have been bought and sold to and from several different producers over the years. The present, BP are the biggest a ss **** les to date. They want to run rough shod over one's land like THEY own it. They want to tear up everything in site and not to be responsible for any road maintenance or anything. These bas ards need to pack their glad rags and go home. The local little pimp/boot-lickers they have, they feed peanuts to can go with em. As with all leases, they should expire and be renegotiated or sold to the highest bidder. One cruise/year is not enough to sustain one's sanity to put up with these as s wip es. I would vote for packing up all your crap, get off our land and we'll take NO cruises and go back to farming and raising cattle. Have you seen the prices of cattle, sheep, corn and hay? Who needs stinking gas and oil? Not us land owners that own mineral rights. We could probably buy our own cruise ship if we got at least 25%, which STILL sounds fair.
Who p!$$ed in your post toasties this morning CC ,,you moght try going back to bed and getting up on the right side,,
Company Man

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

An old field workers prayer:

"Please God, let the be ONE MORE Boom,
I PROMISE I won't pisss this one all away!"

The Shadow knows....(Been there twice in my life time in the 4 Corners)...
Buy low....sell high! We did!....times are good!
the noose tightens

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

on mankind. We have backed ourselves into a corner with our cars, computers, technology, etc. I am just as guilty for loving the things which have stripped our Earth of precious resources. I have long thought that drilling in the Earth is a destablizing action. I believe it weakens the Earth and causes natural disasters such as earthquakes and the like. This horizontal drilling freaks me out...we are all doomed!
Amen

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

cold cream wrote:
"Companies snapped up LEASES"...no land for outside companies is left to speculate on. Leases are just that, LEASES, longer term rentals, not "done deal" sales. Mineral right owners get 1/10 of ONE percent of the profits that are produced. That is a very tiny fraction for the person the owns the whole piece of the pie. These leases should be renegotiated, especially in times like these when drastic changes occur. Mineral right owners need to form a "band of brothers" grass root organization and force oil conglomerated to play fair, especially BP. Our leases have been bought and sold to and from several different producers over the years. The present, BP are the biggest a ss **** les to date. They want to run rough shod over one's land like THEY own it. They want to tear up everything in site and not to be responsible for any road maintenance or anything. These bas ards need to pack their glad rags and go home. The local little pimp/boot-lickers they have, they feed peanuts to can go with em. As with all leases, they should expire and be renegotiated or sold to the highest bidder. One cruise/year is not enough to sustain one's sanity to put up with these as s wip es. I would vote for packing up all your crap, get off our land and we'll take NO cruises and go back to farming and raising cattle. Have you seen the prices of cattle, sheep, corn and hay? Who needs stinking gas and oil? Not us land owners that own mineral rights. We could probably buy our own cruise ship if we got at least 25%, which STILL sounds fair.
You got that right cc! The little tiny checks for 7 bucks or 15 bucks when you know they are reaping millions is ridiculous, time for them all to expire and renegotiate
Mel

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Cold Cream if you own the mineral rights and you don't like the terms then say no better yet why don't you take the risk and drill the well yourself and collect all the profit.
Hindsight

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Cold Cream, sounds like you were to stupid and greedy to negotiate a better deal for yourself and now it's BP's fault. Bet your mama didn't breastfeed you and that the reason your a whiny little beotch.
420 Dude again

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Don't get your kickers in a knot. It's going to happen....trust me.

The "Service Companies" are stocking up on 'stuff', pipe, valves,....drilling stuff from all over the world!

They are not doing this as a wim.....it has to happen! And soon.....I think and so do all the "Service" companies.

Hang on, keep of the pot for 60 days, and you as a young man, can get a well paying job in the Oil Filed again....

But remember, when "kids" have money, you have drugs, hookers, and everything else money will and can buy...always have, always will. For EVERY plus (jobs) there is a minuse (stuff money will buy)....

Please God, give me ONE MORE BOOM!

The Shadow knows......(been there before)....circa 1968-1998 seen 'em all......and bought low, sold high! Thanks God......
Casual observer

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

It's "knickers", not "kickers".
It's "on a whim", not "as a wim".
It's "off the pot", not "of the pot".
It's "oil field", not "oil filed".
It's "minus", not "minuse".

And those are just the spelling errors. The grammar is even worse.
Good luck

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Casual observer wrote:
trying to teach that one anything. He hits and runs so fast he doesn't care that he comes across dumb as a rock, he's a useless troll...
420 Dude again

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Casual observer wrote:
It seems to give you something to do, and that's a good thing is it not?
Is/was there anything you didn't understand by having 'misspelled' the word? Times are so tuff, I can't afford a 'spell check'......Anyway.
Other than being a English fanatic is there anything with the theam of the post you wish to make a comment on?
The Shadow knows....(Lemont Cranston didn't do will in spelling, but in Math he was a killer - MSChE 1968).......circa 2011
420 Dude again

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Good luck wrote:
<quoted text>
trying to teach that one anything. He hits and runs so fast he doesn't care that he comes across dumb as a rock, he's a useless troll...
TROLL? TROLL?...USELES TROLL?...WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS CRAP DUDE?

The Post is "Another Boom"?......

I have been there, have you?......do you have anything to say but "troll"?...what a dickhead!

Stick with the post...my bad spelling or not...say what you want, but 'try' to keep it relevant to the subject huh?

The Shadow knows......(what a dork).....circa 2011
420 Dude again

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Think MY spelling (Grammer) is bad, try "Eugene Earl".....

give me a break........

TSK.....(xxx)......cir 11
hurry

Teec Nos Pos, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

hurry up and start drilling so we can get back to work and pay who ever you got to pay so we can keep working alright!
Ned

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Companies drilling for oil are already in places where it is cheaper to drill, and the price of oil is dropping and headed for $60.00 per barrell, so forget your so called boom here in san juan basin.
bottom ash

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

cold cream wrote:
<quoted text>Just saying that if I got more than 1/10 of one percent, I could afford steak and eggs and screw the Post Toasties. One cruise/year is a little under-serving, too. I pay back what they "pay" me when I fill up my truck and tractor with 4.30 diesel that takes .25/gal to produce. Did you go to church this morning, Sanch?
Is that round steak. Round bologna and egg sandwich with cheese. I need some Cream in my coffee.
Dr Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Of course, you didn't take the risk of expending hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars gambling that the well may produce. You just sat on your behind a got a check.
Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right cc! The little tiny checks for 7 bucks or 15 bucks when you know they are reaping millions is ridiculous, time for them all to expire and renegotiate
sam

Chinle, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

if this boom happens. i hope it doesn't bring in more racist people and i also hope it brings down gas prices.
ChanhDilly

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Okay guys, get your one-dollar bills ready for a new "Gentlemen's Club" on Crouch Mesa and a new Hooters!!! You know we only go for the wings!

“getting closer to home...”

Since: Aug 08

middle of nowhere NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Don't care bout one thing on this subject! except i realy hope there is a boom!! to many friends are leaving. if we boom, they need it, and by God i hope they get it.. no i have no clue how this industry works, but i hope.. they put you guys here, back in the field, to work. thats all i can wish for..there best intrests.if this should be one, let them live without finacial worry...with a job close to home...
Give me a break

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

It's grammar..not grammer.*Rolls eyes*
420 Dude again wrote:
Think MY spelling (Grammer) is bad, try "Eugene Earl".....
give me a break........
TSK.....(xxx)......cir 11

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Gallup Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gallup People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Gallup News, Events & Info