Spring Valley Cinema

Posted in the Gallipolis Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Frieda

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 13, 2010
Will someone please tell me what's going on? I've heard a few rumors that they are closed/will be closing/aren't closing. No one seems to know exactly why or when.

Also, and I'm not saying it's true because like I said, I have no idea, I was told that they had a bug problem and that was why they were closing. Even mention of bedbugs. I have no clue whether it's true, but it's the only reason I've been given.

I would hate to see them close for any reason because it's nice to not have to drive an hour to see a movie. I hate to see any business leave Gallia Co.
Concerned

Brunswick, OH

#2 Nov 13, 2010
I heard from a teenager that the problem is our teenagers. They urinate, vomit and have sex in the theater. They have no respect and they spend most of their money on pot or synthetic pot so they do not have money for the movies. I am sure they are also feeling the recession as are all business.
another mother

Corning, OH

#3 Nov 13, 2010
Concerned wrote:
I heard from a teenager that the problem is our teenagers. They urinate, vomit and have sex in the theater. They have no respect and they spend most of their money on pot or synthetic pot so they do not have money for the movies. I am sure they are also feeling the recession as are all business.
My kid came home a few months ago and told about a boy and girl that was caught having sex inside the theater! They were asked to leave and then went back the next week. I don't know if it's just this one couple or more than them. Somebody needs to put a stop to this kind of thing. Kids also sneak in the back door and don't pay admission. No wonder they might close.
Mazda

Flushing, NY

#4 Nov 13, 2010
I will be purchasing it.
Randie J

United States

#5 Nov 13, 2010
Theater is still open, down to minimal showings thru the week. No late showings except on the weekend.
And the theater is for sale $1.2 million (I heard) not sure who around here is going to pay that much, but guess we'll see.
Would love to see someone purchase it and put a little money into it to update the equipment and facility some. As for the teenagers being a problem, that part is true also. Hardly a night goes by that the Sheriffs Dept isn't called because of the teens running around causing trouble. And because of these reasons I will gladly make the drive to Huntington to the mall to watch where the movies are cheaper and everything is clean and works like it's supposed to. I would prefer to support our local businesses but there are just times when it doesn't make sense to and this is one of those.
question

Pickerington, OH

#6 Nov 13, 2010
is there a goo place to go see a movie
another mother

United States

#7 Nov 13, 2010
Guess it's not a good place to send your kids! I did'nt realize it was that bad. I thought the sex at the theater was just a one time thing. Harry Wheeler would never have put up with that kind of behavior (on 2nd ave. theator). Too bad they let the kids ruin the place, it's not all that old.
Concerns

Flushing, NY

#8 Nov 13, 2010
I have been very concerned for a long time. I have younger siblings that still go to the cinema. And I've heard things for a long time. I went there when I was in middle school and high school. And it was kinda bad then. I'd love to buy it. Seriously if it becomes for sale I would do everything that I can to purchase it and keep it running. Our children have nothing. The prices at the cinema is too high for our town. It needs some updates. And some improvements. I would love nothing more but to clean it up. The movies is the only thing that the kids still get to go and hang out. We just need to stop all the bad ones from ruining it for everyone.
another mother wrote:
Guess it's not a good place to send your kids! I did'nt realize it was that bad. I thought the sex at the theater was just a one time thing. Harry Wheeler would never have put up with that kind of behavior (on 2nd ave. theator). Too bad they let the kids ruin the place, it's not all that old.
another mother

Corning, OH

#9 Nov 13, 2010
I would like to see someone like you buy it, good luck. You are right the good kids need a safe place to go, I used to think it was a decent place.
Concerned citizen

Flushing, NY

#10 Nov 13, 2010
another mother wrote:
I would like to see someone like you buy it, good luck. You are right the good kids need a safe place to go, I used to think it was a decent place.
thanks! I'm going to look into it. I would hate to see another place get shut down. That's why the kids run crazy. They just don't have anywhere to go. Skating rink...shut down. Bowling...isn't doing so well either. I'd love to improve it and make it safe for families.
Michelle

Newark, NJ

#11 Nov 13, 2010
We don't go to the movies that much unless it's one I just can't wait for. I usually just wait until they come on Starz to watch them. But during fair week we did go on a Tuesday night. The movie quality was horrible! The picture was out of focus and it didn't even fit on the screen. You could see the edges of the movie on the walls at the side. I dont know if all of the screens are this way but from what I am told they are. Friends told me to go to Jackson or Huntington but we had kids at the fair and did not want to be far. I hate to see them close it though. I guess if the teens are as bad as they say, then it is to be expected. There is no supervision there and parents just drop their kids off thinking they will be safe. You just can't expect teens to make good decisions when they are just turned loose.
getreal

Corning, OH

#12 Nov 14, 2010
Michelle wrote:
We don't go to the movies that much unless it's one I just can't wait for. I usually just wait until they come on Starz to watch them. But during fair week we did go on a Tuesday night. The movie quality was horrible! The picture was out of focus and it didn't even fit on the screen. You could see the edges of the movie on the walls at the side. I dont know if all of the screens are this way but from what I am told they are. Friends told me to go to Jackson or Huntington but we had kids at the fair and did not want to be far. I hate to see them close it though. I guess if the teens are as bad as they say, then it is to be expected. There is no supervision there and parents just drop their kids off thinking they will be safe. You just can't expect teens to make good decisions when they are just turned loose.
if kids are realy having sex, actually doin the deed, doubt if anyone is looking at the screen anyway. lol what day and time do these kids show up? lol
The Voice of Reason

Point Pleasant, WV

#13 Nov 14, 2010
The theater is awful. The ceiling is falling in, the picture quality is horrible. The building is basically falling apart. I will never spend another dime in that god-awful place. When I went to see Nightmare on Elm Street, I couldn't believe my eyes! I watched a clearer version online!!! The sound of the movies might as well be in mono. A 1.2 million price tag on the place??? I wouldn't pay 1.2 dollars for it. Demolish the heap of junk and put in an AMC theater. At least then the 7 dollar admission fee would be worth it.
watcher

United States

#14 Nov 14, 2010
This place is a heap. I quit going to movies there about 2 years ago when I had a mouse crawl up my leg while watching a movie. I don't know if it was the same one that I saw out in the lobby by the arcade games or not, but it could have been. The restrooms are just yucky. I would rather use the toilet at a biker bar than at this theater because the biker bar's would probably be cleaner.
One time I went to see a movie and it was being projected about 3 feet below the screen and when I went out front to complain to the kids running the snack stand, they just basically told me to deal with it.
It really wouldn't suprise me if they had bed bugs. With the leaky roof they probably have mold issues as well. I wonder if the health department has stepped in? If not, maybe they should.
I suggest the Athena Grand cinema in Athens. You may pay a couple of dollars more for admission, but it is worth it. Nice, clean theater and restrooms. Yes, they have college kids working there, but they seem more respectful. Oh yeah, they have 3D movies also.
kyle hivley

Pickerington, OH

#15 Nov 14, 2010
i lost my virginity at the cinema
please dont sell it
Instigator

Point Pleasant, WV

#16 Nov 14, 2010
the cinema is no different than any other mis managed bus. in gallia. At the rate we are going this town will have nothing but wallmart , check cashing and loan, and a rental center(no credit needed) on every freaking block. Wake up people our resturants are nothing to brag about. our hospital is nothing but a MRSA infected rat hole, Our public schools have gone to hell, are law inforcement are nothing but Barney Fife wana bees, the judicial system is run by a bunch of drug sniffen dumb a**es, i have said it once and i will say it again the best thing for gallipolis is to break off and float down the F***ing river and start over.
Alliestor

Point Pleasant, WV

#17 Nov 14, 2010
the people that come up with this shit are the people who have no life out side the internet. who were sheltered and pretty much lame all their life. Who didn't go to the movies and have some kinda encounter when they were a teenager? oh thats right the nerdy kids that stayed home and studied, and now there bitching because basically there jealous of these kids. leave em alone, there gonna do what they do its natural, stop telling them not to, and how to do it safely and maybe you wont have half the teen pregnancy rate.
Instagator

Gallipolis, OH

#18 Nov 14, 2010
You def are one! But we need to improve this town not let everything get ran into the ground.
Instigator wrote:
the cinema is no different than any other mis managed bus. in gallia. At the rate we are going this town will have nothing but wallmart , check cashing and loan, and a rental center(no credit needed) on every freaking block. Wake up people our resturants are nothing to brag about. our hospital is nothing but a MRSA infected rat hole, Our public schools have gone to hell, are law inforcement are nothing but Barney Fife wana bees, the judicial system is run by a bunch of drug sniffen dumb a**es, i have said it once and i will say it again the best thing for gallipolis is to break off and float down the F***ing river and start over.
Bob Barker

Pineville, WV

#19 Nov 15, 2010
I worked at Spring Valley Cinema several years ago and even then it was crap! We had good employees but the owner and his wife are DUMBASSES!
I hope that they do close because it is a waste of money to go there.
The employees they have no are so rude and incompetent.
As for the teenagers that go there....well I'll just say that parents in Gallipolis need to do a better job of raising their children.
Bob Barker

Pineville, WV

#20 Nov 15, 2010
Instigator wrote:
AMEN!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallipolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason wright that works at mcdonalds 1 hr Kat 8
Who is the biggest piece of trash in Gallipolis? 5 hr good6910 11
alice mullens grey 7 hr hmmm 3
jimmy & tammy are trash (Sep '13) 7 hr Who knew 11
derek watkins 7 hr hmmm 5
Reida Collins (Apr '13) 9 hr comment 10
eboli is here 10 hr Last,BestHopeforH... 13
Gallipolis Dating
Find my Match

Gallipolis Jobs