Buckeye rural electric raping your wa...

Buckeye rural electric raping your wallet!

Posted in the Gallipolis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sick n tired

United States

#1 Mar 19, 2011
They need to be stopped!! It's robbery! Columbus and southern electric is half the cost. If they can offer it for a lower price, so can buckeye rural.
Natasha

United States

#2 Mar 20, 2011
AEP is going up as well! It's getting ridiculous!

Since: Nov 10

Columbus, OH

#3 Mar 20, 2011
That's not the only thing going up! Our car insurance just went up!! I'm stressed with all this! Plus gas is suppose to be 5.00 a gallon by summer! Does anybody have a bicycle I can use?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 20, 2011
Hell yeah my bill last month was $450 and we are home only 3 days a week! It's bullshit...
Believe!!!

United States

#5 Mar 20, 2011
Our bill was $329!!!! And were never here!!!
Sick n tired

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2011
Yeah! Ours has been 450!! And everybody in my house is gone all DAY!!! We show back up to sleep and gone again. They are outta friggin control, something needs done. I DESPISE those bastards!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#7 Mar 20, 2011
Got my newest bill a little bit ago... $280... Better than $450 lol
Natasha

United States

#8 Mar 21, 2011
My bill was 358 and is due at the end of the month when I just paid one at the beginning of the month! Ugh!
Hihh

United States

#9 Mar 22, 2011
Electric is outrageous
Fed Up

Gallipolis, OH

#10 Dec 1, 2012
I was under the impression that we were supposed to be given the option in Gallia County to choose either AEP or Buckeye Rural. BREC should not be able to get by with a FIXED CHARGE of $70.00 per month.

I will be contacting my local Congressman about their practices.
theone

United States

#11 Dec 1, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
I was under the impression that we were supposed to be given the option in Gallia County to choose either AEP or Buckeye Rural. BREC should not be able to get by with a FIXED CHARGE of $70.00 per month.

I will be contacting my local Congressman about their practices.
Nope, sorry your stuck with buckeye.
Jermaine

United States

#13 Dec 1, 2012
Something is majorly wrong with your house if your bill IS that high and your really NEVER home I have buckeye and its 220ish in summer time and 100 in winter (I use gas heat) and my wife and son Are here 24/7. It wouldnt be that high in the winter if i didnt plug my truck in some extra cold nights. Get a better thermastat so I can program it where your AC/heater dosent run while your not there and kicks on a hour before u get home. Keep lights off. Unplug things if your not using them. Little things will add up and make a difference
public notice

Gallipolis, OH

#14 Dec 2, 2012
If dont know BREC is a co-op meaning they purchase electricity from utility companies hence u are a third party no secret ur bill will be higher maybe u should have researched u choice of location !!
Jojo

United States

#15 Dec 2, 2012
public notice wrote:
If dont know BREC is a co-op meaning they purchase electricity from utility companies hence u are a third party no secret ur bill will be higher maybe u should have researched u choice of location !!
It's a lot easier to just bitch
what happen

Barnwell, SC

#16 Dec 3, 2012
Its actully cheaper to go with a self generating system. windmills solar pannels. would also work. solar pannels not so much. House trailers drain electricity.
me

United States

#17 Dec 3, 2012
Try this putting a timer on your hot water tank so that it's not keeping your water hot while your at work and sleeping a electric hot water tank is 1/3 of your bill set the timer to go off in the morning when you leave and come back on just before you get home and off again when you go to bed and back on just before you get up
poster

United States

#18 Dec 4, 2012
Ain't nothing like getting raped on a monthly basis!!!!
vinton resident

Columbus, OH

#19 Nov 7, 2014
poster wrote:
Ain't nothing like getting raped on a monthly basis!!!!
You are get raped on a daily basis by Buckeye rec and gang banged on a monthly basis when the bill arrives in the mailbox and the president of the Buckeye rec electric co-op is very wealthy from robbing the poor and stealing the food from there mouths and the lunch money and clothing from the school children, this co-op needs to be abolished by federal law and the board of utilities the persons in charge of there rates are just as bad as Obama when it comes to cutting peoples throats in scandal.
bobby

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Nov 10, 2014
Ive never had a bill over $110 with buckeye electric and that was because I used 2 air conditioners most of the months its under 80 bucks
Lisa

Lancaster, OH

#21 Jan 25, 2015
Well you are lucky. My bill is between $400-$580 every month. Would give anything to switch company's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallipolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Devil Football 3 hr Oh Really 36
Christine dray (Mar '11) 3 hr prankster 12
Nika cooper 5 hr Matt Cooper 17
Michelle miniard richard hurt 8 hr keep it in the fam 4
Synthia hurt 8 hr ashlee 15
Jo Ellen and Andy Fisher (Jul '14) 10 hr gods hands 204
Suggestions on a good lawn care company? 11 hr sunny 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gallipolis Mortgages